Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Logan 110000-4T lathe

Got gifted a Logan 11" Powermatic. It's a little rough, but looks like the
ways are in good shape.

It looks like a great possibility for future CNC-ing.

Anyone got one, or one similar? Any hints on Logan 'secrets'?

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 May 2014 16:56:08 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Got gifted a Logan 11" Powermatic. It's a little rough, but looks like the
ways are in good shape.

It looks like a great possibility for future CNC-ing.

Anyone got one, or one similar? Any hints on Logan 'secrets'?

LLoyd

Scott Logan of loganact.com used to be a regular here. He still
supports these lathes. While you could CNC it, you are better off
finding a CNC lathe with a dead control to start your CNC project.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Thu, 22 May 2014 16:56:08 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Got gifted a Logan 11" Powermatic. It's a little rough, but looks like the
ways are in good shape.

It looks like a great possibility for future CNC-ing.

Anyone got one, or one similar? Any hints on Logan 'secrets'?

LLoyd

Scott Logan of loganact.com used to be a regular here. He still
supports these lathes. While you could CNC it, you are better off
finding a CNC lathe with a dead control to start your CNC project.

Scott now has a news group for Logan lathe owners:

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, May 23, 2014 2:26:32 AM UTC-7, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Thu, 22 May 2014 16:56:08 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Got gifted a Logan 11" Powermatic. It's a little rough, but looks like the

ways are in good shape.

It looks like a great possibility for future CNC-ing.

Anyone got one, or one similar? Any hints on Logan 'secrets'?

LLoyd

Scott Logan of loganact.com used to be a regular here. He still

supports these lathes. While you could CNC it, you are better off

finding a CNC lathe with a dead control to start your CNC project.

It seems to me that Scott Logan left when he got sick of how Mark Wieber's off topic cross posting began to destroy this newsgroup.

**** Mark Wieber and his clique of idiots losers.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 23 May 2014 04:26:32 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Thu, 22 May 2014 16:56:08 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Got gifted a Logan 11" Powermatic. It's a little rough, but looks like the
ways are in good shape.

It looks like a great possibility for future CNC-ing.

Anyone got one, or one similar? Any hints on Logan 'secrets'?

LLoyd

Scott Logan of loganact.com used to be a regular here. He still
supports these lathes. While you could CNC it, you are better off
finding a CNC lathe with a dead control to start your CNC project.

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

Logan Lathe Model 200 RoyJ Metalworking 19 March 20th 16 03:10 PM
Logan lathe El Cazador Metalworking 32 January 21st 08 08:12 AM
Logan lathe for sale [email protected] Metalworking 3 April 4th 06 01:47 AM
9-10" Logan lathe FS Gunner Asch Metalworking 0 October 29th 05 10:55 AM
Anyone need a Logan 14" lathe? Gunner Metalworking 2 July 25th 05 03:08 PM