DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DRO Scale testing (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/356825-dro-scale-testing.html)

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 24th 13 11:37 PM

DRO Scale testing

I got a replacement readout for the defective one I have. I had
replaced the power supply in that Uniq (Sino) 2-axis display to no
avail. The DRO is not counting and I wonder about the wiring. There
are DB-9 connectors on these TTL scales and I don't know if they are
wired to a standard. The Chinglish manuals are just no help at all they
show 4 different pin-out diagrams with no explanation. Will I damage
them by miswiring them? Are both scales defective? How do I test them
without an oscilloscope? Or, even with one? My BP is cursed lately and
it's getting a LOT of hours.

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] May 24th 13 11:44 PM

DRO Scale testing

Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks fired this volley in
:

There
are DB-9 connectors on these TTL scales and I don't know if they are
wired to a standard. The Chinglish manuals are just no help at all

they
show 4 different pin-out diagrams with no explanation. Will I damage
them by miswiring them? Are both scales defective? How do I test them
without an oscilloscope? Or, even with one?

No telling, Tom. The best thing to do is find someone in one of the
'real' machining fora that has the same equipment and has repaired or
analyzed it.

Who'd you get them from? Often, the vendor will have some 'hidden'
documentation.

Lloyd

Karl Townsend May 24th 13 11:49 PM

DRO Scale testing

On Fri, 24 May 2013 18:37:53 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

I got a replacement readout for the defective one I have. I had
replaced the power supply in that Uniq (Sino) 2-axis display to no
avail. The DRO is not counting and I wonder about the wiring. There
are DB-9 connectors on these TTL scales and I don't know if they are
wired to a standard. The Chinglish manuals are just no help at all they
show 4 different pin-out diagrams with no explanation. Will I damage
them by miswiring them? Are both scales defective? How do I test them
without an oscilloscope? Or, even with one? My BP is cursed lately and
it's getting a LOT of hours.

I've got similar problems. My solution, offer a home cooked Angus
steak on the grill and apple pie to Don Foreman. Looks like we have to
do some gunsmoke too. Don will be out this coming Thursday with his
lady, Vicky.

Karl

Phil Kangas[_4_] May 25th 13 12:18 AM

DRO Scale testing

"Karl Townsend"
wrote in message On Fri, 24 May 2013
18:37:53 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

Wasn't it Don who got a pacemaker and was
attempting to
come up with a way to TIG aluminum? He was
concerned
with the high freq making trouble.. wonder how it
worked out.
phil

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] May 25th 13 12:50 AM

DRO Scale testing

"Phil Kangas" fired this volley in news:knos7k
:

Wasn't it Don who got a pacemaker and was
attempting to
come up with a way to TIG aluminum? He was
concerned
with the high freq making trouble.. wonder how it
worked out.
phil

He's doing "weld" since the experiment.
Lloyd

RogerN May 25th 13 03:11 AM

DRO Scale testing

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

I got a replacement readout for the defective one I have. I had replaced
the power supply in that Uniq (Sino) 2-axis display to no avail. The DRO
is not counting and I wonder about the wiring. There are DB-9 connectors
on these TTL scales and I don't know if they are wired to a standard. The
Chinglish manuals are just no help at all they show 4 different pin-out
diagrams with no explanation. Will I damage them by miswiring them? Are
both scales defective? How do I test them without an oscilloscope? Or,
even with one? My BP is cursed lately and it's getting a LOT of hours.

You need to figure out what wires the power goes to. Newall used to have
info on their website for using their scales on other readouts, that might
help in seeing what the DB-9 connector fits. So you should have a ground,
+5V, A, B, & Z (index). A and B should be quadrature square waves, that
means, going in one direction, A goes ON, then B goes ON, then A goes OFF,
then B goes OFF, and reverses that sequence in the other direction. The Z
Index pulse comes on 1 pulse per revolution on rotary encoders and it's up
to the manufacturer on linear scales, I don't know if they have a standard.

