Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stages of a proposal

I went to one of my regular, but occasional customers, last week. They have
a CNC machine, the fluid cooler isn't working properly. The stages of the
proposal seem to be:

Shop guy calls me out, and wants the machine fixed, do whatever you want.
I make a workable solution, based on compressor that I know I can get.
Shop guy wants me to check, and see if I can stay close to original design.
I do some research, and try to find compressor. Not available. I knew that,
before I made any calls.
I return to the shop to take some measurements, and get the numbers off the
old one.
Shop guy happy to see me. Says they will have their electrician rewire the
unit, replace the contactor, and see if that gets things going. (I sense
that my big job just turned into being second fiddle to their electrician.
Their management wants the machine fixed, but as cheaply as possible.)
I make a bunch of calls, and find out that with the numbers I got, still
can't cross reference for parts.
Shop guy says they want to keep it as original as possible, and try to get
compressor that will fit into the existing compartment. I'm not sure that is
possible.

I think the next step is for them to call back, the electrician rewired it
all, the old compressor runs, and they don't need me any more. They will
offer me twenty bucks for gas.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

New Roof in Stages [email protected] UK diy 17 February 28th 13 12:52 PM
grouting in stages sm_jamieson UK diy 7 October 31st 12 08:50 PM
Installing a WB 28i boiler in two stages? PJ UK diy 10 December 14th 08 01:27 PM
Plastering Stages Glenn Clark UK diy 3 February 20th 06 12:17 PM
pouring trench foundations in stages [email protected] UK diy 12 September 22nd 05 08:49 PM