Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to be an internet gun nut

I had friends in the North Bay that took sawed AR's
(frames sawed in half) and TIGed them back after finding
halves that were 60% on each - making a clean cut and TIG.

Coming by the exact TIG metal was easy enough.

Martin

On 8/24/2012 1:01 AM, Gunner wrote:
On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 00:47:22 -0500, "David J. Hughes"
wrote:

On 8/23/2012 9:12 PM, RogerN wrote:
Speaking of guns...
Have you ever made any guns similar to those in the Army's improvised
munitions manual?

They look easy to make and with a heavier barrel should be much safer than a
piece of pipe. What's the legality on making homemade guns in the home
shop?

It doesn't seem like a bad idea to have the supplies on hand to assemble a
few improvised weapons should the need arise.

Yeah, I have a lot of plumbing problems, that's what all this pipe and these
fittings are for... I use them bullet looking things to clean out the pipe
:-)

RogerN

\

You can't legally sell them, give them away or leave them to someone in
your will without registering them with the BATF.

State laws may apply.

Do so at your own risk.

There are few state laws that cover manufacturing your own weapons of
any type. Even Californias strict Assault weapons law dont cover it.

In fact...it leaves them in utter confusion (a friend built a AR from
scratch. From a stack of aluminum blocks)

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper