Old December 2nd 11, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wow, this guy looks like Bush in a face shot and Schwarzenegger inprofile shot

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...7.photogallery

Old December 2nd 11, 06:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wow, this guy looks like Obama

http://www.hshartampa.org/Whats%20th...nure%20002.jpg

Old December 2nd 11, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 21:18:22 -0600, Ignoramus19744
wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...7.photogallery

That brought up the mugshot gallery. I'm guessing you were referring
to #9. Yes, there are similarities, but I might not have thought that
if you hadn't mentioned it. All the guys are scary, as are most of
the girls, but some of the dealerettes are babes.

Hmmm, why cruise the mugshots?

--
Intuition isn't the enemy, but the ally, of reason.
-- John Kord Lagemann
Old December 2nd 11, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...7.photogallery

That brought up the mugshot gallery. I'm guessing you were referring
to #9. Yes, there are similarities, but I might not have thought that
if you hadn't mentioned it. All the guys are scary, as are most of
the girls, but some of the dealerettes are babes.

Hmmm, why cruise the mugshots?

--
Intuition isn't the enemy, but the ally, of reason.
-- John Kord Lagemann

Did you like the mug shot of Obama I found?

Old December 2nd 11, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...7.photogallery

That brought up the mugshot gallery. I'm guessing you were referring
to #9. Yes, there are similarities, but I might not have thought that
if you hadn't mentioned it. All the guys are scary, as are most of
the girls, but some of the dealerettes are babes.

Hmmm, why cruise the mugshots?

I was bored

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mugshot.jpg

Old December 2nd 11, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Why are you dissing horse****, Tawm?

Old December 2nd 11, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...7.photogallery

That brought up the mugshot gallery. I'm guessing you were referring
to #9. Yes, there are similarities, but I might not have thought that
if you hadn't mentioned it. All the guys are scary, as are most of
the girls, but some of the dealerettes are babes.

Hmmm, why cruise the mugshots?

I was bored

I guess it could get boring in between windfall profittaking ventures.
ho hum

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mugshot.jpg

Yeah, that's the one I thought.

Old December 3rd 11, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...7.photogallery

That brought up the mugshot gallery. I'm guessing you were referring
to #9. Yes, there are similarities, but I might not have thought that
if you hadn't mentioned it. All the guys are scary, as are most of
the girls, but some of the dealerettes are babes.

Hmmm, why cruise the mugshots?

I was bored

I guess it could get boring in between windfall profittaking ventures.
ho hum

Things are very slow right now.

Old December 3rd 11, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus19716 fired this volley in
news
Things are very slow right now.

With the inventory you list (I hope a lot of it is "spec", and not in
your warehouse!), you should have a running business... a sale every
week! (bleh!)

THIS area is not an industrial one, and not much for HSMs, either. The
only local machinery dealer is presently going broke stocking a warehouse
full of pretty nice stuff, just waiting for buyers.

I hope your area is more full of people with an entrepeneurial spirit.
My quitting my job to go solo has drawn a lot of blank stares from my
peers.

LLoyd
Old December 3rd 11, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-12-03, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus19716 fired this volley in
news
Things are very slow right now.

With the inventory you list (I hope a lot of it is "spec", and not in
your warehouse!), you should have a running business... a sale every
week! (bleh!)

THIS area is not an industrial one, and not much for HSMs, either. The
only local machinery dealer is presently going broke stocking a warehouse
full of pretty nice stuff, just waiting for buyers.

I hope your area is more full of people with an entrepeneurial spirit.
My quitting my job to go solo has drawn a lot of blank stares from my
peers.

LLoyd

Lloyd, I sell about 10 things per day. Most are pretty small, of
course. I would like to sell about 30 per day, but it proves
hard. Say, today I wasted almost my whole day on that skid steer story
(see another thread and my today's post).

I think that the business model of operating a local machinery
"storefront" is no longer viable. The "storefront" has 1/1000th of
buyers available to an internet store, more overhead, and cannot
compete with Internet based machinery buyers.

working for yourself. Knowing you, I am sure that you will do
fine. My own focus right now is on not doing anything stupid that
would ruin my business, this is consideration #1 and profit is
consideration #2. Expanding on the above, I put financial conservatism
above profit making, at the moment.

Top Shot Steve Ackman Metalworking 0 June 8th 10 01:09 AM
OT How to get shot William Wixon Metalworking 1 October 9th 09 08:47 PM
How to get shot Don Foreman Metalworking 0 October 7th 09 06:28 AM
Bush joke (parting shot) David Nebenzahl Home Repair 224 June 27th 09 07:10 PM
One shot Broderick Crawford[_2_] Electronics 6 July 31st 07 04:54 AM