Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Eaton Compressor purchase

I needed not to be down more than a couple of hours, so instead of
pulling and _hoping_ my old compressor pump was in good enough condition
to rebuild, I bought a 2-stage pump from Eaton "Polar" compressors.

My reactions, so far: They had great pre-sale customer service. The
pump was shipped immediately, and I received it in Florida from Ohio four
days after the transaction.

It's a beefy unit, fully warranted by them out of Ohio. Chinese built,
but guaranteed against parts failure except for (basically) lack of
lubrication for five years.

It arrived undamaged from shipping, but there were a few discrepancies
like a leaky sight glass and mis-matched documentation. It came with
only semi-plumbed head unloaders, and no information about them... not
even on the exploded parts diagrams.

I contacted them by email, and asked for the correct docs by email. I
got a return email saying to call them Thursday. Damn! I wanted to have
it up and working Thursday morning when we opened the machine shop.

So far, the pump looks pretty nice, but we'll see how the rest goes.
It's not going quite how I'd have liked the transaction to have gone.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-07-04, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
[...]

Keep us posted. I assume you have a motor for it? What is the HP?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 20:12:10 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

[...]

Typical chinese "kit" product.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus26924 fired this volley in
:

Keep us posted. I assume you have a motor for it? What is the HP?

Yeah. I'm just replacing the pump on my older 80-gal, 5HP unit.

It would take me most of a week to tear down, find parts, and repair the
old pump -- if it can be repaired economically.

This way, about half of one day without shop air, and I'm back up. Then I
can work on the other pump.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking