Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default switch and pot

"The Kid" just talked me into another project... Install VFDs on his
mill and lathe. he's going to make and mount two control boxes -
operator panel. The VFD and brake resitor will go inside with a cut
out to see the VFD panel. I'll wire and install.

He needs heavy duty industrial on/off/on switches and 2K ohm pots.
These can get a bit spendy - new. Anybody got some used ones or good
suggestion on where to buy?

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-03-18, Karl Townsend wrote:
"The Kid" just talked me into another project... Install VFDs on his
mill and lathe. he's going to make and mount two control boxes -
operator panel. The VFD and brake resitor will go inside with a cut
out to see the VFD panel. I'll wire and install.

He needs heavy duty industrial on/off/on switches and 2K ohm pots.
These can get a bit spendy - new. Anybody got some used ones or good
suggestion on where to buy?

Karl

Plentiful on ebay.

I normally just save them for myself, not for sale, too much work for
too little money. But I do sell A-B 800T buttons.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:38:34 -0500, Ignoramus17752

On 2014-03-18, Karl Townsend wrote:
"The Kid" just talked me into another project... Install VFDs on his
mill and lathe. he's going to make and mount two control boxes -
operator panel. The VFD and brake resitor will go inside with a cut
out to see the VFD panel. I'll wire and install.

He needs heavy duty industrial on/off/on switches and 2K ohm pots.
These can get a bit spendy - new. Anybody got some used ones or good
suggestion on where to buy?

Karl

Plentiful on ebay.

I normally just save them for myself, not for sale, too much work for
too little money. But I do sell A-B 800T buttons.

The AB buttons would be perfect if you have a couple on/off/on
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-03-18, Karl Townsend wrote:
"The Kid" just talked me into another project... Install VFDs on his
mill and lathe. he's going to make and mount two control boxes -
operator panel. The VFD and brake resitor will go inside with a cut
out to see the VFD panel. I'll wire and install.

He needs heavy duty industrial on/off/on switches and 2K ohm pots.
These can get a bit spendy - new. Anybody got some used ones or good
suggestion on where to buy?

Karl

Plentiful on ebay.

I normally just save them for myself, not for sale, too much work for
too little money. But I do sell A-B 800T buttons.

The AB buttons would be perfect if you have a couple on/off/on

The Automation Direct 22mm metal switches are good quality for the
money. They're similar to the old style Telemecanique 22mm switches,
if you're familiar with them.
http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/...-z-_Indicators

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2014-03-18, Karl Townsend wrote:
[...]

I second Neds's suggestion. I have these switches in a control on a
CNC machine. When I did the retrofit I bought them new and over ten
years later they still work like new.
Eric

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/17/2014 8:28 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
"The Kid" just talked me into another project... Install VFDs on his
mill and lathe. he's going to make and mount two control boxes -
operator panel. The VFD and brake resitor will go inside with a cut
out to see the VFD panel. I'll wire and install.

He needs heavy duty industrial on/off/on switches and 2K ohm pots.
These can get a bit spendy - new. Anybody got some used ones or good
suggestion on where to buy?

Karl

Can you use relays and cheap switches?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
"The Kid" just talked me into another project... Install VFDs on his
mill and lathe. he's going to make and mount two control boxes -
operator panel. The VFD and brake resitor will go inside with a cut
out to see the VFD panel. I'll wire and install.

He needs heavy duty industrial on/off/on switches and 2K ohm pots.
These can get a bit spendy - new. Anybody got some used ones or good
suggestion on where to buy?

Karl

http://www.mpja.com/Panel-Mount-Push.../products/293/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I second Neds's suggestion. I have these switches in a control on a
CNC machine. When I did the retrofit I bought them new and over ten
years later they still work like new.
Eric

Thanks for the suggestion. Wish i had asked a couple days earlier
cause that's where i got the two VFD's

I went with ebay and got two ohmite pots and two AB three position
switches. Total will be about $70, a bit more than the kid wanted to
spend. Oh well, the kid has always been good at spending dad's money.
Now its my turn.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 19:28:00 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

"The Kid" just talked me into another project... Install VFDs on his
mill and lathe. he's going to make and mount two control boxes -
operator panel. The VFD and brake resitor will go inside with a cut
out to see the VFD panel. I'll wire and install.

He needs heavy duty industrial on/off/on switches and 2K ohm pots.
These can get a bit spendy - new. Anybody got some used ones or good
suggestion on where to buy?

Karl

Ive got some new On/off/On switches. Allen Bradly as I recall.

They are marked Auto/off/Hand or some such

How many do you need and email me a shipping addy

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---