Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Most incredible hail storm (pictures)

Today, we had the most inredible hail storm that I ever remember.

We saved a few pieces in the freezer. Look at the pictures with a
ruler and a lego person. Some are 2 inches long.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...ge-Hail-Storm/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Nice and hard. Does a number on cars and people.
Hope you and yours are AOK.

I used to live in the Austin, Tx area and got orange and grapefruit
sized composites and one time saucer shaped (flat dish like) that were
thrown the edge of a tornado.
Not a brag - just replaced a roof on the house 4 out of 5 years.

Martin

On 5/20/2014 8:15 PM, Ignoramus23449 wrote:
Today, we had the most inredible hail storm that I ever remember.

We saved a few pieces in the freezer. Look at the pictures with a
ruler and a lego person. Some are 2 inches long.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...ge-Hail-Storm/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 May 2014 20:15:06 -0500, Ignoramus23449
wrote:

Today, we had the most inredible hail storm that I ever remember.

We saved a few pieces in the freezer. Look at the pictures with a
ruler and a lego person. Some are 2 inches long.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...ge-Hail-Storm/

Damn that Gorbal Warming!!

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 21-May-14 9:15 AM, Ignoramus23449 wrote:
Today, we had the most inredible hail storm that I ever remember.

We saved a few pieces in the freezer. Look at the pictures with a
ruler and a lego person. Some are 2 inches long.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...ge-Hail-Storm/

Thats impressive hail - We never used to get that size hail (here in
Perth Western Asutralia) until 2010.

We had a storm that wrote off tens of thousands of cars in one go.
Broken windows and dents. I still see them daily and they look like
someone walked around them with a heavy ball pein hammer and gave them a
whack every 2 inches or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZATbPdujWc
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Damn that Gorbal Warming!!

Yeah! Big hail is scary. We have hail all the time here in tall
thunderstorm country, but really big hail almost never.

I got a photo of one of the stones next to a steel rule on the local NBC
affiliate. We had one lone tower storm come through with some 2" hail back
in late February. It sounded like the end of the world under my sheet
metal roof barn!

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23449 wrote in news:Rq6dnf-TZtiHY-
:

Today, we had the most inredible hail storm that I ever remember.

We saved a few pieces in the freezer. Look at the pictures with a
ruler and a lego person. Some are 2 inches long.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...ge-Hail-Storm/

Pretty mild in comparison to the hailstorms that hit Oklahoma City four years ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG_orGqMKV8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFv2W7Duqiw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 5/20/2014 8:15 PM, Ignoramus23449 wrote:
Today, we had the most inredible hail storm that I ever remember.

We saved a few pieces in the freezer. Look at the pictures with a
ruler and a lego person. Some are 2 inches long.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...ge-Hail-Storm/

Babies! Altho still tough on roofs, cars, etc., ... We're so dry
I've been telling townies that worry about it "it'll melt" and there
aren't enough crops left from drought that it'll matter much for them
anyway as far as wheat harvest this year.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/weatherhistorian/worlds-largest-hailstones

Worst one I've seen since one clear back when was very young that I
remember piled up several inches deep was about 2005 or
6--softball-sized and larger w/ 80 mph winds that lasted about 45
minutes. Wind so strong that from about three feet off the ground to
the ground it shredded the vinyl siding on the east/north side of the
Sonic drive-in building behind the overhang for the drivein booths --
probably 15'.

An empty 2nd-floor apartment on east side of Mom's assisted-living
facility had nothing in it including the drapes had been taken down for
cleaning. Broke the windows and so near horizontal from wind drove them
thru half-inch sheetrock on the inner wall about 8-ft from outer...

We've got t-storm chances for tonight thru Monday -- we're hoping. It's
been so dry last three years we've not had a decent t-storm in that
whole period which is our rain source. April totalled 0.3" and nothing
measurable so far in May. The "rainy season" has barely another month
before summer arrives in full force...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-21, Kennedy wrote:
On 21-May-14 9:15 AM, Ignoramus23449 wrote:
Today, we had the most inredible hail storm that I ever remember.

We saved a few pieces in the freezer. Look at the pictures with a
ruler and a lego person. Some are 2 inches long.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...ge-Hail-Storm/

Thats impressive hail - We never used to get that size hail (here in
Perth Western Asutralia) until 2010.

We had a storm that wrote off tens of thousands of cars in one go.
Broken windows and dents. I still see them daily and they look like
someone walked around them with a heavy ball pein hammer and gave them a
whack every 2 inches or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZATbPdujWc

Pretty impressive also!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-21, Doug Miller wrote:
Ignoramus23449 wrote in news:Rq6dnf-TZtiHY-
:

Today, we had the most inredible hail storm that I ever remember.

We saved a few pieces in the freezer. Look at the pictures with a
ruler and a lego person. Some are 2 inches long.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...ge-Hail-Storm/

Pretty mild in comparison to the hailstorms that hit Oklahoma City four years ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG_orGqMKV8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFv2W7Duqiw

I would say it was about same.