Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Karl -- Bought a semi tractor Ford L9000

1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. I think that
they kept it inside their garage.

http://www.gaonlineauction.com/cgi-b...e5/350/showall

I got a couple of questions.

First, I do not know how to drive anything with a stick shift. How
hard is it to learn to drive this truck, with all those stick shifts,
air brakes etc?

Second, is it possible or not to add a "wet" hookup to it, in case if
I ever get a Landoll type of trailer with a hydraulic winch.

Third, is it correct to assume that I must obtain insurance on it
prior to even driving it to my place? (seems to be a yes)

Thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus6358" wrote in message
1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. I think that
they kept it inside their garage.

http://www.gaonlineauction.com/cgi-b...e5/350/showall

I got a couple of questions.

First, I do not know how to drive anything with a stick shift. How
hard is it to learn to drive this truck, with all those stick shifts,
air brakes etc?

Second, is it possible or not to add a "wet" hookup to it, in case if
I ever get a Landoll type of trailer with a hydraulic winch.

Third, is it correct to assume that I must obtain insurance on it
prior to even driving it to my place? (seems to be a yes)

Thanks

Insurance is a must have before you move the tractor.
A quick inspection by a mechanic before you drive it
is a good idea.

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:18:25 -0800, "azotic"
wrote:

"Ignoramus6358" wrote in message
m...
1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. I think that
they kept it inside their garage.

http://www.gaonlineauction.com/cgi-b...e5/350/showall

I got a couple of questions.

First, I do not know how to drive anything with a stick shift. How
hard is it to learn to drive this truck, with all those stick shifts,
air brakes etc?

Second, is it possible or not to add a "wet" hookup to it, in case if
I ever get a Landoll type of trailer with a hydraulic winch.

Third, is it correct to assume that I must obtain insurance on it
prior to even driving it to my place? (seems to be a yes)

Thanks

Insurance is a must have before you move the tractor.
A quick inspection by a mechanic before you drive it
is a good idea.

Best Regards
Tom.

And you will need your air brake endorsement on your licence. And a
licence to drive a semi, or articulated truck.Don't know what the
licence is called stateside, but here you would need an AZ licence for
that rig.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus6358" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Here it is called a CDL.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news:z6idnRd8eb7wjZDSnZ2dnUVZ_oGdnZ2d@giganews. com...
[...]

With air endorsement.?
Up here you have A forSemi transport, B for coach, D for straight
truck , G for passenger and light truck - and Z added to each for air
brakes.
Then there is M for Motorcycle, ML for limitited speed motorcycle, and
a few others.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11,
wrote:

[...]

A (semi) always includes air brakes here I believe, B (straight truck) I
believe is the one that may or may not include air brakes. C (regular
car/van/pickup) as CDL only exists for placardable vehicles (hazmat). M
is an add on motorcycle class.

I have a class AM license with TX endorsements and AP restriction.
T=double/triple, X=tank and hazmat, A=corrective lenses (contacts),
P=hazmat endorsement expiration different from license expiration (1yr
sooner).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, azotic wrote:

"Ignoramus6358" wrote in message
1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. I think that
they kept it inside their garage.

http://www.gaonlineauction.com/cgi-b...e5/350/showall

I got a couple of questions.

First, I do not know how to drive anything with a stick shift. How
hard is it to learn to drive this truck, with all those stick shifts,
air brakes etc?

Second, is it possible or not to add a "wet" hookup to it, in case if
I ever get a Landoll type of trailer with a hydraulic winch.

Third, is it correct to assume that I must obtain insurance on it
prior to even driving it to my place? (seems to be a yes)

Thanks

Insurance is a must have before you move the tractor.
A quick inspection by a mechanic before you drive it
is a good idea.

OK, thanks. Very exciting.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, Ignoramus6358 wrote:
1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. I think that
they kept it inside their garage.

http://www.gaonlineauction.com/cgi-b...e5/350/showall

Also, can such a tractor tow a low boy trailer with a pintly hitch?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 23:28:43 -0600, Ignoramus6358

On 2012-01-11, Ignoramus6358 wrote:
1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. I think that
they kept it inside their garage.

http://www.gaonlineauction.com/cgi-b...e5/350/showall

You dog. Now I'm really ****ed at you. I noticed the mn in the url.
Was this auction in my part of the world?

