DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Metalworking, Any AR receivers CAD models available for download? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/352571-metalworking-any-ar-receivers-cad-models-available-download.html)

RogerN February 2nd 13 11:41 AM

Metalworking, Any AR receivers CAD models available for download?

I was looking for AR 15 receivers to buy but I haven't found any available,
for some strange reason so called "assault rifles" and parts have been
selling out everywhere.

Anyone know where to download CAD models of AR (or other gun) receivers and
other gun parts?
I did a Google search and I keep finding mentions but nothing has produced a
CAD model yet.

RogerN

Ignoramus4463 February 2nd 13 02:16 PM

On 2013-02-02, RogerN wrote:
I was looking for AR 15 receivers to buy but I haven't found any available,
for some strange reason so called "assault rifles" and parts have been
selling out everywhere.

Anyone know where to download CAD models of AR (or other gun) receivers and
other gun parts?
I did a Google search and I keep finding mentions but nothing has produced a
CAD model yet.

Let me know if you find one. Also I wonder how interchangeable they
actually are.

Look at cncguns.com

RogerN February 2nd 13 03:15 PM

On 2013-02-02, RogerN wrote:
I was looking for AR 15 receivers to buy but I haven't found any
available,
for some strange reason so called "assault rifles" and parts have been
selling out everywhere.

Anyone know where to download CAD models of AR (or other gun) receivers
and
other gun parts?
I did a Google search and I keep finding mentions but nothing has
produced a
CAD model yet.

Let me know if you find one. Also I wonder how interchangeable they
actually are.

Found
www.ar15.com/content/manuals/ar15cadfiles.zip

AK
http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK/docs/templates.htm

RogerN

[email protected] February 2nd 13 03:15 PM

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 05:41:22 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

I was looking for AR 15 receivers to buy but I haven't found any available,
for some strange reason so called "assault rifles" and parts have been
selling out everywhere.

Anyone know where to download CAD models of AR (or other gun) receivers and
other gun parts?
I did a Google search and I keep finding mentions but nothing has produced a
CAD model yet.

RogerN

Not sure this is what your are looking for.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/cad/

Just finished making 90 lower receivers at work.
Will be making 500 more very soon.

RogerN February 2nd 13 03:31 PM

wrote in message ...

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 05:41:22 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

I was looking for AR 15 receivers to buy but I haven't found any
available,
for some strange reason so called "assault rifles" and parts have been
selling out everywhere.

Anyone know where to download CAD models of AR (or other gun) receivers
and
other gun parts?
I did a Google search and I keep finding mentions but nothing has produced
CAD model yet.

RogerN

Not sure this is what your are looking for.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/cad/

Just finished making 90 lower receivers at work.
Will be making 500 more very soon.

Got any for sale? I haven't had any luck finding any in stock anywhere.

RogerN

Stormin Mormon[_7_] February 2nd 13 04:13 PM

Metalworking, Any AR receivers CAD models available for download?

I thought the Fed wanted to reduce the number
of weapons designed only to kill large number
of people, on the streets? And, you're making
MORE of them? 500 more!

MASH series Frank Burns were here, he'd ask:
"Don't you mindlessly do every thing Our Nation's
Leader says? Isn't it patriotic to obey, unquestion-
ingly? How can we be free, if we all do things
that we're not told to do?"

If RCM's Christopher Young were here, he'd say
"Can't keep good Americans down."

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

[email protected] February 2nd 13 09:21 PM

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 09:31:55 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

wrote in message ...

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 05:41:22 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

I was looking for AR 15 receivers to buy but I haven't found any
available,
for some strange reason so called "assault rifles" and parts have been
selling out everywhere.

Anyone know where to download CAD models of AR (or other gun) receivers
and
other gun parts?
I did a Google search and I keep finding mentions but nothing has produced
CAD model yet.

RogerN

Not sure this is what your are looking for.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/cad/

Just finished making 90 lower receivers at work.
Will be making 500 more very soon.

Got any for sale? I haven't had any luck finding any in stock anywhere.

RogerN

As far as I know they are all spoken for.
The biggest customers are police personnel, assistant DA's and a
couple of local pawn shops that assemble the AR15's to sell.

Here is a like to one of the pawn shops
http://cashinaflashpawnshop.com

jon_banquer[_2_] February 2nd 13 11:34 PM

On Feb 2, 3:41*am, "RogerN" wrote:
I was looking for AR 15 receivers to buy but I haven't found any available,
for some strange reason so called "assault rifles" and parts have been
selling out everywhere.

