Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Japan plans to scrap nuclear plants after 40 years

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 1/31/2012 11:13 AM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
The American agenda is to wean the Country off CO2 fuels and go with
better choices to lower CO2 levels.

TMT

What's wrong with carbon based fuels or C02? (THIS should to be good!)

What's really amazing is that Japan has no intention of dropping nuclear
power. I have relatives and friends living there and they have heard
only that they will be shutting down the OLD units as the newly built
ones come on line.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/1/2012 11:53 AM, Steve W. wrote:
Tom Gardner wrote:
On 1/31/2012 11:13 AM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
The American agenda is to wean the Country off CO2 fuels and go with
better choices to lower CO2 levels.

TMT

What's wrong with carbon based fuels or C02? (THIS should to be good!)

What's really amazing is that Japan has no intention of dropping nuclear
power. I have relatives and friends living there and they have heard
only that they will be shutting down the OLD units as the newly built
ones come on line.

Don't they have enough leftists in Japan? I don't suppose they would
take ours off our hands.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Probably a lot of great scrap opportunities...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 11:53:54 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 1/31/2012 11:13 AM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
The American agenda is to wean the Country off CO2 fuels

That's "carbon-based fuels", Too_Many_Twinkies.

and go with better choices to lower CO2 levels.

TMT

What's wrong with carbon based fuels or C02? (THIS should to be good!)

What's really amazing is that Japan has no intention of dropping nuclear
power. I have relatives and friends living there and they have heard
only that they will be shutting down the OLD units as the newly built
ones come on line.

Why is it amazing? Nuclear power is our ultimate source, but we still
have to work out the bugs. Coastal nuke plants which are NOT on high
hills can be problematic, as seen in Japan. Nuclear power is, and
should be, here to stay. Well, at least until we figure out how to
harness cold fusion or other nice sources. Here in the USA, we should
be building plants which recycle their fuel rods so the waste product
is considerably reduced.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

I agree with you. If Carter had kept his ass out of it we would not even
have a 10th of the waste material we have now. But since he signed the
order eliminating reprocessing fuel we're screwed until we get a
pro-nuke person and congress. Which won't happen.

Japan is planning new units and the last I had heard they were planning
on at least two reprocessing units as well. Solar and wind are both far
too expensive and undependable.

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 1/31/2012 11:13 AM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
The American agenda is to wean the Country off CO2 fuels and go with
better choices to lower CO2 levels.

TMT
What's wrong with carbon based fuels or C02? (THIS should to be good!)

What's really amazing is that Japan has no intention of dropping nuclear
power. I have relatives and friends living there and they have heard
only that they will be shutting down the OLD units as the newly built
ones come on line.

Don't they have enough leftists in Japan? I don't suppose they would
take ours off our hands.

Oh they have plenty BUT the media there isn't powered by leftists and
they actually post facts and news instead of opinions and fables like
most US news does. When someone speaks out with a bunch of crap in Japan
they get called on the carpet for it by the people.

If you want to see how the anti-nuke people speak out in Japan it's real
easy, Just look at the themes in Godjira type movies.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 1/31/2012 11:13 AM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
The American agenda is to wean the Country off CO2 fuels

That's "carbon-based fuels", Too_Many_Twinkies.

and go with better choices to lower CO2 levels.

TMT

What's wrong with carbon based fuels or C02? (THIS should to be good!)

What's really amazing is that Japan has no intention of dropping nuclear
power. I have relatives and friends living there and they have heard
only that they will be shutting down the OLD units as the newly built
ones come on line.

Why is it amazing? Nuclear power is our ultimate source, but we still
have to work out the bugs.

That isn't true (needing to work out bugs.) The only issues are siting,
and assignment of liability in the event of disaster. The technical
details of nuclear power plant operation are well understood.

Coastal nuke plants which are NOT on high
hills can be problematic, as seen in Japan. Nuclear power is, and
should be, here to stay. Well, at least until we figure out how to
harness cold fusion or other nice sources. Here in the USA, we should
be building plants which recycle their fuel rods so the waste product
is considerably reduced.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

Steve W.- Hide quoted text -

LOL...Steve you are so damn ignorant on this subject it is running out
of your ears.

Go educate yourself on the new normal in Japan.

Nuke is DEAD.

TMT