I suggest that you get used to the tractor alone without trailer on
back roads (if there is such a thing in Chi land). That's a lot a rig
for an FNG.

Also, can such a tractor tow a low boy trailer with a pintly hitch?

I suppose you *could* put a pintle hitch on the tractor. But it would
be really stupid with less manuverablity and less weight capacity. And
you'd paint a target on your back for the law.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, Ignoramus6358 wrote:
1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. I think that
they kept it inside their garage.

http://www.gaonlineauction.com/cgi-b...e5/350/showall

You dog. Now I'm really ****ed at you. I noticed the mn in the url.
Was this auction in my part of the world?

No, here in Chicago.

I suggest that you get used to the tractor alone without trailer on
back roads (if there is such a thing in Chi land). That's a lot a rig
for an FNG.

I have enough land that I own, near the warehouse, to practice driving.

Also, can such a tractor tow a low boy trailer with a pintly hitch?

I suppose you *could* put a pintle hitch on the tractor. But it would
be really stupid with less manuverablity and less weight capacity. And
you'd paint a target on your back for the law.

OK... thanks a lot!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, Ignoramus6358 wrote:
1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. I think that
they kept it inside their garage.

http://www.gaonlineauction.com/cgi-b...e5/350/showall

Also, can such a tractor tow a low boy trailer with a pintly hitch?

If the frame is equipped with a pintle hitch, yes.
And if you remove the fifth wheel the D Z licence here in Ontario
would suffice instead of the AZ.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus6358 wrote:
1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. I think that
they kept it inside their garage.

http://www.gaonlineauction.com/cgi-b...e5/350/showall

I got a couple of questions.

First, I do not know how to drive anything with a stick shift. How
hard is it to learn to drive this truck, with all those stick shifts,
air brakes etc?

Not real hard BUT it does take a fair amount of practice to do it well.
Hope you have your CDL, driving one without that can get you big money
trouble.

Second, is it possible or not to add a "wet" hookup to it, in case if
I ever get a Landoll type of trailer with a hydraulic winch.

Sure. Wet lines are nothing more than PTO driven hydraulic pumps.

Third, is it correct to assume that I must obtain insurance on it
prior to even driving it to my place? (seems to be a yes)

Yep, you need insurance and if you plan on using it for business you
want insurance for the trailer and cargo.

Thanks

Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. I think that
they kept it inside their garage.

http://www.gaonlineauction.com/cgi-b...e5/350/showall

I got a couple of questions.

First, I do not know how to drive anything with a stick shift. How
hard is it to learn to drive this truck, with all those stick shifts,
air brakes etc?

Air brakes are simple enough, but a bit touchy. CDL wise you mostly need
to be able to understand the system and the required pre-trip safety
checks of slack adjusters and air pressure build and leakdown rates.

Driving a manual isn't that difficult, but the semis are slightly
different with double clutching vs. a typical manual pickup. The CDL
books should have a decent explanation on shifting. If you can rent a
semi with a semi-automatic transmission for your CDL road test it's a
good idea, one less thing to worry about on the test. The
semi-automatics are a bit of a hybrid, really they are a manual
transmission with computer control. You still have a clutch, but you
only use it when starting and stopping, after that the computer
power-shifts for you. Pretty neat really, the convenience of an auto and
the efficiency of a manual.

If you can I'd recommend learning to drive a manual on a pickup first
since it will be a bit more forgiving of missed shifts and whatnot while
you practice. I taught a friend how to drive a manual on my old pickup
in a couple hours, and with that truck it didn't care if he missed and
wend from 2nd to 5th when starting out. Normally you won't use the
lowest gear(s) at all unless you are pulling a load, i.e. start in 2nd.

Second, is it possible or not to add a "wet" hookup to it, in case if
I ever get a Landoll type of trailer with a hydraulic winch.

A wet line setup is simple enough to add, just a PTO powered hydraulic
pump. The Landoll type trailers I've seen all had onboard engines for
the hydraulics though.

Third, is it correct to assume that I must obtain insurance on it
prior to even driving it to my place? (seems to be a yes)

Insurance, registration and state inspections I expect. Don't skimp, the
fines would be big. The insurance won't be cheap either and your regular
insurance agent will most likely be clueless. Search online on truckers
sites for insurance companies that specialize in commercial insurance.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/11/2012 4:22 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

[...]

If you just want to get it to your place, get it towed. No licensing,
insurance, etc. Just pay the towing co.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. ...

