Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I must be a dunce...

....But I can't find what I'm looking for at MSC or McMaster.

A customer needs to drill a #30 hole (0.1285") and then countersink for a
120 degree rivet head (60 degree countersink I presume).

Anyone know if they make a drill - countersink combination like that or even
one of those little countersink attachments for a #30 drill?

I see the 0.127" countersink at MSC, but the angle is 82 degrees.

I see the attachments at McMaster for drill bits, but none for #30 tooling.

Bah... I need a vacation. It must be right in front of me and I just can't
see it...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:38:02 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

...But I can't find what I'm looking for at MSC or McMaster.

A customer needs to drill a #30 hole (0.1285") and then countersink for a
120 degree rivet head (60 degree countersink I presume).

Anyone know if they make a drill - countersink combination like that or even
one of those little countersink attachments for a #30 drill?

I see the 0.127" countersink at MSC, but the angle is 82 degrees.

I see the attachments at McMaster for drill bits, but none for #30 tooling.

Bah... I need a vacation. It must be right in front of me and I just can't
see it...

I suppose a #4 center drill is too small, and a 4-1/2 is too big?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

call your local T&C grinding shop

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus20025" wrote in message
call your local T&C grinding shop

Unfortunately, he wants off the shelf...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

...But I can't find what I'm looking for at MSC or McMaster.

A customer needs to drill a #30 hole (0.1285") and then countersink for a
120 degree rivet head (60 degree countersink I presume).

Anyone know if they make a drill - countersink combination like that or
even one of those little countersink attachments for a #30 drill?

I see the 0.127" countersink at MSC, but the angle is 82 degrees.

I see the attachments at McMaster for drill bits, but none for #30
tooling.

Bah... I need a vacation. It must be right in front of me and I just
can't see it...

Why not just a plain ol' ordinary everyday run-of-the-mill
seen-one-seen-'em-all 60 degree countersink?

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rich Grise fired this volley in news:j2jv31$7ek
:

Why not just a plain ol' ordinary everyday run-of-the-mill
seen-one-seen-'em-all 60 degree countersink?

He wants to do it in one drilling operation.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Rich Grise fired this volley in

Why not just a plain ol' ordinary everyday run-of-the-mill
seen-one-seen-'em-all 60 degree countersink?

He wants to do it in one drilling operation.

I've seen drill "bits" that were designed to drill pilot holes in
wood for wood screws, but they're like a stamped piece of metal
plate, like a spade drill. And I seriously doubt if anyone's
producing them for a #30 hole.

If you have a production run of parts, it might be worthwhile
to have a custom cutter made.

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
So with a counter sink now all you have to do is drill a hole in it
and then determine a set screw or other clamping.

Martin

The customer is purchasing a five spindle drilling head to mount on a drill
press. They want to make five holes and coutnersink them in a single
stroke. ...Which is no problem except for the fact that it looks like he
may have to find the custom tooling.

--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
...But I can't find what I'm looking for at MSC or McMaster.

A customer needs to drill a #30 hole (0.1285") and then countersink for a
120 degree rivet head (60 degree countersink I presume).

Anyone know if they make a drill - countersink combination like that or
even one of those little countersink attachments for a #30 drill?

I see the 0.127" countersink at MSC, but the angle is 82 degrees.

I see the attachments at McMaster for drill bits, but none for #30
tooling.

Bah... I need a vacation. It must be right in front of me and I just
can't see it...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

He is probably using 1/8" countersunk poprivets.
That's aircraft stuff
Check here;
http://www.atitools.com/ATICatalog20...unter_2010.pdf

Generally these have solid pilots. But you may be able to get one for an
1/8" replaceable pilot and have the #30 drill shanks ground down to fit.

Paul K. Dickman

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
So with a counter sink now all you have to do is drill a hole in it
and then determine a set screw or other clamping.

The customer is purchasing a five spindle drilling head to mount on a
drill
press. They want to make five holes and coutnersink them in a single
stroke. ...Which is no problem except for the fact that it looks like he
may have to find the custom tooling.

Where are you at? I work at a job shop that does small custom runs:
http://www.abiengr.com

Tell 'em Rich sent you. :-)

Cheers!
Rich