Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default refrigerent recovery for autos. General question.

I know you can purchase refrigerent recovery systems. There are videos
online that show people making their own by pumping it with an old
refrigerator compressor into an old propane cylinder.

I own several old vehicles. It would be nice to be able to reclaim
refrgerent rather than vent it when the system has to be taken apart.

Would this work? What I dont understand is I thought the oil in an
automotive system is carried in the refigerent. If you reclaim the
refridgerent using the propane method, does the oil in the system come
with it?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 13:26:08 -0700 (PDT), stryped
wrote:

I know you can purchase refrigerent recovery systems. There are videos
online that show people making their own by pumping it with an old
refrigerator compressor into an old propane cylinder.

I own several old vehicles. It would be nice to be able to reclaim
refrgerent rather than vent it when the system has to be taken apart.

Would this work? What I dont understand is I thought the oil in an
automotive system is carried in the refigerent. If you reclaim the
refridgerent using the propane method, does the oil in the system come
with it?

It CAN - which is why you make an oil separator to trap the oil and
return it to the system. If a system is suddenly opened, it will blow
oil out. If it is drained slowly it will not. The oil is carried in
the LIQUID refrigerant. As long as it is drwn off as vapour it is
quite possible to remove all refrigerant without loosing any oil from
the system.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

So how would I design this? I have acess to a fairly new compresser
from an ice maker of my parents.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
stryped fired this volley in news:3fd2ede7-4a66-4013-
:

So how would I design this?

Sigh. I'd try paper and pencil first. If that doesn't work a $2000 CAD
system should do the trick. Consider gravity in your design.

does this guy _ever_ try anything himself before he asks us to do it for
him?

LLoyd

It's taken me a while to realise that Stryped is probably not doing any of
the things he asks about here. I reckon he's just playing games with every
one. Too many inconsistencies..

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 21:04:47 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

stryped fired this volley in news:3fd2ede7-4a66-4013-
:

So how would I design this?

Sigh. I'd try paper and pencil first. If that doesn't work a $2000 CAD
system should do the trick. Consider gravity in your design.

does this guy _ever_ try anything himself before he asks us to do it for
him?

Why would a spammer do that, Lloyd? Plonk him and forget him, please.

--
Doctors prescribe medicine of which they know little,
to cure diseases of which they know less,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Basically a bulge in the pipe facing up in the direction of gas flow,
with a tube extending down into the bulge. as the exit. The oil drops
out into the expanded pipe and runs back into the compressor.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

out into the expanded pipe and runs back into the compressor.- Hide quoted text -

Is there a way to only collect the vapor ensureing that this way no
oil is in it?

All I would like to do is be able to reclaim and reuse the r134 when
repairing an auto ac system.