If you just want to get it to your place, get it towed. No licensing,
insurance, etc. Just pay the towing co.

That, or find a buddy who has his CDL.

You don't have any alternative unless they're going to store it until
you can get your CDL which isn't going to be overnight.

It's one of those things that the possibilities of consequences are
simply too great to risk trying to teach yourself how to get it home on
your own as a first experiment lacking past experience. If anything
were to happen they'd throw the book at you (rightfully) and it's too
big of a piece of gear that if you did have a problem the risk to others
is too high as well.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. ...

If you just want to get it to your place, get it towed. No licensing,
insurance, etc. Just pay the towing co.

That, or find a buddy who has his CDL.

How will that help? He still will need insurance, registration and
inspection on the truck before anyone cam move it other than towing it.

You don't have any alternative unless they're going to store it until
you can get your CDL which isn't going to be overnight.

He could get his CDL in a week or so if he wants, but he still needs the
insurance, reg and inspection for the truck.

It's one of those things that the possibilities of consequences are
simply too great to risk trying to teach yourself how to get it home on
your own as a first experiment lacking past experience. If anything
were to happen they'd throw the book at you (rightfully) and it's too
big of a piece of gear that if you did have a problem the risk to others
is too high as well.

Certainly not a good idea in the nanny state Iggy is in. Somewhere like
TX he would be more likely to get yelled at and have to tow it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 1/11/2012 10:02 AM, Pete C. wrote:
dpb wrote:

That, or find a buddy who has his CDL.

How will that help? He still will need insurance, registration and
inspection on the truck before anyone cam move it other than towing it.

Sure, he needs to find out what he's got to have done before a temporary
move; generally there are provisions in State statutes to deal w/ such
things. That he's not a licensed driver for the class of vehicle isn't
one he can massage around, though.

Simply another possibility to evaluate in his quest to get the sucker
home...Iggy is fully capable of assessing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. ...

If you just want to get it to your place, get it towed. No licensing,
insurance, etc. Just pay the towing co.

That, or find a buddy who has his CDL.

How will that help? He still will need insurance, registration and
inspection on the truck before anyone cam move it other than towing it.

You don't have any alternative unless they're going to store it until
you can get your CDL which isn't going to be overnight.

He could get his CDL in a week or so if he wants, but he still needs the
insurance, reg and inspection for the truck.

I believe that the truck is current for inspection, having a 6/12
sticker.

It's one of those things that the possibilities of consequences are
simply too great to risk trying to teach yourself how to get it home on
your own as a first experiment lacking past experience. If anything
were to happen they'd throw the book at you (rightfully) and it's too
big of a piece of gear that if you did have a problem the risk to others
is too high as well.

Certainly not a good idea in the nanny state Iggy is in. Somewhere like
TX he would be more likely to get yelled at and have to tow it.

Still not a good idea.

What if I find a CDL driver to drive it for me, though. Would it not
be covered by his insurance?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus6358 wrote:
1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. ...

If you just want to get it to your place, get it towed. No licensing,
insurance, etc. Just pay the towing co.

That, or find a buddy who has his CDL.

You don't have any alternative unless they're going to store it until
you can get your CDL which isn't going to be overnight.

It's one of those things that the possibilities of consequences are
simply too great to risk trying to teach yourself how to get it home on
your own as a first experiment lacking past experience. If anything
were to happen they'd throw the book at you (rightfully) and it's too
big of a piece of gear that if you did have a problem the risk to others
is too high as well.

--

Friend with a CDL and a temp transporter tag could get it "home". After
that it's, Insurance, Registration (with DOT number on the sides),

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus6358 wrote:
[...]

And when Iggy gets his CDL, medical certificate, log books, fuel tax
logs, etc.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus6358 wrote:
[...]

What is that transporter tag?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. ...

If you just want to get it to your place, get it towed. No licensing,
insurance, etc. Just pay the towing co.

That, or find a buddy who has his CDL.

You don't have any alternative unless they're going to store it until
you can get your CDL which isn't going to be overnight.

This is the plan. I will store it (and learn to drive on my property),
until I get a trailer, which could be a while, depending on my luck
in finding a good trailer at a price that I like.

It's one of those things that the possibilities of consequences are
simply too great to risk trying to teach yourself how to get it home on
your own as a first experiment lacking past experience. If anything
were to happen they'd throw the book at you (rightfully) and it's too
big of a piece of gear that if you did have a problem the risk to others
is too high as well.