Anyone know where to download CAD models of AR (or other gun) receivers and
other gun parts?
I did a Google search and I keep finding mentions but nothing has produced a
CAD model yet.

RogerN

I guess you have never heard of GRABCAD?

http://grabcad.com/library?per_page=20&query=ar15

RogerN February 3rd 13 12:24 AM

"Pete C." wrote in message ...

RogerN wrote:

I was looking for AR 15 receivers to buy but I haven't found any
available,
for some strange reason so called "assault rifles" and parts have been
selling out everywhere.

Anyone know where to download CAD models of AR (or other gun) receivers
and
other gun parts?
I did a Google search and I keep finding mentions but nothing has
produced a
CAD model yet.

RogerN

cncguns.com

The searches lead me to cncguns.com but it doesn't seem to work right now.

RogerN

Karl Townsend February 3rd 13 07:41 AM

Metalworking, Any AR receivers CAD models available for download?

email me, I have one choose .igs,.mc4,.dwg
karltownsnedATembarqmail.com

If you're making a few (100), I'd suggest a 0% forging. dsarms.com
has them for like $26 if they didn't raise prices in the recent
panick. There are many other sources. I just did a group buy on
1919A4.com

There are many tutorials on building the forging out there. Some of
the best on weaponsguild.com a guy there sells a holding fixture for
the forging.

Karl

Bob La Londe[_7_] February 3rd 13 09:31 PM

Metalworking, Any AR receivers CAD models available for download?

Do a search on this group. I posted a link to CAD files a while back. I
don't know if the site is still up, but its out there.

m...

RogerN February 4th 13 04:50 AM

Metalworking, Any AR receivers CAD models available for download?

Been looking at the 80% finished receivers, some of them only need some
milling in the center at the trigger group, looks simple enough. A pocket
at 1.249" deep, .690" wide and connected to another pocket at .630' deep.
Also have to machine a .312 wide slot at the bottom of the 1.249" deep slot
for the trigger to go through. Seems the most time consuming part is
finding one available!

So you buy a parts kit minus lower, an unfinished receiver, and you can have
a working "Assault Rifle" with an hour or two machining plus assembly time
for maybe $500 or so.

RogerN

Pete C. February 4th 13 11:13 AM

RogerN wrote:

Been looking at the 80% finished receivers, some of them only need some
milling in the center at the trigger group, looks simple enough. A pocket
at 1.249" deep, .690" wide and connected to another pocket at .630' deep.
Also have to machine a .312 wide slot at the bottom of the 1.249" deep slot
for the trigger to go through. Seems the most time consuming part is
finding one available!

So you buy a parts kit minus lower, an unfinished receiver, and you can have
a working "Assault Rifle" with an hour or two machining plus assembly time
for maybe $500 or so.

RogerN

Don't forget anodizing, time to fabricate (or cost to buy) fixture
plates, tooling, etc. I prefer the 30% forgings from Tactical Machining,
more to do = more fun, but still a proper broached magwell. Takes a full
day to machine one (carefully, setup time, etc.), and a half day to
anodize. Not sure on costs due to the scarcity of any parts at the
moment.

Steve W.[_4_] February 4th 13 01:56 PM

RogerN wrote:
Been looking at the 80% finished receivers, some of them only need some
milling in the center at the trigger group, looks simple enough. A pocket
at 1.249" deep, .690" wide and connected to another pocket at .630' deep.
Also have to machine a .312 wide slot at the bottom of the 1.249" deep slot
for the trigger to go through. Seems the most time consuming part is
finding one available!

So you buy a parts kit minus lower, an unfinished receiver, and you can have
a working "Assault Rifle" with an hour or two machining plus assembly time
for maybe $500 or so.

RogerN

You won't have an "Assault Rifle" unless you also do some other creative
machining to make it selective fire.
Not hard to do if you can find the proper pieces.

--
Steve W.

Gunner[_7_] February 4th 13 04:10 PM

On Sun, 3 Feb 2013 22:50:17 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

Been looking at the 80% finished receivers, some of them only need some
milling in the center at the trigger group, looks simple enough. A pocket
at 1.249" deep, .690" wide and connected to another pocket at .630' deep.
Also have to machine a .312 wide slot at the bottom of the 1.249" deep slot
for the trigger to go through. Seems the most time consuming part is
finding one available!

