Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Movie, "Red Tails"

I've recently seen a movie, entitled Red Tails. About the Negro
air men who fought over Italy.

What makes me wonder. The fighters and the bombers did
not appear to be able to talk with each other on the two way
radios. I'm curious what kind of radios they had. Tube sets? Was
that before transistors? Would the fighters and bombers be on
different frequencies?

Now days, I think most air planes have two radios, and one is
always set to the emergency freq. But, then, the cost of radios has
come down a bit.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org