I figured out an encoder once without a pinout. Internally there will be a
LED or two powered from the 5V, they will have current limiting resistors.
So it ohms out like a diode with around 2V drop in series with current
limiting resistors. If you use a 5V power supply in series with a 4.7k ohm
resistor, it will limit the current to a little over 1 milliamp. So when
you hit the negative and positive lead on the right pins it should drop 2-3V
across the resistor and you'll have 2-3V across the scale pins. That's
because with 1ma, the LED's will start conducting around 2V and the rest of
the voltage will drop between your 4.7K Ohm resistor and the internal
current limiting resistor. The 1ma limit should prevent burning up anything
if you hit the wrong pins. To be safe, you could try a higher ohm resistor,
just remember the right connection for the power should start drawing power
around 2V. There could be electronics inside that also draws some power
like the TTL drivers but most of the power should be to the LED's, probably
40-50 ma for the LED's and maybe 2 ma for the other electronics.

RogerN

Michael A. Terrell May 25th 13 03:43 AM

DRO Scale testing

Karl Townsend wrote:

[...]

Would you tell Don I said 'Hello'? I really miss his contributions
to the group, and his wit. :)

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 25th 13 04:11 AM

DRO Scale testing

Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks fired this volley in
:

There
are DB-9 connectors on these TTL scales and I don't know if they are
wired to a standard. The Chinglish manuals are just no help at all

they
show 4 different pin-out diagrams with no explanation. Will I damage
them by miswiring them? Are both scales defective? How do I test them
without an oscilloscope? Or, even with one?

No telling, Tom. The best thing to do is find someone in one of the
'real' machining fora that has the same equipment and has repaired or
analyzed it.

Who'd you get them from? Often, the vendor will have some 'hidden'
documentation.

Lloyd

Bought directly from the factory in China for $71 + $48 shipping FedEx.
They communicate in Chinglish, but I'll try to explain it to them,
maybe buy a couple of their scales.

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 25th 13 04:12 AM

DRO Scale testing

On 5/24/2013 6:49 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
[...]

Say hi, let me know if you solve it.

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 25th 13 04:35 AM

DRO Scale testing

On 5/24/2013 10:11 PM, RogerN wrote:
[...]

I DO know the scales' wiring. 1-NC, 2-BLK(0 VOLTS), 3-NUL, 4-NUL,
5-NUL, 6-A, 7-+5VOLTS,8-B, 9-Z (Zero), and that matches the old Uniq
DRO/Scales book TTL output DB-9. And, it matches one diagram in the
new DRO book labeled: Nine core bnc connector jack and sense organ
connect table". BUT...there are two more diagrams. One labeled
"Optical linear scale signal connector" and "The connector". Each
diagram has different placements of the wires. So, I don't really know
what the box is wired for and I think I'm pretty good in Chinglish. I
also don't know if the scales were damaged when the read-out box died.

So, knowing the wiring on the scales, I do I test them?

RogerN May 25th 13 04:50 AM

DRO Scale testing

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

On 5/24/2013 10:11 PM, RogerN wrote:

snip power
[...]

You need to look at pins A and B with either voltmeters, oscilloscope, logic
probe, LED's, or what do you have?

If it were me I'd probably wire them to a microcontroller or my CNC
interface board. I have 2 encoders connected to the new CNC controller I've
been working on.

RogerN

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 25th 13 05:36 AM

DRO Scale testing

On 5/24/2013 11:50 PM, RogerN wrote:
[...]

If I apply +5 and ground what should I see on the signal lines (A, B)?
Would it be while moving the scale? I only have a good DVM but should
be able to get my hands on a scope.

RogerN May 25th 13 05:57 AM

DRO Scale testing

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

snip

If it were me I'd probably wire them to a microcontroller or my CNC
interface board. I have 2 encoders connected to the new CNC controller
I've
been working on.

RogerN

If I apply +5 and ground what should I see on the signal lines (A, B)?
Would it be while moving the scale? I only have a good DVM but should be
able to get my hands on a scope.

On A and B you'll see either an OFF voltage, (2V) or an ON (around 5V).
When you move the scale, A will go ON and OFF, B does the same thing but
it's 90 degrees out of phase. When A first goes ON, B will be ON if it's
going one way, B will be OFF if it's going the other way. So on typical 10
micron scales starting when A first comes ON, move 10um (Micro Meter), B ON,
move 10um, A OFF, move 10um, B OFF.