So you buy a parts kit minus lower, an unfinished receiver, and you can have
a working "Assault Rifle" with an hour or two machining plus assembly time
for maybe $500 or so.

RogerN

Pretty much.

However....those parts kits are "out of stock" all across this great
land.

The general estimate is that there have been some 9 MILLION ARs sold
in 2012...and probably 50% more sold as kits.

The US has the largest private military in the world, by several
orders of magnitude.

And if they decide to take out Enemies, foreign and domestic....there
is no one, nothing..that can stop them. Period.

1. Lie

Pete C. February 4th 13 09:12 PM

"Steve W." wrote:

RogerN wrote:
Been looking at the 80% finished receivers, some of them only need some
milling in the center at the trigger group, looks simple enough. A pocket
at 1.249" deep, .690" wide and connected to another pocket at .630' deep.
Also have to machine a .312 wide slot at the bottom of the 1.249" deep slot
for the trigger to go through. Seems the most time consuming part is
finding one available!

So you buy a parts kit minus lower, an unfinished receiver, and you can have
a working "Assault Rifle" with an hour or two machining plus assembly time
for maybe $500 or so.

RogerN

You won't have an "Assault Rifle" unless you also do some other creative
machining to make it selective fire.
Not hard to do if you can find the proper pieces.

--
Steve W.

Well, it will get you an EBR Evil Black Rifle, or any color you choose
for that matter http://wpnet.us/red_devil_small_right.jpg

Steve W.[_4_] February 4th 13 10:47 PM

Pete C. wrote:
"Steve W." wrote:
RogerN wrote:
[...]

Nope, not an evil rifle to me. Not the prettiest but not evil.

A person with a decent mill and a small lathes can make every part.
Rifling the barrel isn't fun but can be done. OR take a barrel from
something else and do some work to make it fit.

--
Steve W.

[email protected] February 4th 13 11:02 PM

On Monday, February 4, 2013 8:10:22 AM UTC-8, Gunner wrote:
On Sun, 3 Feb 2013 22:50:17 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

The US has the largest private military in the world, by several

orders of magnitude.

And if they decide to take out Enemies, foreign and domestic....there

is no one, nothing..that can stop them. Period.

haha --- wishful thinking!

you underestimate the might of the US Government.

But so did Weaver and Koresh.

I don't care how many buddies with pop guns that shoot really, really fast, you have, your toast if you get nasty with "Big Brother".

One hell'uva dream!

Heck, test it out ... try not paying your taxes for a while and then thumb your nose at the IRS!

good luck with that.

[email protected] February 4th 13 11:12 PM

On Monday, February 4, 2013 2:47:01 PM UTC-8, Steve W. wrote:
Pete C. wrote:

"Steve W." wrote:

RogerN wrote:

[...]

Hey Steve,

Have you ever built a 300 Black Out?

I screwed around and waited too damn long to buy a upper with barrel.

Any all feedback appreciated.

Michael A. Terrell February 5th 13 12:16 AM

"Pete C." wrote:

"Steve W." wrote:

RogerN wrote:
[...]

A local gun shop is using Cerakote on guns.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=523085101043604&set=a.4521212981399 85.106891.131094280242690&type=1&relevant_count=1

Larry Jaques[_4_] February 5th 13 01:51 AM

Metalworking, Any AR receivers CAD models available for download?

On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 19:16:49 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"Pete C." wrote:

"Steve W." wrote:

RogerN wrote:
[...]

It's nice of you to share a photo of your little gun with us, sweetie.
titter

--
Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
-- Seneca

Pete C. February 5th 13 02:11 AM

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

"Pete C." wrote:

"Steve W." wrote:

RogerN wrote:
[...]

I'm thinking of trying hydro-dip finishing next. Of course you still
need to anodize anyway to get the surface hardness.

Gunner[_7_] February 5th 13 03:25 AM

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 15:02:14 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Monday, February 4, 2013 8:10:22 AM UTC-8, Gunner wrote:
On Sun, 3 Feb 2013 22:50:17 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

The US has the largest private military in the world, by several

orders of magnitude.

And if they decide to take out Enemies, foreign and domestic....there

is no one, nothing..that can stop them. Period.

haha --- wishful thinking!

you underestimate the might of the US Government.

You seem to have some issues with understanding the difference between
2.75 million government workers and 35 million ****ed off citizens.

Math wasnt your strong point was it?

But so did Weaver and Koresh.

