Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No moral justification for a graduated income tax structure

On Oct 1, 8:27*pm, Hawke wrote:

We cannot.

How do you know that? Why not?

Because people are not going to spend their spare time getting
informed on proposed laws. Congress barely manages to get informed on
laws. It is a full time job. The average person is not interested
and does not have the time.

Did they not teach anything to you in your polysci classes?

Dan

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/2/2012 5:06 PM, wrote:
On Oct 1, 8:27 pm, Hawke wrote:

We cannot.

How do you know that? Why not?

Because people are not going to spend their spare time getting
informed on proposed laws. Congress barely manages to get informed on
laws. It is a full time job. The average person is not interested
and does not have the time.

Did they not teach anything to you in your polysci classes?

Yeah they did. But they didn't teach you any polysci in engineering did
they? So that's why you are an amateur at it. The fact is we could use
direct democracy far easier now than in the past because of
technological changes. With all the computers and smart phones people
can become informed on laws to be passed. In California we have votes on
statewide laws every election. More and more laws are done by
referendum. I didn't say we just turn to a direct democracy. I said we
can have a lot more of it. Voting on laws isn't that hard. Look at who
does it. You think you can do it, I'm sure of that. So are a lot of us.
If we wanted we could have a lot more direct democracy. I'm not for it
though in a lot of cases. There are good reasons for representation but
we can have more direct input and I think that would be good. We can
start with the end of the electoral college and direct election of the
president. What's wrong with that?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 17:06:16 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Oct 1, 8:27*pm, Hawke wrote:

We cannot.

How do you know that? Why not?

Because people are not going to spend their spare time getting
informed on proposed laws. Congress barely manages to get informed on
laws. It is a full time job. The average person is not interested
and does not have the time.

Did they not teach anything to you in your polysci classes?

Dan

I suspect he may have been "out sampling the bud" behind the cafeteria
when that issue was raised in class.

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 2, 9:08*pm, Hawke wrote:

I didn't say we just turn to a direct democracy. I said we
can have a lot more of it.

Hawke

The problem when you lie on the internet, it is too easy to go back
and see exactly what you said.

You did say we could have a direct democracy.

**** off. You think we can have a "pure democracy" in a country of 310
million people?

We could.

So once again you remember what you said as being something different
from what you really said.

Cheers

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 4, 4:09*pm, Hawke wrote:

You did *say we could have a direct democracy.

**** off. *You think we can have a "pure democracy" in a country of 310
million people?

We could.

So once again you remember what you said as being something different
from what you really said.

Whatever you want. We could have a direct democracy. Is that better now?

No. You still have not explained how people are going to be informed
enough to vote and still have a job.
So where is the evidence of that high IQ of yourl?
Dan

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 14:58:45 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Oct 4, 4:09*pm, Hawke wrote:

You did *say we could have a direct democracy.

**** off. *You think we can have a "pure democracy" in a country of 310
million people?

We could.

So once again you remember what you said as being something different
from what you really said.

Whatever you want. We could have a direct democracy. Is that better now?

No. You still have not explained how people are going to be informed
enough to vote and still have a job.
So where is the evidence of that high IQ of yourl?
Dan

Hawke

Given that with a direct democracy...we could vote to suspend the
civil rights of Leftwingers and then simply murder them with impunity.

If that were the case..Id start a pool here and take bets on how long
the Parakeet would take before he stopped posting..permanantly.

Im still watching the calendar the moment the Great Cull starts. Ill
bet he doesn't live 14 days after the bloodshed starts.

$5 says he wont. Any other betters?

VBG

Gunner

--
You just opened the window for a glimpse at the liberal mindset. You
people think, for some unknown reason, that since you are infinitely
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/4/2012 2:58 PM, wrote:
On Oct 4, 4:09 pm, Hawke wrote:

You did say we could have a direct democracy.

**** off. You think we can have a "pure democracy" in a country of 310
million people?

We could.

So once again you remember what you said as being something different
from what you really said.

Whatever you want. We could have a direct democracy. Is that better now?

No. You still have not explained how people are going to be informed
enough to vote and still have a job.
So where is the evidence of that high IQ of yourl?

