Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Back to the real world

Now I really do have to leave. I had to take my wife to the hospital
last night, I'm afraid; wifey has pneumonia. I'm going back again in
an hour or two and I won't be coming back here.

I must say I've enjoyed my brief stay here in the Right-Wing Menagerie
and Discount House of Gun Worship, the Land that Time Forgot. In 67
years of owning guns, I'd never realized that restricting box
magazines to 10 rounds would lead directly to fascism, slavery,
incontinence, and the end of human life as we know it. I'm really glad
that you folks have cleared that up for me.

Roger, I honestly had never considered what I'd need if I were
attacked by a pack of wolves while hunting deer, never having seen one
while hunting. Now you have me worried. I'm thinking hand grenades,
and maybe a BAR. And if I have to jump into a river, I'll need some
bang sticks.

Gunner, I hope you've signed one of those little cards that leaves
your body parts to science. Entire medical classes will break into
fistfights to get a look inside of your brain. 8-)

RD Sandman, I never explained what I meant by our gun problem being
mostly a matter of culture. You probably thought I meant ghetto
culture. I meant that, but also gun culture. The covers of American
Rifleman are a good indicator of what's happened over the past four or
five decades. Now it looks like a catalog for Rambo wannabees.
Home-defense guns have become "tactical weapons." Letter writers try
to explain why a .223 semiautomatic rifle is a sensible gun for
hunting deer. Handguns with laser sights, flashlights, and God knows
what else look like fashion accessories for gang-bangers. As heavy as
those guns must be, all dressed up, it may explain why their pants
droop down halfway over their ass.

Adam Lanza appears to have caught on, appearing in full dress at the
elementary school in Newtown. The scrawny kid really got his Man Card
reissued, didn't he? And just in time, because Bushmaster took down
their Man Card qualification form. I wonder why.

I don't know exactly when the NRA became focused on more effective
killing of people instead of quail and elk. It seemed to take off some
time in the '80s, or maybe the early '90s. The Second Amendment used
to be the undergirding, the symbol that told the world that the people
of the US are in charge here. But we didn't obsess about it. You're
old enough; you remember. Now it's being used as a license for
belligerence as a way of life.

In any case, that's the culture I meant. Wayne blames video games. Who
needs video games? Just get a subscription to American Rifleman. Your
membership money will go to a good cause -- Wayne's million-dollar
salary.

There is one word to describe what's happened, and it's reflected well
in the discussions on this newsgroup: Paranoia. It runs deep. There's
a man with a gun over there. Better beware. For what it's worth.

Until Armegeddon brings us happy, rapturous days, and our way is
lighted by burning infidels, I remain

Scraper

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:49:51 -0500, Tim M wrote:

[...]

My best wishes for your wifes satisfactory and quick recovery!

Come on back when you get the time, you are fun to play with.

Till that day, Shalom and Molon Labe

Respects indeed.

Gunner

1. Lie