Lets see...Weaver...a total of 5 people kept the FBI and ATF at arms
length for how long again? And the death toll was what again? And
how much money did Weaver get from the Feebs when it was all over?

Now Koresh..how many adults died in that little fiasco and how long
did it keep the government at arms length? Lets see...55
adults..only a few of whom were armed and 28 children against the FBI,
The ATF and Delta Force for how long? 4 dead ATF and 16 wounded ATF
and 6 killed residents in the surprise attack. 50 days wasnt it and
it involved the ultimate use of tanks and fire to take out the
cultiists. And tied up the FBI and ATF for nearly 2 months.
And the fall out from that has still crippled the ATF

Think that would happen again?

VBG

The lesson has been learned and taught widely among the People.

I don't care how many buddies with pop guns that shoot really, really fast, you have, your toast if you get nasty with "Big Brother".

One hell'uva dream!

Heck, test it out ... try not paying your taxes for a while and then thumb your nose at the IRS!

good luck with that.

You seem to forget the words of one of the Founders....

" "We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all
hang separately." Ben Franklin

VBG

What are you Leftwingers going to do to "hang together"?

VBG

Bet you all hang seperately.

VBG

But in really big groups!

VBG

Gunner

1. Lie

[email protected] February 5th 13 04:15 AM

On Monday, February 4, 2013 7:25:41 PM UTC-8, Gunner wrote:
On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 15:02:14 -0800 (PST), wrote:

You seem to have some issues with understanding the difference between

2.75 million government workers and 35 million ****ed off citizens.

Buddy ... you're dreaming.

You and a few of your buds ... that's it.

Okay for grins, say you have 35 mill with some pop guns, what's that to a well armed military?

Haha ---- you're a big dreamer. Keep dreaming!

Lets see...Weaver...a total of 5 people kept the FBI and ATF at arms

length for how long again? And the death toll was what again? And

how much money did Weaver get from the Feebs when it was all over?

Now Koresh..how many adults died in that little fiasco and how long

did it keep the government at arms length? Lets see...55

adults..only a few of whom were armed and 28 children against the FBI,

The ATF and Delta Force for how long? 4 dead ATF and 16 wounded ATF

and 6 killed residents in the surprise attack. 50 days wasnt it and

it involved the ultimate use of tanks and fire to take out the

cultiists. And tied up the FBI and ATF for nearly 2 months.

And the fall out from that has still crippled the ATF

Think that would happen again?

Absolutely ... maybe it takes four months, but what the heck, same out come. Your 35 mil are under "armed", that's my point.

The second got squashed a long time ago.

You seem to forget the words of one of the Founders....

" "We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all

hang separately." Ben Franklin

Old Ben lived in a different time ... you ain't going to get any 35*10^6 guys with pop guns to go against big brother in your life time.

What are you Leftwingers going to do to "hang together"?

Not sure what this conversation has to do with extreme "left" or "right". Totally different issue.

Btw, do you believe what's happening in NY to be Tyranny of any sort?

Michael A. Terrell February 5th 13 06:31 AM

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

A local gun shop is using Cerakote on guns.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=523085101043604&set=a.4521212981399 85.106891.131094280242690&type=1&relevant_count=1

It's nice of you to share a photo of your little gun with us, sweetie.
titter

They were talking about that gun on the local radio station, as a
present for your girlfreind or wife for Valentine's day. I'm sure they
can make one for you. :)

BTW, you need to see a doctor abut that titter problem before
someone mistakes you for an excitable six year old girl. ;-)

Michael A. Terrell February 5th 13 06:35 AM

Pete C. wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

A local gun shop is using Cerakote on guns.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=523085101043604&set=a.4521212981399 85.106891.131094280242690&type=1&relevant_count=1

I'm thinking of trying hydro-dip finishing next. Of course you still
need to anodize anyway to get the surface hardness.

I want to see if they will show me that process. I can think of other
uses for it.

Post photos of your hydro-dip when you do it so we can see the
results.

Gunner[_7_] February 5th 13 07:06 AM

wrote:

You seem to have some issues with understanding the difference between

2.75 million government workers and 35 million ****ed off citizens.

Buddy ... you're dreaming.

You and a few of your buds ... that's it.

Okay for grins, say you have 35 mill with some pop guns, what's that to a well armed military?

About 70:5 odds.

Say..you were a Liberal Arts major..right?

Haha ---- you're a big dreamer. Keep dreaming!