Well I would not try to drive it in any case, but I was considering
getting someone to drive it for me.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

[...]

Exactly what I will do.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I will have it towed, one way or another, and then I will take
my time with it.

I do not see any point in paying insurance for it until I find a
trailer, anyway, which could be a while.

I will find some unemployed CDL holder, to teach me how to drive this
truck, on my own property.

The truck has a current registration sticker until 6/12. The company
took good care of it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

[...]

That will be the easiest.

I do not see any point in paying insurance for it until I find a
trailer, anyway, which could be a while.

Trailers can be rented, which is particularly advantageous when you need
a specialized trailer now and then. There are a number of rental/leasing
companies you can get trailers from.

I will find some unemployed CDL holder, to teach me how to drive this
truck, on my own property.

Really, just study the books (you got the Bumper to Bumper book,
right?), take the DMV written test and get your learners permit, then
rent a truck for your road test. The place you rent the truck from will
provide the truck, insurance, meet you at the DMV early, give you an
hour or so of on the road instruction on the actual DMV road test route,
then you do your road test and hopefully pass. That's what I did, and it
cost $650 which included retest assurance where if I didn't pass, it
wouldn't cost extra to do another day. It's not that difficult or
expensive really.

The truck has a current registration sticker until 6/12. The company
took good care of it.

Yes, it looks like it. It may be old year wise, but the mileage is very
low and it does indeed look like they kept it garaged. It looks like you
got a very good deal on the truck, you just have to sort out the rest of
the headaches that go around owning and operating a CMV. Fuel tax is one
to watch out for, there may be exemptions for small operations, but
normally semis get untaxed fuel at truck stops and they report and pay
fuel tax to each state they drive in based on the miles driven in that
state per their logs.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

[...]

BTW, the guy from the CDL road test truck rental place said that the
truck ran about $26k/yr for reg, inspections, insurance and whatnot. I
presume some of that relates to the extra risk of operating a training
truck with new drivers, but at any rate it isn't cheap.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

[...]

Well, I do not know if this is comparable, they are using it daily and
it is driven by people who do not know how to drive it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

[...]

Yes, but the point is it likely won't be cheap regardless, and you will
have to work carefully to get the agent to understand your actual
limited use without getting them confused. You're moving off lots of
equipment from auctions to your shop a few times a month mostly I'd
think, probably well under 5,000mi/mo. If you do any delivery of the
larger machines I think that will expose you to much greater liability
and thus higher costs, vs. just bringing stuff you've purchased to your
shop.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 06:12:51 -0600, Ignoramus13479

On 2012-01-11, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

[...]

And you currently fit that description. You have no Class A driving
experience and no commmercial insurance record so you will be in the
UBER-HIGH rate class.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, Pete wrote:

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

[...]

Don't judge the mileage by the odometer. Look at the upholstery to see
if it looks like the mileage is real. Are both seats identical
upholstery? The pictures show the driver's seat to be in great
condition. Perhaps too good? Have the seats been replaced?

Paul

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, Pete wrote:

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

[...]

They would not wind the odometer.

I saw the truck today, but I will not take possession until 1/30
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/11/2012 7:58 PM, Ignoramus8177 wrote:

Don't judge the mileage by the odometer. Look at the upholstery to see
if it looks like the mileage is real. Are both seats identical
upholstery? The pictures show the driver's seat to be in great
condition. Perhaps too good? Have the seats been replaced?

Paul

They would not wind the odometer.

I saw the truck today, but I will not take possession until 1/30

Perhaps not. It's curious that the only instrument without it's original
bezel is the speedometer/odometer.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, Pete wrote:

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

[...]

The first thing I noticed was the speedo didn't seem to fit - like it
had been replaced with something different - but then I noticed the
bezel on the other instrument - missing on the speedo, which DOES look
original. I would suspect it was a local delivery truck, used for
trade shows etc, and that the mileage IS original.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, Pete wrote:

Ignoramus6358 wrote:

[...]

I would be shocked if the Morse Calipers company would mess with the
odometer at the time of closing. It would be so out of the
ordinary.

It is not some asshole shade tree used car dealer, you know.

They indeed used it for deliveries and stuff of that sort, for
corporate business. They maintained everything on a PM schedule.

