Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - useful cheater bar technique for loosening stuck bolts

While looking for some other stuff, I happened across this picture of
adopting a swing-set ladder for use as a cheater bar. It shows a
technique I hadn't thought of myself.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?s=4ae80a1adf6875a0b5cb60136cfd3de3& attachmentid=18603&stc=1&d=1277964009

(It's from thread
http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/46747-Red-neck-cheater-bar)

--
jiw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:36:39 +0000 (UTC), James Waldby
wrote:

While looking for some other stuff, I happened across this picture of
adopting a swing-set ladder for use as a cheater bar. It shows a
technique I hadn't thought of myself.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?s=4ae80a1adf6875a0b5cb60136cfd3de3& attachmentid=18603&stc=1&d=1277964009

(It's from thread
http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/46747-Red-neck-cheater-bar)

That picture reminds me of a guy I used to work with. I went over to
his house after work and he showed my his newly rebuilt V8 sitting on
the carport floor braced by a couple 4x4s. There was a rubber tube
coming out of an anti freeze jug wired to the roof rafters and some
wires going to a couple big alligator clips. I asked what's with the
tube and wires and he showed me. He put the clips onto a car battery
and then used jumper cables to spin the starter motor. The enginer
started right up. He grabbed the throttle linkage and tweaked the
throttle. The motor twisted off the supports and kinda bounced around.
With only an exhaust manifold it was really loud. Anyway, the motor
almost knocked him over. He pulled the clips from the battery real
fast and then collapsed on the floor laughing. I think he almost
****ed his pants when the motor started bouncing. I laughed my ass off
too. We topped off the exitement with some beers.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

James Waldby wrote:
While looking for some other stuff, I happened across this picture of
adopting a swing-set ladder for use as a cheater bar. It shows a
technique I hadn't thought of myself.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?s=4ae80a1adf6875a0b5cb60136cfd3de3& attachmentid=18603&stc=1&d=1277964009

(It's from thread
http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/46747-Red-neck-cheater-bar)

There is someone who does not know how to use a puller correctly.....

--
Steve W.

Stuck allen bolts D.M. Procida UK diy 19 October 27th 12 01:53 PM
Kroil vs. Liquid wrench for loosening stuck Water heater anode rod blueman Home Repair 10 September 16th 09 09:57 PM
steel bolts stuck in AL Karl Townsend Metalworking 33 December 11th 08 11:30 AM
Cheater Chuck [email protected] Woodworking 3 March 22nd 06 01:59 AM
Plumbing Q: loosening tube stuck in stub out Anthony L. Home Repair 2 April 28th 04 06:44 AM