Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Right sized communities post SHTF

After SHTF, it can be expected that population centers will be emptied
as the survivors disperse into the countryside. Once some sense of
stability returns, it will be natural for survivors to form new
villiages, towns and cities.

If you were designing a post SHTF community, what size would you have
a community be?

Where would it be?

What would it contain for resourses and services?

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:47:15 -0800, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

After SHTF, it can be expected that population centers will be emptied
as the survivors disperse into the countryside. Once some sense of
stability returns, it will be natural for survivors to form new
villiages, towns and cities.

If you were designing a post SHTF community, what size would you have a
community be?

Where would it be?

What would it contain for resourses and services?

If the S has really HTF, then no one will be designing the communities --
they'll just happen as they can.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
If you were designing a post SHTF community, what size would you have a
community be?

If the S has really HTF, then no one will be designing the communities --
they'll just happen as they can.

Communities formed at the best sites as America was settled. Research that
history.