RogerN

Wild_Bill May 25th 13 12:48 PM

DRO Scale testing

For the price, ya got your money's worth. When buying something cheap, it's
often worthwhile to buy more than one.

There isn't a single standard for scale connectors, there are some scales
manufactured which are intended to be a plug-in direct replacement for a
popular connector used among various DRO scale manufacturers.. but many
scale makers offer adapter cables and/or modules to rearrange signals or
modify signals to match those of a specific DRO readout unit.

Examining some online info regarding the operation of TTL encoders will
explain the simplicity of their function. Troubleshooting can be performed
with basic instruments, but actual testing will require a known good DRO
readout unit.

Aside from the replace-more-assemblies-roulette-game, repair isn't likely.
If you're not experienced at repairing electronic gear with surface mount
technology, you're essentially limited to checking cable conductor
continuity and seeing if any signal activity can be detected on the signal
lines.. the rest is basically throw-away low quality crap, no documentation
junk, intended to create more landfills on a global scale.
But I'm sure the marketing pictures were impressive.

If the internal connections are marked, connecting a known good encoder,
even a rotary, will show if the DRO readout unit can count up/down.

--
WB

RogerN May 25th 13 08:53 PM

DRO Scale testing

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

On 5/24/2013 11:50 PM, RogerN wrote:

snip
If it were me I'd probably wire them to a microcontroller or my CNC
interface board. I have 2 encoders connected to the new CNC controller
I've
been working on.

RogerN

If I apply +5 and ground what should I see on the signal lines (A, B)?
Would it be while moving the scale? I only have a good DVM but should be
able to get my hands on a scope.

Not knowing what you have available it's hard for me to suggest an easy way
to test it, the voltmeter is fine. If you can put one lead on A and the
other lead on B, it will read close to 0V when both A and B are the same,
~-5V when one is high and the other low and ~+5V the + lead is high and
the - lead is low. Other way is if you had a couple of TTL inputs on a PLC
card. Radio Shack sells the Arduino microcontrollers for around $35, you
can connect to your scales, run a program and read the state of A & B on the
PC screen.

RogerN

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 25th 13 11:54 PM

DRO Scale testing

On 5/25/2013 12:57 AM, RogerN wrote:
[...]

Thanks, simple enough for even me to do! What would damage the scales
and would they be repairable or just replace?

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 26th 13 12:01 AM

DRO Scale testing

On 5/25/2013 7:48 AM, Wild_Bill wrote:
[...]

I usually agree on buying quality. Had we known that this mill would
get the amount of use it does and how valuable a DRO would be, and what
brands and vendors to use...

What brands would YOU recommend?

RogerN May 26th 13 12:58 AM

DRO Scale testing

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

On 5/25/2013 12:57 AM, RogerN wrote:

snip

On A and B you'll see either an OFF voltage, (2V) or an ON (around 5V).
When you move the scale, A will go ON and OFF, B does the same thing but
it's 90 degrees out of phase. When A first goes ON, B will be ON if it's
going one way, B will be OFF if it's going the other way. So on typical
10
micron scales starting when A first comes ON, move 10um (Micro Meter), B
ON,
move 10um, A OFF, move 10um, B OFF.

RogerN

Thanks, simple enough for even me to do! What would damage the scales and
would they be repairable or just replace?

Where I used to work, I repaired a few DRO scales, where the reader head
slides through the rubber seals, it wore through some wires. They were
awfully small wires and soaked with oil but I managed to repair them with by
re-soldering. If you get one channel with a reading and not the other,
that's probably the one with a broken wire.

RogerN

Gunner Asch[_6_] May 26th 13 02:57 AM

DRO Scale testing

On Sat, 25 May 2013 19:01:52 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

[...]

Sony, Mits, Newall or Heiderlein, AcuRite

No particular order.

Gunner

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
Raid® to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."

