Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Asong as-250 parts

I have a blown transistor (mosfet?) on my as-250 control board. No
real identifying markings that I can see. Anyone know what this is?

additionally, anyone have any good boards?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article
,
sspence wrote:

I have a blown transistor (mosfet?) on my as-250 control board. No
real identifying markings that I can see. Anyone know what this is?

additionally, anyone have any good boards?

I think there are some parts vendors. I recall finding them when I was
looking, but I no longer recall where. I had problems with the speed
control pot burning out, so I replaced it with a wirewound pot, which
worked for a while, then it too died. The circuit diagram provided with
the unit is useless, neither matching the board (just count the devices
on the board and in the schematic - no match) and impossible (the
schematic is nonsense).

I'm replacing the Asong with Servo's made-in-Taiwan power feed.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I don' have any specific info wrt that power feed brand/model or the
specific part, however.. many recently made semiconductor packages are
marked with a fine laser etching which is nearly invisible at certain angles
of view and/or lighting conditions.. if the body material is still intact.

You might be able to see the component markings on the body by moving a
light around the component while viewing from different angles.

Some manufacturers still abrade the component bodies to remove the original
markings, which can present an additional hurdle, but that doesn't indicate
that the unit can't be repaired, it just becomes a bit more complicated.

The datasheets and component specs for most common semis can be found with a
search engine and a component type number (sometimes by ommitting a couple
of prefix or suffix letters in the search).

Locating and studying a datasheet's info often presents the option of
choosing a replacement component of the same type, physical size and pinout,
but with slightly greater performance parameters.

--
WB

"sspence" wrote in message
I have a blown transistor (mosfet?) on my as-250 control board. No
real identifying markings that I can see. Anyone know what this is?

additionally, anyone have any good boards?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Can't quite see it from here. Hold it closer to the screen.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"sspence" wrote in message
I have a blown transistor (mosfet?) on my as-250 control board. No
real identifying markings that I can see. Anyone know what this is?

additionally, anyone have any good boards?

Repair of an Asong AS-250 X-axis power feed Joseph Gwinn Metalworking 9 February 7th 16 06:26 PM
TV REPAIR CRTS, PCBS, PARTS, NEW UNUSED PARTS FOR SALE, MAKE US A OFFER, WE CAN SHIP WITH-IN 24 HOURS User Electronics Repair 7 December 19th 05 03:31 PM
ASONG AS-235 x-axis Jim Metalworking 0 September 16th 05 08:35 PM
WTB: A3951SW Allegro parts up to 100 parts futurebots Electronics Repair 0 November 30th 03 04:16 AM