Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default WTB/Trade/Swap Holster for Ruger 7.5" Old Model Army

On Jan 16, 7:54*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
Ive had one for years, never did get around to finding a holster.
Checked Ebay tonight..nada, Gun Broker and Auction Arms..1 holster and
its for the 5"

Anyone got a rig kicking around for a 7 1/2" Old Model Army (Ruger) with
Adjustable sights?

Im right handed..so strong side or cross draw would be fine. Nothing
fancy..nothing expensive..but it does need to be leather.

A black powder revolver in ballistic nylon???? No way dude!

Grin

Thanks guys

Gunner

Wouldn't a holster for a Blackhawk or Super Blackhawk work? Frame is
just about the same, just needs a little extra clearance for the
rammer. I haven't ever seen one expressly made for an Old Army,
though, even after 40 years of gun shows. Dixie might have something,
though, maybe in a flap holster.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:51:42 -0800 (PST), Stanley Schaefer
wrote:

[...]

No, unfortunately. I have holsters for the SuperBlackHawks..and they
simply dont fit. The barrel on mine is 7 1/2" so a closed bottom holster
wont fit unless its for an 8" barrel, and then the fiddly bits dont fit.
Its actually a rather big pistol, surprisingly enough.

Ruger sells flap holsters..they used to anyways, and Dixie and a host of
other sellers and makers have holsters for the Army..but the prices
start about $95 and go up from there.

Im hoping to find a cheap used one somewhere, or a holster that nobody
wants.

Ive got a couple clothes baskets full of holsters ..some of which are
decent LEFThanded holsters which I wound up with in buying bulk lots
that I have absolutely no use for. So there are guys like me out there.
Im sure someone has one..I just need to find him....chuckle.

Gunner

Gunner Asch