PrecisionmachinisT May 26th 13 06:32 AM

DRO Scale testing

. 3.70...
Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks fired this volley in
:

There
are DB-9 connectors on these TTL scales and I don't know if they are
wired to a standard. The Chinglish manuals are just no help at all

they
show 4 different pin-out diagrams with no explanation. Will I damage
them by miswiring them? Are both scales defective? How do I test them
without an oscilloscope? Or, even with one?

No telling, Tom. The best thing to do is find someone in one of the
'real' machining fora that has the same equipment and has repaired or
analyzed it.

Who'd you get them from? Often, the vendor will have some 'hidden'
documentation.

Lloyd

Actually, it's very easy to figure out and I'd happily help him if he wasn't
such a ****ing ass.

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 26th 13 06:46 AM

DRO Scale testing

On 5/25/2013 7:58 PM, RogerN wrote:
[...]

We'll see Tuesday or so.

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 26th 13 06:48 AM

DRO Scale testing

On 5/25/2013 9:57 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

If I can't get this up and running---I can't live without one.

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 26th 13 07:01 AM

DRO Scale testing

. 3.70...

Nobody here would **** on you if you were on fire. Don't pretend you
know jack ****, you have to Google how to wipe your ass! Stupid ****!

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 26th 13 07:06 AM

DRO Scale testing

On 5/26/2013 2:01 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

I take it back, I WOULD **** on you if you were on fire...or even if you
weren't.

Gunner Asch[_6_] May 26th 13 11:36 AM

DRO Scale testing

On Sun, 26 May 2013 01:48:44 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

[...]

How about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAGOR-INNOVA...-/120799249910

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Axis-Milli...-/300908124372

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Newall-D...-/330443526335

You do know you can buy readers, scales and cables as seperate devices
often times cheaper than you can buy a complete package..right? A
buddy of mine has BIG machines..bought a new 10 FOOT scale for $500
for his horizontal machining center with Heidenhain DRO 3 axis.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...oyo+dro&_rdc=1

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...= 0&_from=R40

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...heidenhain+dro

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...oyo+dro&_rdc=1

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...m+dro&_sacat=0

Now I know a couple shops that have purchased Jenix and have gotten
good service out of them so far with no issues noted

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...x+dro&_sacat=0

BTW......Found this...how much do yall think it is going to sell for?
Cute little *******!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-1980-ST...E/310344258009

Gunner Asch[_6_] May 26th 13 12:22 PM

DRO Scale testing

On Sun, 26 May 2013 03:36:41 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

What brands would YOU recommend?

Sony, Mits, Newall or Heiderlein, AcuRite

No particular order.

Gunner

If I can't get this up and running---I can't live without one.

Btw....its almost Christmas and Id love to put a DRO on my new
Clausing Colchester

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02/NewClausing

These folks make a very inexpensive DRO on sale that would be a great
stocking stuffer for me if you want to buy me one G

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINPO-Digita...-/251276965981

Wild_Bill May 26th 13 12:51 PM

DRO Scale testing

Check in catalogs/websites for MSC, Enco, etc.. not Harbor Freight, Grizzly
or mini-mill/hobbiest sites (not for a machine used for production/income).
Brand names that have product support, repair facilities and documentation.

Compare the brand name unit new prices to pieces which can be found on eBag
or surplus sellers.
A number of years ago, maybe 8, there were numerous DRO manufacturers'
websites showing a lot of technical info and brand name cross-reference
compatibility, but I dunno about now.

Or, just buy more Chinese units. Put the defective stuff on eBag and see
what it will bring, maybe a good portion of the new Chinese unit.
Then in let's say, 2 to 18 months, repeat.

Maybe your priority is spending any spare time demeaning others on usenet,
instead of doing some research for your company's production.

Larry Jaques[_4_] May 26th 13 02:55 PM

DRO Scale testing

wrote:

BTW......Found this...how much do yall think it is going to sell for?
Cute little *******!

Ugly li'l bitch, y'mean? They sure did their damnedest to hide the
tooling and accessories in the pics, didn't they? Foos.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-1980-ST...E/310344258009

$8-900?