VBG

You are not likely to die well.

Shrug

Lets see...Weaver...a total of 5 people kept the FBI and ATF at arms

length for how long again? And the death toll was what again? And

how much money did Weaver get from the Feebs when it was all over?

Now Koresh..how many adults died in that little fiasco and how long

did it keep the government at arms length? Lets see...55

adults..only a few of whom were armed and 28 children against the FBI,

The ATF and Delta Force for how long? 4 dead ATF and 16 wounded ATF

and 6 killed residents in the surprise attack. 50 days wasnt it and

it involved the ultimate use of tanks and fire to take out the

cultiists. And tied up the FBI and ATF for nearly 2 months.

And the fall out from that has still crippled the ATF

Think that would happen again?

Absolutely ... maybe it takes four months, but what the heck, same out come. Your 35 mil are under "armed", that's my point.

Under armed? How so?

The second got squashed a long time ago.

Think again....VBG

You seem to forget the words of one of the Founders....

" "We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all

hang separately." Ben Franklin

Old Ben lived in a different time ... you ain't going to get any 35*10^6 guys with pop guns to go against big brother in your life time.

Pop guns? The same caliber arms in the hands of ex military are pop
guns, yet in the hands of active duty are "real guns"

So whats your take on the 12 million varmint shooters who shoot bigger
"pop guns" than do the militarys "real guns" ??? And at much longer
ranges?

What are you Leftwingers going to do to "hang together"?

Not sure what this conversation has to do with extreme "left" or "right". Totally different issue.

Oh au contrair...you are just in denial.....Comrade.

Btw, do you believe what's happening in NY to be Tyranny of any sort?

Which part of NY are you referring to? And what's "happening"?

Gunner

1. Lie

[email protected] February 5th 13 10:57 AM

Metalworking, Any AR receivers CAD models available for download?

On Monday, February 4, 2013 11:06:11 PM UTC-8, Gunner wrote:

Under armed? How so?

Pop guns? The same caliber arms in the hands of ex military are pop

guns, yet in the hands of active duty are "real guns"

So whats your take on the 12 million varmint shooters who shoot bigger

"pop guns" than do the militarys "real guns" ??? And at much longer

ranges?

funny!

(if you're serious, then you're pretty naive)

Which part of NY are you referring to? And what's "happening"?

Gunner

Sorry, if you can't figure this stuff out on your own, there's no point in a conversation.

But I suppose you don't really want to have a conversation anyway.

Pete C. February 5th 13 01:58 PM

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

A local gun shop is using Cerakote on guns.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=523085101043604&set=a.4521212981399 85.106891.131094280242690&type=1&relevant_count=1

I'm thinking of trying hydro-dip finishing next. Of course you still
need to anodize anyway to get the surface hardness.

I want to see if they will show me that process. I can think of other
uses for it.

Post photos of your hydro-dip when you do it so we can see the
results.

There are plenty of hydro-dip videos on youtube. A few places sell
starter kits for around $99 with your choice of numerous patterns.

Michael A. Terrell February 5th 13 02:09 PM

"Pete C." wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

A local gun shop is using Cerakote on guns.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=523085101043604&set=a.4521212981399 85.106891.131094280242690&type=1&relevant_count=1

I'm thinking of trying hydro-dip finishing next. Of course you still
need to anodize anyway to get the surface hardness.

I want to see if they will show me that process. I can think of other
uses for it.

Post photos of your hydro-dip when you do it so we can see the
results.

There are plenty of hydro-dip videos on youtube. A few places sell
starter kits for around $99 with your choice of numerous patterns.

I wanted to see someone's first attempt, and who could be asked
questions. You tube is OK, but not very interactive, :)

Gunner[_7_] February 5th 13 04:00 PM

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 02:57:22 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Monday, February 4, 2013 11:06:11 PM UTC-8, Gunner wrote:

Under armed? How so?

Pop guns? The same caliber arms in the hands of ex military are pop

guns, yet in the hands of active duty are "real guns"

So whats your take on the 12 million varmint shooters who shoot bigger

"pop guns" than do the militarys "real guns" ??? And at much longer

ranges?

funny!

(if you're serious, then you're pretty naive)

VBG

Your fumbling buffoonery is quite funny to read and respond to.

Though your ignorance and obvious mental illness is a bit sad.

Which part of NY are you referring to? And what's "happening"?

Gunner

Sorry, if you can't figure this stuff out on your own, there's no point in a conversation.

