Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Agumented reality welding mask

http://www.roadtovr.com/2012/09/26/a...ding-mask-1344
--
Boris
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 19, 7:30*pm, Boris Mohar wrote:
http://www.roadtovr.com/2012/09/26/a...ding-mask-1344
--
Boris

Thanks for posting that.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Boris Mohar" wrote in message
http://www.roadtovr.com/2012/09/26/a...ding-mask-1344
--
Boris

Now, that's pretty cool. I use Wide Dynamic Range CCTV cameras sometimes in
my day job for surveillance applications, so there are some other non play
uses, but I would really love to be able to SEE my weld while I am working.
Usually if I am doing something I am not really comfortable with I have to
take it outside and arrange my work so the sun is shining directly on it.
That helps, but you really can't see the weld. Just the work piece.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 19:30:22 -0500, Boris Mohar
wrote:

http://www.roadtovr.com/2012/09/26/a...ding-mask-1344

Thank you! That was VERY interesting!

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, January 19, 2013 11:41:08 PM UTC-8, Gunner wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 19:30:22 -0500, Boris Mohar wrote: http://www.roadtovr.com/2012/09/26/a...ding-mask-1344 Thank you! That was VERY interesting! Gunner The methodology of the left has always been: 1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie

they need to get a real welder. those guys can't tig weld worth a ****!

i can understand this being useful for documentation,i.e., video, and instruction, but **** i have more puddle definition with my conventional helmet.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:55:36 PM UTC-8, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Boris Mohar" wrote in message ... http://www.roadtovr.com/2012/09/26/a...ding-mask-1344 -- Boris Now, that's pretty cool. I use Wide Dynamic Range CCTV cameras sometimes in my day job for surveillance applications, so there are some other non play uses, but I would really love to be able to SEE my weld while I am working. Usually if I am doing something I am not really comfortable with I have to take it outside and arrange my work so the sun is shining directly on it. That helps, but you really can't see the weld. Just the work piece.

hi bob,

interesting comment.

so what type of welding are you doing? doesn't sound like tig if you're outside.

btw, welding is all about puddle manipulation. but if you can't see the puddle, sounds like trouble to me.

you most likely already know this, but the big plus with tig is that you have good puddle visibility except for those moments when sometimes you're way out of position and go by feel and experience.

gl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote...
Bob La Londe wrote:
[...]

-----------------------------
Suffering from Old Deflicted Eyes, I have a couple of 500W halogen
floodlights set up on a stand so I can point 'em where I'm working - don't
need one of those automatic masks, and helps pre-heat aluminium...

Puddle control? I just send the dog out...

Bob, have you tried a peak white inverter on the cameras (assuming they're
analogue, you may have joined the 21st century though), should help make the
puddle more visible if the monitor doesn't have to cramp its dynamic range?

Dave H. (the other one)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"news.virginmedia.com" wrote in message

wrote...
Bob La Londe wrote:
"Boris Mohar" wrote...
http://www.roadtovr.com/2012/09/26/a...ding-mask-1344
--

Boris Now, that's pretty cool. I use Wide Dynamic Range CCTV cameras
sometimes in my day job for surveillance applications, so there are some
other non play uses, but I would really love to be able to SEE my weld
while I am working. Usually if I am doing something I am not really
comfortable with I have to take it outside and arrange my work so the sun
is shining directly on it. That helps, but you really can't see the weld.
Just the work piece.

hi bob,

interesting comment.

so what type of welding are you doing? doesn't sound like tig if you're
outside.

MIG aluminum mostly these days. I have to go so fast that I can't look at
anything.

btw, welding is all about puddle manipulation. but if you can't see the
puddle, sounds like trouble to me.

I learned that using a puny little china store wire feed for steel. Flow it
into one side.... then flow it into the other side... kinda like using a
clothes hanger and a torch to patch a muffler.

you most likely already know this, but the big plus with tig is that you
have good puddle visibility except for those moments when sometimes you're
way out of position and go by feel and experience.

I've never TIGed in my life. What I really want is a pulse MIG so I can get
a little more control with thin aluminum sheet, but I'll probably never have
the money to buy one the way certain politicians are these days.

gl

-----------------------------
Suffering from Old Deflicted Eyes, I have a couple of 500W halogen
floodlights set up on a stand so I can point 'em where I'm working - don't
need one of those automatic masks, and helps pre-heat aluminium...

Puddle control? I just send the dog out...

Bob, have you tried a peak white inverter on the cameras (assuming they're
analogue, you may have joined the 21st century though), should help make
the puddle more visible if the monitor doesn't have to cramp its dynamic
range?

Dave H. (the other one)

I still have plenty of analogue in the field, although for surveillance
often a single 3GP digital will replace 4 or 5 analogue cameras.