--
They must find it difficult,
those who have taken authority as truth,

Joe gwinn May 26th 13 04:54 PM

DRO Scale testing

In article , Gunner Asch
wrote:

[...]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAGOR-INNOVA...T-MILL-NEW-PRO
KIT-DIGITAL-READOUT-/120799249910

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Axis-Milli...RO-6-Yr-Wty-Ve
teran-owned-USA-company-/300908124372

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Newall-D...O-For-Milling-
/330443526335

You do know you can buy readers, scales and cables as seperate devices
often times cheaper than you can buy a complete package..right? A
buddy of mine has BIG machines..bought a new 10 FOOT scale for $500
for his horizontal machining center with Heidenhain DRO 3 axis.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...o&_nkwus c=mi
titoyo+dro&_rdc=1

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...&_sacat= 0&_f
rom=R40

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...heidenhain+dro

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...o&_nkwus c=mi
titoyo+dro&_rdc=1

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...0&_trksi d=m5
70.l1313&_nkw=anilam+dro&_sacat=0

Now I know a couple shops that have purchased Jenix and have gotten
good service out of them so far with no issues noted

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...0&_trksi d=m5
70.l1313&_nkw=jenix+dro&_sacat=0

I put a Jenix DRO on my Millrite MVI, and it works just fine.

Joe Gwinn

RogerN May 26th 13 05:27 PM

DRO Scale testing

Interesting do it yourself DRO reader using arduino.

http://www.yuriystoys.com/2012/09/do...duino-and.html

RogerN

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 27th 13 06:42 AM

DRO Scale testing

On 5/26/2013 6:36 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Yep, I look at them all. If I have to replace the scales, I hope the
mounts are the same because I did a PERFECT job of installation!

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 27th 13 06:43 AM

DRO Scale testing

wrote:

What brands would YOU recommend?

Sony, Mits, Newall or Heiderlein, AcuRite

No particular order.

Gunner

If I can't get this up and running---I can't live without one.

Btw....its almost Christmas and Id love to put a DRO on my new
Clausing Colchester

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02/NewClausing

These folks make a very inexpensive DRO on sale that would be a great
stocking stuffer for me if you want to buy me one G

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINPO-Digita...-/251276965981

Sinpo makes a bunch of different brands including my old Uniq unit and
my scales.

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 27th 13 07:07 AM

DRO Scale testing

On 5/26/2013 7:51 AM, Wild_Bill wrote:
Check in catalogs/websites for MSC, Enco, etc.. not Harbor Freight,
Grizzly or mini-mill/hobbiest sites (not for a machine used for
production/income).
Brand names that have product support, repair facilities and documentation.

Compare the brand name unit new prices to pieces which can be found on
eBag or surplus sellers.
A number of years ago, maybe 8, there were numerous DRO manufacturers'
websites showing a lot of technical info and brand name cross-reference
compatibility, but I dunno about now.

Or, just buy more Chinese units. Put the defective stuff on eBag and see
what it will bring, maybe a good portion of the new Chinese unit.
Then in let's say, 2 to 18 months, repeat.

Maybe your priority is spending any spare time demeaning others on
usenet, instead of doing some research for your company's production.

This was the first DRO I ever had and the mill wasn't used a lot. But
with a brand new BP and a DRO our capabilities grew and more complex
design were possible and done a LOT faster. It was just getting our
feet wet on the cheap. Just like a guy just starting to get interested
photography doesn't buy a Leica or he's a fool. Now, I would buy a top
brand at the local supplier if the scales are bad as well as the
readout. I can't complain about the Uniq, it worked perfect for 5 years
up until there was a power outage that took out electronics all over the
complex we are in. I had three computers, two light fixtures and a
refrigerator crap out in the building, as well as the DRO.

I don't demean people on usenet, I never originate OT posts, I only
respond to and make fun of outrageous statements and respond in kind to
how I'm written to. Sorry if you feel offended.

Wild_Bill May 28th 13 01:45 PM

DRO Scale testing

Not to worry about me being offended, I don't give a FRA about it.. but you
do participate regularly in the pathetic ****ing contest, name calling and
demeaning habits of gummer and others (apparently just for the fun? of it),
so don't bother to attempt to suggest you don't.

