Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anybody here make a magnetic brake?

I am working on a 5th axis for the mill. I think it will need a brake.
I'm not sure if the servo motor will be able to hold position for some
operations. I have looked at magnetic particle brakes and they ain't
cheap. So I'm thinking about making one. Or some type of
electromagnetic brake. The brake, when actuated, must not cause any
motion of the axis, and I'm just not sure what would work best.
Eric