Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT question, plastic films that stick without adhesive

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 14:17:22 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

Looking for some flexible plastic film that will stick to my LCD screen,
but can be readily removed without leaving any trace of adhesive. Sort
of like the plastic film that covers LCD's on new cameras, etc. But the
clear plastic screen protectors for Ipods and such are not what I'm
looking for.

I'm not a bit time gamer, but do enjoy Half Life 2 Deathmatch. Crosshair
in the game is all but invisible against many backgrounds, I want to
experiement with different color and shape cross hairs.

Figured somebody here knows what I'm looking for and what it's called.
Once I know what the heck to search on, I can track some down.

Static cling sheeting or film.

--
A human being must have occupation if he or
she is not to become a nuisance to the world.

We need to find -jobs- for our CONgresscritters!
-- Larry Jaques

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Saran Wrap". Ask your wife.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
Looking for some flexible plastic film that will stick to my LCD screen,
but can be readily removed without leaving any trace of adhesive. Sort
of like the plastic film that covers LCD's on new cameras, etc. But the
clear plastic screen protectors for Ipods and such are not what I'm
looking for.

I'm not a bit time gamer, but do enjoy Half Life 2 Deathmatch. Crosshair
in the game is all but invisible against many backgrounds, I want to
experiement with different color and shape cross hairs.

Figured somebody here knows what I'm looking for and what it's called.
Once I know what the heck to search on, I can track some down.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Looking for some flexible plastic film that will stick to my LCD screen,
but can be readily removed without leaving any trace of adhesive. Sort
of like the plastic film that covers LCD's on new cameras, etc. But the
clear plastic screen protectors for Ipods and such are not what I'm
looking for.

I'm not a bit time gamer, but do enjoy Half Life 2 Deathmatch. Crosshair
in the game is all but invisible against many backgrounds, I want to
experiement with different color and shape cross hairs.

Figured somebody here knows what I'm looking for and what it's called.
Once I know what the heck to search on, I can track some down.

Static cling sheeting or film.

Eg.

http://www.buy.com/prod/static-cling...222054560.html

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/14/2012 5:44 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

"Saran Wrap". Ask your wife.

What, you don't think I know my way around the kitchen? G
Too thin for what I want to do. My tire guy gives me a little sticker to
put in the upper corner of my windshield to remind me when it's time to
rotate tires. That is the material I want.
I'd guess it's about 6-7 mils thick.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/14/2012 2:08 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Static cling sheeting or film.

Thanks! Found some right away on ebay, 5 sheets of ink jet printable
material. I can print up a sheet with different designs and when I find
one I really like, print up a mess of them. I'm assuming at some point
the static cling effect will go away.

I actually put thin strips of tape right on the screen, which worked
great in game, but kinda sucked when post processing photographs... G

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 19:12:43 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 7/14/2012 2:08 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Static cling sheeting or film.

Thanks! Found some right away on ebay, 5 sheets of ink jet printable
material. I can print up a sheet with different designs and when I find
one I really like, print up a mess of them. I'm assuming at some point
the static cling effect will go away.

I heard that you can recharge them with a wool cloth.

I actually put thin strips of tape right on the screen, which worked
great in game, but kinda sucked when post processing photographs... G

No kidding? g

--
A human being must have occupation if he or
she is not to become a nuisance to the world.
-- Dorothy L. Sayers

We need to find -jobs- for our CONgresscritters!
-- Larry Jaques
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/14/2012 8:07 PM, Jon Anderson wrote:
On 7/14/2012 5:44 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

"Saran Wrap". Ask your wife.

What, you don't think I know my way around the kitchen? G
Too thin for what I want to do. My tire guy gives me a little sticker to
put in the upper corner of my windshield to remind me when it's time to
rotate tires. That is the material I want.
I'd guess it's about 6-7 mils thick.

Jon

Fabric stores have vinyl by the yard.
I've been using that for PDA screen protectors.
The thinnest stuff is a little thicker than I'd like,
but it works ok for the touch screen.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/14/2012 9:53 PM, mike wrote:

Fabric stores have vinyl by the yard.
I've been using that for PDA screen protectors.
The thinnest stuff is a little thicker than I'd like,
but it works ok for the touch screen.

Ah, thanks for that, that should by far, be the cheapest route.

Jon