You're an amateur when it comes to all things political, Dan. You show
it all the time. One way is that you don't know that most things that
the government does are administrative and not statutorial. So there are
only so many things that have to come to a vote. Did you see how many
thing were actually voted on by the House this year? It was a
ridiculously small number and many of them are insignificant.

If we wanted to we could inform everyone by computer, smart phone, TV,
and radio what the issues are that need to be voted on and we could vote
on them online. Most issues aren't that complicated. Nobody says the
representatives are all the knowledgeable about the bills so why should
the public be any different. The reality is we could do a direct
democracy if we wanted. We never tried it. How would it work? How would
we know? It might work it might not. At least the people wouldn't be
bribed by lobbyists to vote the way they want.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Oct 4, 4:09 pm, Hawke wrote:

[...]

I'm your worst nightmare. A progressive with guns that is very
proficient with them. I'm well prepared to defend myself. Bring on your
stupid cull. You've been beating that horse for three years now. No one
buys it. More bull**** from the master.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 5, 4:25*pm, Hawke wrote:

I'm your worst nightmare. A progressive with guns that is very
proficient with them. I'm well prepared to defend myself. Bring on your
stupid cull. You've been beating that horse for three years now. No one
buys it. More bull**** from the master.

Hawke

Big talk, but all I have heard you mention was pistols. To me a
pistol is what you carry when you do not expect to need a gun. You
certainly do not see armies armed with pistols.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner on Thu, 04 Oct 2012 18:54:25 -0700 typed

Given that with a direct democracy...we could vote to suspend the
civil rights of Leftwingers and then simply murder them with impunity.

Wrong, wrong , wrong. If we vote to suspend their civil rights,
then it won't be murder, just euthanasia. It is all a quality of life
issue - they don't have any quality, so they don't need the life part.

Im still watching the calendar the moment the Great Cull starts. Ill
bet he doesn't live 14 days after the bloodshed starts.

$5 says he wont. Any other betters?

I'll not take that bet. I just suspect he's far enough down the
food chain as to not be worth the effort, specifically.

--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 17:54:58 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner on Thu, 04 Oct 2012 18:54:25 -0700 typed

Given that with a direct democracy...we could vote to suspend the
civil rights of Leftwingers and then simply murder them with impunity.

Wrong, wrong , wrong. If we vote to suspend their civil rights,
then it won't be murder, just euthanasia. It is all a quality of life
issue - they don't have any quality, so they don't need the life part.

Mummmm...true indeed.

Im still watching the calendar the moment the Great Cull starts. Ill
bet he doesn't live 14 days after the bloodshed starts.

$5 says he wont. Any other betters?

I'll not take that bet. I just suspect he's far enough down the
food chain as to not be worth the effort, specifically.

Bet he isnt.

VBG

Gunner

--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner on Tue, 09 Oct 2012 01:23:26 -0700 typed
wrote:

Gunner on Thu, 04 Oct 2012 18:54:25 -0700 typed

Given that with a direct democracy...we could vote to suspend the
civil rights of Leftwingers and then simply murder them with impunity.

Wrong, wrong , wrong. If we vote to suspend their civil rights,
then it won't be murder, just euthanasia. It is all a quality of life
issue - they don't have any quality, so they don't need the life part.

Mummmm...true indeed.

Im still watching the calendar the moment the Great Cull starts. Ill
bet he doesn't live 14 days after the bloodshed starts.

$5 says he wont. Any other betters?

I'll not take that bet. I just suspect he's far enough down the
food chain as to not be worth the effort, specifically.

Bet he isnt.

I don't care, one way or the other. Whether it has his name on
it, or merely addressed to "Occupant", or even "Batch 47" - machts
nichts zu mir.
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Why don't you drop the fake German pretensions, Knäblein? The correct
expression is "es macht nichts zu mir."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 9, 5:42*pm, George Plimpton wrote:

Why don't you drop the fake German pretensions, Kn blein? *The correct
expression is "es macht nichts zu mir."

I think pyotr is a Finn. He is probably not thrilled to be considered
a German.

Dan