Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to crack this Meilink safe

On 2014-03-20, Paul Drahn wrote:

On 3/20/2014 7:42 AM, Ignoramus10422 wrote:

I bought this Meilink safe at auction. Sadly, the safe is locked and

the combination is not available.

http://goo.gl/N2Nwcc

(Fortunately, at the same auction I bought a very nice Mosler safe

with a secret lockable compartment that is open).

Before I scrap this Meilink safe, I want to crack it open to see if

perhaps there is gold or diamonds or some such inside. I have a

acetylene torch, forklifts, etc.

I am not interested in spending big money on locksmiths, safe crackers

etc and I do not care to preserve the mechanism. This is a light duty

safe and it weighs under 300 lbs.

Any quick ideas of what I can do with it without wasting too much

time. Torch it from the bottom?

Are telling us you don't have any Russian friends that were KGB?

Paul

Yes, but he is only good at shooting, not safe cracking

Don't sell yourself short. You're also very good a shooting

....yourself in the foot.

....from the hip.