DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Neat contraption (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/336608-neat-contraption.html)

steamer March 1st 12 05:25 PM

Neat contraption

--I think the guy made these; if they were available somewhere I'd
get some: http://www.mikeestee.com/portfolio/projects/cubeclamps/

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Steel, Stainless, Titanium:
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Guaranteed Uncertified Welding!

Bob Engelhardt March 1st 12 11:07 PM

Neat contraption

steamer wrote:
--I think the guy made these; if they were available somewhere I'd
get some: http://www.mikeestee.com/portfolio/projects/cubeclamps/

I dunno ... I'm sure that they work well for what he's doing, but
probably not for general use. Because the edges are held back 3/8" from
the corner. If it was modified to allow them to close, the screw would
have to have a hole for it.

And what is the brass collar/standoff for? Is the spring really
necessary. Or worth the extra part?

YMMV

Bob

Steve B[_12_] March 2nd 12 07:30 PM

Neat contraption

"steamer" wrote in message
--I think the guy made these; if they were available somewhere I'd
get some: http://www.mikeestee.com/portfolio/projects/cubeclamps/

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of them installed? Or, IS
that the installation? I get dizzy whenever I look at this and try to
mentally connect the dots, and imagine how they fit together.

TIA

Steve