Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sears sandblaster

I have a 16706 Sears sandblaster that a friend gave me. I can't get it
to get any suction on the suction line. Dumped it out, disassembled.
Ceramic is broken. Can't find a replacement for ceramic, have a e mail
in to Sears. Looks simple enough. Am I missing something? What should
operating pressure be? I have a Husky 5hp with a 33 gal tank. Is that
enough? Sure want to get this running. Any advice, or where I can get
replacement ceramics? The one in there is a tube, and all I'm seeing is
conical shaped ceramics. Anyone got one of these? It's the 50 pound size.

Thanks

Steve
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/2/2014 11:22 PM, SteveB wrote:
I have a 16706 Sears sandblaster that a friend gave me. I can't get it
to get any suction on the suction line. Dumped it out, disassembled.
Ceramic is broken. Can't find a replacement for ceramic, have a e mail
in to Sears. Looks simple enough. Am I missing something? What should
operating pressure be? I have a Husky 5hp with a 33 gal tank. Is that
enough? Sure want to get this running. Any advice, or where I can get
replacement ceramics? The one in there is a tube, and all I'm seeing is
conical shaped ceramics. Anyone got one of these? It's the 50 pound size.

Thanks

Steve

Look at these people, They have been good to me and the parts might fit
your rig.

http://www.tptools.com/Nozzles-Air-Jets-Gaskets.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/2/2014 11:10 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 5/2/2014 11:22 PM, SteveB wrote:
I have a 16706 Sears sandblaster that a friend gave me. I can't get it
to get any suction on the suction line. Dumped it out, disassembled.
Ceramic is broken. Can't find a replacement for ceramic, have a e mail
in to Sears. Looks simple enough. Am I missing something? What should
operating pressure be? I have a Husky 5hp with a 33 gal tank. Is that
enough? Sure want to get this running. Any advice, or where I can get
replacement ceramics? The one in there is a tube, and all I'm seeing is
conical shaped ceramics. Anyone got one of these? It's the 50 pound
size.

Thanks

Steve

Look at these people, They have been good to me and the parts might fit
your rig.

http://www.tptools.com/Nozzles-Air-Jets-Gaskets.html

Fixed broken hose. Reversed collett. Tried it on nearest thing, my
hand. Damn, it works good now.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/4/2014 4:46 PM, SteveB wrote:
[...]

Says the guy with no finger prints.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Works a whole lot better, too, if you turn the ceramic in the right
direction.

Steve

3m sandblaster sponges benpost UK diy 2 July 24th 08 12:05 AM
Sandblaster tomstorey Woodturning 13 August 18th 06 12:30 AM
HF Sandblaster Travis Mahone Metalworking 6 January 19th 06 07:19 PM
use at home sandblaster a6016 Metalworking 6 March 31st 05 04:43 AM
Do I need a sandblaster? The Hurdy Gurdy Man Metalworking 13 January 12th 04 03:17 PM