Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default PLC board corrosion

I got me Pro-Face PLC back from the manufacturer today. I had posted
about the failure a few weeks ago. It turns out that there was some
sort of corrosion on the main board and the video board. The PLC is in
a gasketed enclosure with three Greenfield cables coming in. The
machine or the control box never got wet and there is nothing in the
air. The heat goes from 65 day to 55 night with overhead gas furnaces.
Could just the Greenfield be letting moisture in? How do I prevent it
from happening again? A light bulb running all the time? A vent fan?
Maybe the thing shouldn't be that well sealed?

Here are some pix of the PLC, and enclosure.

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse545a784.jpg

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/a...psb1238b22.jpg

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/a...pscbe73616.jpg