Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for click-in, click-out mechanism

Same thing as those cabinet-door magnetic latches, but about 6" travel
and sized to work in a pop-out step under her too-tall kitchen cabinets.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 6 Oct 2012 09:52:24 +0000 (UTC), xpzzzz
wrote:

Same thing as those cabinet-door magnetic latches, but about 6" travel
and sized to work in a pop-out step under her too-tall kitchen cabinets.

What..like a camper step?

--
Adde cruorem stultitiae, atque ignem gladio scruta
To your folly add bloodshed, and stir the fire with the sword (Horace)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

xpzzzz wrote:

Same thing as those cabinet-door magnetic latches, but about 6" travel
and sized to work in a pop-out step under her too-tall kitchen cabinets.

Try mcmaster.com item 10825A26 push-to-open grab latch ($6.90) in
conjunction with a light spring and/or gravity setup to extend the step
out after unlatching.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 10/6/2012 4:52 AM, xpzzzz wrote:
Same thing as those cabinet-door magnetic latches, but about 6" travel
and sized to work in a pop-out step under her too-tall kitchen cabinets.

Didn't look specifically and don't recall it, but check at Woodworkers'
Hardware www.wwhardware.com -- they've about as large a selection of
cabinet hardware as I'm aware of...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"dpb" wrote in message
On 10/6/2012 4:52 AM, xpzzzz wrote:
Same thing as those cabinet-door magnetic latches, but about 6"
travel
and sized to work in a pop-out step under her too-tall kitchen
cabinets.

Didn't look specifically and don't recall it, but check at
Woodworkers' Hardware www.wwhardware.com -- they've about as large
a selection of cabinet hardware as I'm aware of...

My mother had a stepstool with a handle that came almost to countertop
height. AFAIK my sister's husband made it from an antique pattern. It
had a hole in the handle she could hook a finger through to move it
with both hands full.
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Speaking on steps -

I like those that roll around but when stepped upon,
settle down to be on hard feet and when relieved of a load,
spring up and ready to roll.

IIRC, there are cones around each wheel that take the load.

They also, the cones, keep small junk from getting under the
wheel and snag the movement. That in itself might prevent a fall.

Martin