Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FOR WHY ?!?

For why you not tell me?

This 1144 stuff is awesome. It machines easier than aluminum. Darn close
to as easy as cast iron. And its pretty strong too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:04:13 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
For why you not tell me?

This 1144 stuff is awesome. It machines easier than aluminum. Darn close

to as easy as cast iron. And its pretty strong too.

Stress-Proof is Awesome! stuff.
You fell less stress just working with it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Cross-Slide fired this volley in
:

On Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:04:13 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
For why you not tell me?

This 1144 stuff is awesome. It machines easier than aluminum. Darn
close

to as easy as cast iron. And its pretty strong too.

Stress-Proof is Awesome! stuff.
You fell less stress just working with it.

You workin' with rod or plate? I can't find it (and don't even know if
it's available) in plate or ground plate.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, March 18, 2013 1:19:27 PM UTC-5, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Cross-Slide fired this volley in

:

On Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:04:13 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:

For why you not tell me?

This 1144 stuff is awesome. It machines easier than aluminum. Darn

close

to as easy as cast iron. And its pretty strong too.

Stress-Proof is Awesome! stuff.

You fell less stress just working with it.

You workin' with rod or plate? I can't find it (and don't even know if

it's available) in plate or ground plate.

LLoyd

I never heard of it other than rod.
Plates would be better than sliced bread...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Cross-Slide fired this volley in news:2a2b9a49-396f-
:

I never heard of it other than rod.
Plates would be better than sliced bread...

That's why I asked! G

I've never heard of it in any other form, either.

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
Cross-Slide fired this volley in news:2a2b9a49-396f-
:

I never heard of it other than rod.
Plates would be better than sliced bread...

That's why I asked! G

I've never heard of it in any other form, either.

Lloyd

I looked for plate also. Didn't find any. All I found was rod.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message ...
. 3.70...
Cross-Slide fired this volley in news:2a2b9a49-396f-
:

I never heard of it other than rod.
Plates would be better than sliced bread...

That's why I asked! G

I've never heard of it in any other form, either.

Lloyd

I looked for plate also. Didn't find any. All I found was rod.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ma...ls-d_1450.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Simple google search :

http://www.specialsteel-jy.com/AISI_1144.html

Plate - look at the blue AISI... specs and chemical.

Plate to 1.5" more or less.

many other istes have this steel.

Not very hard, but 3x that of A36 Hot rolled steel.

Martin

On 3/18/2013 1:59 PM, Cross-Slide wrote:
On Monday, March 18, 2013 1:19:27 PM UTC-5, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Cross-Slide fired this volley in

:

On Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:04:13 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:

For why you not tell me?

This 1144 stuff is awesome. It machines easier than aluminum. Darn

close

to as easy as cast iron. And its pretty strong too.

Stress-Proof is Awesome! stuff.

You fell less stress just working with it.

You workin' with rod or plate? I can't find it (and don't even know if

it's available) in plate or ground plate.

LLoyd

I never heard of it other than rod.
Plates would be better than sliced bread...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
Simple google search :

http://www.specialsteel-jy.com/AISI_1144.html

Plate - look at the blue AISI... specs and chemical.

Plate to 1.5" more or less.

many other istes have this steel.

Not very hard, but 3x that of A36 Hot rolled steel.

Martin

I did find a few outfits like that who were basically call for quote for
"1144esque" metals, but none were a little guy like me can just buy pieces.
Most were in China so I just assume container loads only. I'ld have to make
an awfully lot of parts to afford that at any price.