Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The rich pay less taxes

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 1:10:49 PM UTC-4, jim wrote:

Income tax only covers 1/3 of federal expenditures.

That means the rich get 25% of income and their

income tax payments cover about 13% of federal expenditures.

They are paying closer to half their share.

Wrong. The rich pay about 40% of the Federal income tax . The income tax only cover 1/3 of the federal expenditures. Which means that the rich cover about 13% of federal expenditures with income tax alone. So the top 1 % pay for at least 13% of federal expenditures. So the top 1 % pay a lot more then the 1 % that is their share. In fact they pay 13 times their share in income tax alone.

Now Jim will try to say their share ought to be calculated based on their income. But he has not presented anything that supports the idea that their share should be based on their income. I could just as easily state that their share should be based on their age or the number of people that they employ. There is nothing that supports Jim's assertion that their share of taxes should be based on their income. The fact is on a per capita basis the top 1 % pay a lot more than their share.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim jim is offline

" wrote:

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 1:10:49 PM UTC-4, jim wrote:

Income tax only covers 1/3 of federal expenditures.

That means the rich get 25% of income and their

income tax payments cover about 13% of federal expenditures.

They are paying closer to half their share.

Wrong. The rich pay about 40% of the Federal income tax . The income tax only cover 1/3 of the federal expenditures. Which means that the rich cover about 13%

That is exactly what I wrote. So how is that wrong?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:17:03 PM UTC-5, jim wrote:

Wrong. The rich pay about 40% of the Federal income tax . The income tax only cover 1/3 of the federal expenditures. Which means that the rich cover about 13%

That is exactly what I wrote. So how is that wrong?

You know exactly how that is wrong. You snipped off the rest of what I posted. The part where I say that your saying that the rich do not pay their share is only true if you decide their share depends on their income. There is no reason to make that assumption.

So poser , why do you post in a metalworking group? Isn't posting off topic things and never posting anything about metalworking about the same as throwing trash out your car window. As I see it you have no morals.

Dan