Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT web hosting OT

Anybody care to recommend a free web hosting service they like ? Ad
supported is going to probably be where I land , and that's OK too . I had
hosting with a paid service , but 10 bucks a month just ain't in the budget
right now , and the domain name is mine , I might as well put something up .

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message
Anybody care to recommend a free web hosting service they like ? Ad
supported is going to probably be where I land , and that's OK too . I had
hosting with a paid service , but 10 bucks a month just ain't in the
budget right now , and the domain name is mine , I might as well put
something up .

--
Snag
Learning keeps
you young !

Freeservers.com / 4t.com is the only one I still have anything to do with.
I have a fishing guide buddy I trade favors with, and I hosted his guide
service site there. At one time they took invasive advertising that tried
to load things like Gator, but I have not seen that type of thing in a long
time.

You can use their built in page builder, or you can build pages off line and
upload them. Doesn't support scripting of any kind. Don't even think it
supports SSI, but it does seem to work ok for basic static pages... and yes
its advertising supported. Don't recall what their storage limit is, but
its enough to run a basic site.

For all of my websites, I have an unlimited storage high bandwidth unlimited
domains account with IMHOSTED.com. I fought with them off and on, but
unlike other hosts who got worse, they seem to have gotten better and more
stable over time. I think I've been with them longer than any other hosting
service I've used over the years except 4t.com for free sites.

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snag[_3_] View Post
Anybody care to recommend a free web hosting service they like ? Ad
supported is going to probably be where I land , and that's OK too . I had
hosting with a paid service , but 10 bucks a month just ain't in the budget
right now , and the domain name is mine , I might as well put something up .

--
Snag
Learning keeps
you young !
I would suggest a paid hosting rather than a free web hosting service because if you opt for a free you will have many limitations regarding speed,support etc,.I would rather suggest you to opt for a cheaper one.You can get domain registration and hosting with a same provider like 9cubehosting.com where the cost starts at a price of $3.00 US Dollars.

Last edited by jupiter : January 29th 13 at 06:23 AM