Were readers of your post suppose to imagine that the DRO was damaged by a
destructive power line surge?
That's essentially the same type of damage incurred with lightning damage
and likely not going to be restored to dependable/reliable operation.
So use the insurance money for a better quality DRO.

Or maybe you were anticipating an insurance payment plus a simple fix..
which kinda smells like fraud.

You never originate OT posts.. well, not lately anyway.
So many dumbasses seem to forget that I've been reading RCM attentively for
over a decade.

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 29th 13 12:35 AM

DRO Scale testing

On 5/28/2013 8:45 AM, Wild_Bill wrote:
[...]

Gunner is a very good friend and our relationship has nothing to do with
RCM and is far from the scope of usenet. His *real* life is far, far
from what's presented on newsgroups, I can't believe people buy in to
the novella! People don't have a clue! Those few of us that know, just
shake our heads and chuckle at his antics and outrageous musing. And
yes, I do have fun on posts that I don't originate. It's very easy to
get immature people with shallow belief systems to make fools of
themselves...for my entertainment and maybe Gunner's. Does ANYBODY take
this **** seriously?

Thanks for the advice on my real-life DRO issue! It's really a tiny
matter what ever I do with it, replacing it with a top-end unit with a
phone call and an on-site technician in an hour is just a matter of
doing what's necessary for production. However, it's fun and
challenging to play with some interesting toy and see what I can do with
it on my own. It's ALL a game and doing it cheap earns more points.

I would NEVER think of filing a claim for anything less than a tens of
$k, that isn't what insurance is for nor how it works; premiums would
skyrocket. Fraud is not in my vocabulary nor in my philosophy, never
was - never will be.

Gunner Asch[_6_] June 1st 13 10:37 PM

DRO Scale testing

On Tue, 28 May 2013 19:35:15 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

[...]

VBG...shussss...you will bust the magic!

Thanks for the advice on my real-life DRO issue! It's really a tiny
matter what ever I do with it, replacing it with a top-end unit with a
phone call and an on-site technician in an hour is just a matter of
doing what's necessary for production. However, it's fun and
challenging to play with some interesting toy and see what I can do with
it on my own. It's ALL a game and doing it cheap earns more points.

I would NEVER think of filing a claim for anything less than a tens of
$k, that isn't what insurance is for nor how it works; premiums would
skyrocket. Fraud is not in my vocabulary nor in my philosophy, never
was - never will be.

Of course it isnt. You are a Conservative Democrat...not a grasping
self centered mentally ill Leftwinger.

Tom Gardner[_6_] June 2nd 13 01:11 AM

DRO Scale testing

On 6/1/2013 5:37 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

You are a Conservative Democrat...not a grasping
self centered mentally ill Leftwinger.

Yes! There IS a huge difference; not all Democrats are rabid, senseless
lemmings of the current administration and the lapdog MSM.
(which gives a bad name to lapdogs everywhere)

Gunner Asch[_6_] June 2nd 13 06:35 AM

DRO Scale testing

On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 20:11:49 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 6/1/2013 5:37 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

You are a Conservative Democrat...not a grasping
self centered mentally ill Leftwinger.

Yes! There IS a huge difference; not all Democrats are rabid, senseless
lemmings of the current administration and the lapdog MSM.
(which gives a bad name to lapdogs everywhere)

The Lefties simply cannot believe that I too am a registered Democrat.

They are so mentally askew that they assume that everyone on their
side of the asle votes like they do. Which is far far from the truth.

Gunner

Karl Townsend June 2nd 13 10:15 PM

DRO Scale testing

On Fri, 24 May 2013 23:12:10 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

[...]

Don and his lady were out Thursday. he used his scope and fixed my
scale up like new.

We did a bit of gunsmoke, then had a fine meal of steak on the grill,
fresh asparagus, the first brocolli salad of the year out of Julie's
high tunnel greenhouse, and fine cherry cobbler made by Vicky. She
also brought a fine bottle of Reisling. All in all a very fine
evening.

Karl

Phil Kangas[_4_] June 2nd 13 11:39 PM

DRO Scale testing

Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

[...]

I'd still like to know how Don handled that
pacemaker problem
while welding aluminum...