Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gunners.....What is it?

Ive owned 4 of these for years. What the hell are they?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97079269678738

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97000280129170

Oh..the melting pot and plane questions I asked about last week....

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...ndToolsAndMisc

And some of my other Stuff

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602

Gunner

--
""The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have
to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That’s why I

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don’t have
a clue as to political reality.
What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard
workers and convince them that they should support social programs
that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a
little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you
want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic
operative instead of a Republican was because there were more
Democrats that didn’t have a clue than there were Republicans."
James Carvell, DNC operative
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 21:09:43 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

Ive owned 4 of these for years. What the hell are they?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97079269678738

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97000280129170

Depth stop for auger bits

Oh..the melting pot and plane questions I asked about last week....

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...ndToolsAndMisc

And some of my other Stuff

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602

Gunner

---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ive owned 4 of these for years. What the hell are they?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97000280129170

They are "Bit Gages". Clamp them on an auger bit as a depth stop.

Regards,
Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ive owned 4 of these for years. What the hell are they?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97079269678738

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97000280129170

Depth stop for auger bits

really? How do they attach?

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ive owned 4 of these for years. What the hell are they?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97000280129170

They are "Bit Gages". Clamp them on an auger bit as a depth stop.

Regards,
Bob

How do they attach??????

Gunner

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ive owned 4 of these for years. What the hell are they?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97079269678738

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97000280129170

Depth stop for auger bits

really? How do they attach?

You guys are right! No ****!

http://www.georgesbasement.com/galoo...itgauge076.JPG

Id never have guessed thats what they were used for in a gazillion
years! Im utterly flabergasted!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ive owned 4 of these for years. What the hell are they?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97079269678738

Good question. Ask over on the Wreck, mon.

--
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy
is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner on Thu, 08 Nov 2012 02:56:17 -0800 typed

wrote:

Ive owned 4 of these for years. What the hell are they?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97079269678738

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97000280129170

Depth stop for auger bits

really? How do they attach?

You guys are right! No ****!

http://www.georgesbasement.com/galoo...itgauge076.JPG

Id never have guessed thats what they were used for in a gazillion
years! Im utterly flabergasted!

Now you know.

Did you figure out how they attach?

tschus
pyotr

(It looks to me that you open them up, slide the auger in, and clamp
them beck dawn at the proper depth.)
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ive owned 4 of these for years. What the hell are they?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97079269678738

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...97000280129170

Depth stop for auger bits

really? How do they attach?

You guys are right! No ****!

http://www.georgesbasement.com/galoo...itgauge076.JPG

Id never have guessed thats what they were used for in a gazillion
years! Im utterly flabergasted!

Now you know.

Did you figure out how they attach?

Ayup..shows nicely in the link I provided.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner on Thu, 08 Nov 2012 13:03:27 -0800 typed

You guys are right! No ****!

http://www.georgesbasement.com/galoo...itgauge076.JPG

Id never have guessed thats what they were used for in a gazillion
years! Im utterly flabergasted!

Now you know.

Did you figure out how they attach?

Ayup..shows nicely in the link I provided.

Once I read what it was(and having studied the pictures) I
thought" oh, yeah, that's "obvious" and here's how it would work.

Number of things like that, which if I could "fiddled" with it, I
could figure out easier.

--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 21:34:00 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner on Thu, 08 Nov 2012 13:03:27 -0800 typed

You guys are right! No ****!

http://www.georgesbasement.com/galoo...itgauge076.JPG

Id never have guessed thats what they were used for in a gazillion
years! Im utterly flabergasted!

Now you know.

Did you figure out how they attach?

Ayup..shows nicely in the link I provided.

Once I read what it was(and having studied the pictures) I
thought" oh, yeah, that's "obvious" and here's how it would work.

Number of things like that, which if I could "fiddled" with it, I
could figure out easier.

I honestly had no..no clue. And its not obvious what it could be for.

I was actually quite surprised and very happy to discover I didnt know
everything...chuckle.

The "feet" look like they would go into a dovetailed fixture, which
was confusing to me.

Gunner