Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default what would 19 on the hand held rockwell tester conver to?

tested steel of .060" thich with hand held rockwell hardness test tool.
results showed 19. what would that be equivalent to?

Thanks

--
+--------[ SERVER SIGNATURE ]---------------+
| Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to |

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-11-20, lmoore wrote:
tested steel of .060" thich with hand held rockwell hardness test tool.
results showed 19. what would that be equivalent to?

Which handheld -- the Ames? That one (which I have one of),
IIRC, is made to measure purely Rockwell C scale. And for something
that thin, you want a Superficial scale instead, which requires a
different indenter, and a different maximum pressure. Predicting what
it would be is beyond my capability -- there is a reason that hardness
testers are made with separate scale capability -- conversion between
Rockwell C and Superficial when the thickness of the material pretty
much demands superficial is not a simple matter of looking up a table.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

hand held cnc router tiredofspam Woodworking 7 August 12th 12 02:40 AM
Hand held vacuum Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 24 December 14th 11 03:42 PM
HAND-HELD HUBBLE J T Woodworking 0 April 12th 07 01:18 AM
Need manual for Rockwell Hardness tester SteveF Metalworking 1 January 19th 06 07:57 PM
How to use an old Rockwell hardness tester Kris Metalworking 7 September 2nd 05 07:22 AM