It may have problems, of course, but doubtfully a tampered odometer.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Something of a Catch-22: you need a license to drive it and you need to
drive it (practice) to get a license. Oh, you could go to a big-rig
school - expensive, probably.

Better would be to have it towed to your place where you could practice
on your own land without a license. How much could towing be?

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Something of a Catch-22: you need a license to drive it and you need to
drive it (practice) to get a license. Oh, you could go to a big-rig
school - expensive, probably.

Not really, you can readily rent a semi for your CDL road test. When you
do your written test and get your instruction permit the semi rental
place will normally meet up with you early and give you an hour of
instruction and road practice before you take your road test.

Better would be to have it towed to your place where you could practice
on your own land without a license. How much could towing be?

Definitely will need to have it towed to his place, getting his CDL and
more importantly the necessary insurance and inspections will take far
longer than he is likely to be able to leave the truck at it's current
location.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:08:45 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Something of a Catch-22: you need a license to drive it and you need to
drive it (practice) to get a license. Oh, you could go to a big-rig
school - expensive, probably.

Not really, you can readily rent a semi for your CDL road test. When you
do your written test and get your instruction permit the semi rental
place will normally meet up with you early and give you an hour of
instruction and road practice before you take your road test.

Better would be to have it towed to your place where you could practice
on your own land without a license. How much could towing be?

Definitely will need to have it towed to his place, getting his CDL and
more importantly the necessary insurance and inspections will take far
longer than he is likely to be able to leave the truck at it's current
location.

Depending on the seller's situation - they will often deliver the
vehicle on their licence and insurance before processing the transfer.
Worth asking.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus6358" wrote in message
1984 Ford L9000, two rear axles, 374,000 miles, $2,300. I think that
they kept it inside their garage.

http://www.gaonlineauction.com/cgi-b...e5/350/showall

Clean truck.

I got a couple of questions.

First, I do not know how to drive anything with a stick shift. How
hard is it to learn to drive this truck, with all those stick shifts,
air brakes etc?

It's easy to do anything with a few thousand hours of practice. You have
chosen a fairly complicated starter project. Can't drive a stick shift?
What's up with that? Driving this size rig with trailer in the traffic in
your town is going to be "fun". There's a lot of handles, shifters, brakes,
clutch, mirrors, lots of things to keep up with at once. This size truck
will probably require a CDL (commercial driver's license), and those require
some special tests ....... medical, ....... driving ........... written
........ maybe more. Oh yeah, and a chunk of cash. Figure on backing up a
full sized trailer for the driving test. Or go to your local DMV, and they
will have all that info. What I said was just a guess from my experiences.
YMMV.

Second, is it possible or not to add a "wet" hookup to it, in case if
I ever get a Landoll type of trailer with a hydraulic winch.

Third, is it correct to assume that I must obtain insurance on it
prior to even driving it to my place? (seems to be a yes)

Be sure by calling your agent. Some insurance companies will have a grace
period for you from the time you take posession until XX days later to get
them the info. The earlier the better. Before starting the thing is the
best. You can do it with a phone call, and they will either tell you you're
covered, or you can give them the vin, and they will write it up. Just be
sure before you stick the key in it.

Thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:

[...]

It's a class 8 truck, it's absolutely CDL class A. We discussed the
process of getting a CDL a while back, it's not that bad really, though
it does vary a bit from state to state. I got my class A CDL w/double,
triple, tank and hazmat endorsements without much difficulty and without
going to a CDL school.

Second, is it possible or not to add a "wet" hookup to it, in case if
I ever get a Landoll type of trailer with a hydraulic winch.

Third, is it correct to assume that I must obtain insurance on it
prior to even driving it to my place? (seems to be a yes)

Be sure by calling your agent. Some insurance companies will have a grace
period for you from the time you take posession until XX days later to get
them the info. The earlier the better. Before starting the thing is the
best. You can do it with a phone call, and they will either tell you you're
covered, or you can give them the vin, and they will write it up. Just be
sure before you stick the key in it.

No consumer line insurance agent is going to touch or have a clue about
a class 8 CMV. There is no grace period on your personal insurance that
will cover getting a class 8 CMV like it covers getting a new car or
pickup. Iggy is going to need to get commercial insurance under his
company from an insurance company familiar with class 8 trucks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-11, Pete C. wrote:

Steve B wrote:

[...]

Any idea how much that would cost, I know that it is a dumb question,
too many variables, but still.