Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Way OT - video editing software

I bought a Canon HD camcorder that came with Pixela editing software.
The editor worked for a while & now won't. So I'm looking for an
alternative. I just want the basics, primarily the ability to snip out
unwanted "footage". And it must handle HD, specifically mts file type.
I'm willing to pay, but not a lot.

Anybody have a good one? How about AVS4YOU - any experience with it?

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
I bought a Canon HD camcorder that came with Pixela editing software. The
editor worked for a while & now won't. So I'm looking for an alternative.
I just want the basics, primarily the ability to snip out unwanted
"footage". And it must handle HD, specifically mts file type. I'm willing
to pay, but not a lot.

Anybody have a good one? How about AVS4YOU - any experience with it?

Thanks,
Bob

Don't do much HD, but I mostly use Windows Movie Maker for quick and dirty
editing. Need a pretty decent computer to do HD editing though.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/12/2012 11:01 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
I bought a Canon HD camcorder that came with Pixela editing software.
The editor worked for a while & now won't. So I'm looking for an
alternative. I just want the basics, primarily the ability to snip out
unwanted "footage". And it must handle HD, specifically mts file type.
I'm willing to pay, but not a lot.

Anybody have a good one? How about AVS4YOU - any experience with it?

Thanks,
Bob

Don't do much HD, but I mostly use Windows Movie Maker for quick and
dirty editing. Need a pretty decent computer to do HD editing though.

Even Pixar has that problem.
Some scenes a single frame may take 3 hours to render...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/12/2012 7:48 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I bought a Canon HD camcorder that came with Pixela editing software.
The editor worked for a while & now won't. So I'm looking for an
alternative. I just want the basics, primarily the ability to snip out
unwanted "footage". And it must handle HD, specifically mts file type.
I'm willing to pay, but not a lot.

Anybody have a good one? How about AVS4YOU - any experience with it?

Thanks,
Bob

iMovie? know anyone with a Mac?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:48:30 -0400
Bob Engelhardt wrote:

I bought a Canon HD camcorder that came with Pixela editing software.
The editor worked for a while & now won't. So I'm looking for an
alternative. I just want the basics, primarily the ability to snip out
unwanted "footage". And it must handle HD, specifically mts file type.
I'm willing to pay, but not a lot.

Anybody have a good one? How about AVS4YOU - any experience with it?

Thanks,
Bob

Don't know if it will do what you want, but it doesn't cost anything:

http://www.virtualdub.org/

It use to run on my old NT4 Machine a couple years ago. Wasn't a lot of
"bloat" in the code.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b