DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Break In (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/338691-break.html)

Bob La Londe[_2_] April 12th 12 04:48 AM

Break In

Would you break in a new compressor pump? How?

Bob La Londe[_2_] April 12th 12 04:56 AM

Break In

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Would you break in a new compressor pump? How?

Never mind looks like various manufacturers recommend no load running of
from 10 to 30 minutes to break in. Some say to change the oil at that
point.

Stormin Mormon[_7_] April 12th 12 12:45 PM

Break In

BFH, and hit it repeatedly. Until the metal gave way and breaks in.

Either that, or I'd wait till the piston was gone to the store, and pry open
the back door. Might scale up the back porch, and pry open a window.

Look for quick, easy to steal items. Stuff them into a conveniently found
suitcase, and try to get out without being noticed.

But, I don't really have much interest in breaking into a compressor, so I'd
stay home and not bother. Really, why would anyone want to break into a
compressor?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Stormin Mormon[_7_] April 12th 12 12:45 PM

Break In

Don't get to steal the compressor's stuff?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Randy333 April 12th 12 01:38 PM

Break In

.

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

Would you break in a new compressor pump? How?

Funny yes, but not ROTFLMAO.

IN vs INTO, there is a differance.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Stormin Mormon[_7_] April 12th 12 01:53 PM

Break In

You did that on purpose? Misspelled "difference"?

Ah, you are a subtle, and crafty wordsmith.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Steve B[_13_] April 12th 12 03:55 PM

Break In

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Would you break in a new compressor pump? How?

RTFM?

Michael A. Terrell April 12th 12 05:22 PM

Break In

Stormin Mormon wrote:

BFH, and hit it repeatedly. Until the metal gave way and breaks in.

Either that, or I'd wait till the piston was gone to the store, and pry open
the back door. Might scale up the back porch, and pry open a window.

Look for quick, easy to steal items. Stuff them into a conveniently found
suitcase, and try to get out without being noticed.

But, I don't really have much interest in breaking into a compressor, so I'd
stay home and not bother. Really, why would anyone want to break into a
compressor?

I hope that you have a day job. :)

Stormin Mormon[_7_] April 13th 12 01:36 AM

Break In

Well, I do, but the economy is slow. So, I'm learning humor.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Michael A. Terrell April 13th 12 03:29 AM

Break In

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Well, I do, but the economy is slow. So, I'm learning humor.

Good luck with that. Maybe you'd do better as a Don Rickles type? ;-)

Stormin Mormon[_7_] April 13th 12 07:44 AM

Break In

I'd do George Burns, but I'm allergic to tobacco.

Hey, there's a thought. If I did Don Rickles humor, I could call people
names, and be funny about it?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Bob La Londe[_2_] April 13th 12 06:30 PM

Break In

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I'd do George Burns, but I'm allergic to tobacco.

Hey, there's a thought. If I did Don Rickles humor, I could call people
names, and be funny about it?

"Yer a low life scum bag piece of excrement you a-hole. JUST KIDDING!"

Nah, I don't think that really works.

Stormin Mormon[_7_] April 13th 12 06:48 PM

Break In (and now! Don Rickles humor! Details at eleven.)

If I was as ugly as you, I'd bury my head in the sand, and light my butt on
fire with a bottle of beer and a match.

Should I keep my day job?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Bob La Londe[_2_] April 13th 12 09:12 PM

Break In (and now! Don Rickles humor! Details at eleven.)

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

If I was as ugly as you, I'd bury my head in the sand, and light my butt
on
fire with a bottle of beer and a match.

Yeah, I think so. You need to keep yer day job. Maybe you could go a
little more Dangerfield, but it really just doesn't work. Ok, maybe if you
drank a couple of those bottles of beer first...

Stormin Mormon[_7_] April 13th 12 10:40 PM

Break In (and now! Don Rickles humor! Details at eleven.)

OK if I put you down as a reference, when I apply for stand up jobs?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..