Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mystery follow rest?

I got something odd here. Any idea what his may be for? It looks like
a follow rest.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mystery-Follow-Rest/

Thanks!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 00:29:33 -0500, Ignoramus1032
wrote:

I got something odd here. Any idea what his may be for? It looks like
a follow rest.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mystery-Follow-Rest/

Thanks!!!

The color matches some of the older Clausing lathes.

What is the size of the thingy?

--
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry
capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I got something odd here. Any idea what his may be for? It looks like
a follow rest.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mystery-Follow-Rest/

Thanks!!!

The color matches some of the older Clausing lathes.

What is the size of the thingy?

Someone on PM suggested that this is for a Pratt and Whitney lathe.

Look on the floor under the lathe.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/pratt%26whitney/page2.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I got something odd here. Any idea what his may be for? It looks like
a follow rest.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mystery-Follow-Rest/

Thanks!!!

The color matches some of the older Clausing lathes.

What is the size of the thingy?

Someone on PM suggested that this is for a Pratt and Whitney lathe.

Look on the floor under the lathe.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/pratt%26whitney/page2.html

We also need a picture of the bottom of the item, with a scale in the
picture.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I got something odd here. Any idea what his may be for? It looks like
a follow rest.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mystery-Follow-Rest/

Thanks!!!

The color matches some of the older Clausing lathes.

What is the size of the thingy?

Someone on PM suggested that this is for a Pratt and Whitney lathe.

Look on the floor under the lathe.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/pratt%26whitney/page2.html

We also need a picture of the bottom of the item, with a scale in the
picture.

Joe Gwinn

I will post it as soon as I get it, which will be next week.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I got something odd here. Any idea what his may be for? It looks like
a follow rest.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mystery-Follow-Rest/

Thanks!!!

The color matches some of the older Clausing lathes.

What is the size of the thingy?

Someone on PM suggested that this is for a Pratt and Whitney lathe.

Look on the floor under the lathe.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/pratt%26whitney/page2.html

Notice that one is a hollow base?

A follower rest is a follower rest. Only the mounting and the size makes
a determination. Notice where the mounting bolt holes are? On the right
side of the unit.

Again I ask what is the dimensions of the critter.

Gunner

--
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry
capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an
Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense
and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have
such a man for their? president.. Blaming the prince of the
fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of
fools that made him their prince".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/14/2011 2:59 PM, Ignoramus1032 wrote:
I got something odd here. Any idea what his may be for? It looks like
a follow rest.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mystery-Follow-Rest/

Thanks!!!

Definitly a travelling steady , from which lathe I have no idea.

--
Kevin (Bluey)

Aloris Follow Rest & Lathe Hoist oldjag Metalworking 0 February 26th 08 06:13 AM
Follow rest oldjag Metalworking 2 February 19th 08 01:43 AM
Follow rest oldjag Metalworking 12 February 6th 08 06:47 PM
follow rest 101 Karl Townsend Metalworking 2 October 6th 05 06:13 PM
Leblond lathe follow rest oldjag Metalworking 2 June 14th 05 06:25 AM