But I suppose you don't really want to have a conversation anyway.

But sonny..I was busy following the thing in Seattle!

Gunner

1. Lie

Karl Townsend February 5th 13 06:08 PM

Metalworking, Any AR receivers CAD models available for download?

On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 09:09:35 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"Pete C." wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

A local gun shop is using Cerakote on guns.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=523085101043604&set=a.4521212981399 85.106891.131094280242690&type=1&relevant_count=1

I'm thinking of trying hydro-dip finishing next. Of course you still
need to anodize anyway to get the surface hardness.

I want to see if they will show me that process. I can think of other
uses for it.

Post photos of your hydro-dip when you do it so we can see the
results.

There are plenty of hydro-dip videos on youtube. A few places sell
starter kits for around $99 with your choice of numerous patterns.

I wanted to see someone's first attempt, and who could be asked
questions. You tube is OK, but not very interactive, :)

FWIW, my son tried it on some well worn pistols. He got frustrated and
dropped the project. From what i heard, flat areas are a piece of
cake. A revolver was damn near impossible. He told me something like a
glock slide would be easy enough.

Karl

Wild_Bill February 5th 13 08:00 PM

Metalworking, Any AR receivers CAD models available for download?

The dipping process kinda looked like swirling.. a floating material
transferred to the workpiece.

http://projectguitar.com/tut/swirled.htm
http://theswirling.com/
http://www.c-kreul.de/Marmorierfarben.291.0.html?&L=1

Not applicable to firearm metal, but potentially useful (likely much
cheaper) for stocks or other project finishes.

--
WB

Tom Gardner[_6_] February 6th 13 12:57 AM

On 2/5/2013 5:57 AM, wrote:
On Monday, February 4, 2013 11:06:11 PM UTC-8, Gunner wrote:

Under armed? How so?

Pop guns? The same caliber arms in the hands of ex military are pop

guns, yet in the hands of active duty are "real guns"

So whats your take on the 12 million varmint shooters who shoot bigger

"pop guns" than do the militarys "real guns" ??? And at much longer

ranges?

funny!

(if you're serious, then you're pretty naive)

Which part of NY are you referring to? And what's "happening"?

Gunner

Sorry, if you can't figure this stuff out on your own, there's no point in a conversation.

But I suppose you don't really want to have a conversation anyway.

You need to take into account that most police and armed forces people
are "Oath Keepers" and won't do anything unconstitutional.
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

Tom Gardner[_6_] February 6th 13 01:00 AM

On 2/5/2013 11:00 AM, Gunner wrote:
[...]

Nephew the Ranger said that everyone in his unit is and an "Oath Keeper"
and they all HATE Dear Leader.

Michael A. Terrell February 6th 13 01:45 AM

Tom Gardner wrote:

You need to take into account that most police and armed forces people
are "Oath Keepers" and won't do anything unconstitutional.
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

While all liberals are OAF Keepers. You heard them cheering for the
Oaf of office, didn't you?

RogerN February 6th 13 03:19 AM

On 2013-02-02, RogerN wrote:
I was looking for AR 15 receivers to buy but I haven't found any
available,
for some strange reason so called "assault rifles" and parts have been
selling out everywhere.

Anyone know where to download CAD models of AR (or other gun) receivers
and
other gun parts?
I did a Google search and I keep finding mentions but nothing has
produced a
CAD model yet.

Let me know if you find one. Also I wonder how interchangeable they
actually are.

There is a file called ARblank.pdf that gives instructions for machining
from the forging blank.

I also saw a "Fire Control Pocket with a DRO.pdf" file that gives
instructions useful for the 80% completed receivers.

RogerN

Larry Jaques[_4_] February 6th 13 04:14 AM

Metalworking, Any AR receivers CAD models available for download?

On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 01:31:41 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

A local gun shop is using Cerakote on guns.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=523085101043604&set=a.4521212981399 85.106891.131094280242690&type=1&relevant_count=1

It's nice of you to share a photo of your little gun with us, sweetie.
titter

They were talking about that gun on the local radio station, as a
present for your girlfreind or wife for Valentine's day. I'm sure they
can make one for you. :)

WHAT are you saying? (Thanks, but I couldn't accept it. I'm
straight.)

BTW, you need to see a doctor abut that titter problem before
someone mistakes you for an excitable six year old girl. ;-)

I only titter and chortle online. It's much safer that way, mon.

--
Newman's First Law:
It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.