DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Do sprag clutch bearings work together? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/372257-do-sprag-clutch-bearings-work-together.html)

John Doe[_4_] June 30th 14 07:34 AM

Do sprag clutch bearings work together?

If you put two sprag clutch bearings into a scooter wheel to replace
ordinary 608 bearings, will they work together? In other words...
Will both bearings share the load equally? Will both bearings lock at
exactly the same time/location?

That's how it looks to me, but I have no experience with them.

Thanks.

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] June 30th 14 11:36 AM

Do sprag clutch bearings work together?

John Doe fired this volley in news:lor0cv$58p
:

Will both bearings lock at
exactly the same time/location?

If they're loaded sprags (that is, the rollers are held with light pressure
against the ramps at all times), yes. Even if they don't, they'll wear
until they do. The one doing all the locking will wear faster than the
other one.

LLoyd