Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default storm damage / tree sawing

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:42:04 -0700, "Bruce L. Bergman (munged human
readable)" wrote:

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 13:16:14 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd be one of the chain saw crew. Don't drink alcohol, and
love to play with my toys.

What we cut up and piled beside the pavement to clear our street
filled two large dump trucks. Then the county had a huge open burn pit
to get rid of all the downed trees. It had a roaring fire for over six
months.

What a waste of perfectly good firewood...

The City could have paid a Crew to section it up, split it, and stack
it by species at the back of the Street Maintenance yard. Give it the
summer to season, then paid the crew and put something back in the
budget out of the proceeds from the wood.

But that would take thought and reasoning, and the ability to act when
you see an opportunity - several things in short supply today.

No kidding. But spending $1000 worth of labor this year for $10,000
profit next year isn't in this year's budget. City and county workers
don't care what something costs. The gummint pays for it. shrug
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

--
The human brain is unique in that it is the only container of which
it can be said that the more you put into it, the more it will hold.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

During the Clinton years, I remember a story about a boy who
had a lawn mowing service. He amassed some money. He was on
the news, offering Slick Willie a thouand dollars to help
with the deficit. Rush was having a fit, he should hire
help and reinvest in the economy, not rewarding congress
that can't live within its means.

I remember Pres. Clit saying they would have to "see if we
can accept this money".

Much the same, the highway dept probably can't accept such
funds.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message news On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:42:04 -0700, "Bruce L. Bergman
(munged human