Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is this??

Found this thing in the shop, and can't quite figure out what it is or
does.. It appears to be die-cast zinc and is about 5" x 5".. If I've
done the dropbox link right it should be he
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...jpg?w=a1826a64

Thanks in advance!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wagewhore wrote:
Found this thing in the shop, and can't quite figure out what it is or
does.. It appears to be die-cast zinc and is about 5" x 5".. If I've
done the dropbox link right it should be he
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...jpg?w=a1826a64

Thanks in advance!

I tried your link , it said I don't belong there ... try posting it
somewhere that we don't have to join up or log in to see the picture .

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 18:46:34 -0700 (PDT), wagewhore
wrote:

Found this thing in the shop, and can't quite figure out what it is or
does.. It appears to be die-cast zinc and is about 5" x 5".. If I've
done the dropbox link right it should be he
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...jpg?w=a1826a64

Thanks in advance!

Bogus. The "dropbox" in the url caught me.

--
Worry is a misuse of imagination.
-- Dan Zadra

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sorry 'bout that.. It looks like google groups took a big dump and is
just now getting back up and running,.

Praytell, how does one access the _real_ metalworking dropbox?

Thanks in advance!

On Aug 6, 8:03*pm, Martin Eastburn wrote:
A different drop box - not the metalworking drop box !
Have to be a member for this one to work - metalworking drop box is open.

Martin

On 8/5/2011 8:46 PM, wagewhore wrote:

Found this thing in the shop, and can't quite figure out what it is or
does.. *It appears to be die-cast zinc and is about 5" x 5".. If I've
done the dropbox link right it should be he
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...jpg?w=a1826a64

Thanks in advance!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 08:04:45 -0700 (PDT), wagewhore
wrote:

Sorry 'bout that.. It looks like google groups took a big dump and is
just now getting back up and running,.

Praytell, how does one access the _real_ metalworking dropbox?

http://metalworking.com/dropbox.html

Thanks in advance!

Jewelcome.

On Aug 6, 8:03*pm, Martin Eastburn wrote:
A different drop box - not the metalworking drop box !
Have to be a member for this one to work - metalworking drop box is open.

Martin

On 8/5/2011 8:46 PM, wagewhore wrote:

Found this thing in the shop, and can't quite figure out what it is or
does.. *It appears to be die-cast zinc and is about 5" x 5".. If I've
done the dropbox link right it should be he
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...jpg?w=a1826a64

Thanks in advance!

--
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

OK.. Let's try this again..

Found this thing in the shop, and can't quite figure out what it is or
does.. It appears to be die-cast zinc and is about 5" x 5"..

The picture of this thing is posted in the metalworking dropbox at
www.metalworking.com and the file name is whatsit1.jpg

wrote:

[...]

All too often, New and Improved isn't!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

OK.. Let's try this again..

On Aug 6, 8:03 pm, Martin wrote:
A different drop box - not the metalworking drop box !
Have to be a member for this one to work - metalworking drop box is open.

Martin

On 8/5/2011 8:46 PM, wagewhore wrote:

Found this thing in the shop, and can't quite figure out what it is or
does.. It appears to be die-cast zinc and is about 5" x 5".. If I've
done the dropbox link right it should be he
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...jpg?w=a1826a64

Thanks in advance!

--
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

--
All too often, New and Improved isn't!

For banding boxes, etc

http://www.interplas.com/product_ima...ool-1000px.jpg)

MikeB

--
Email is valid but not checked often
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 13:19:53 -0700 (PDT), wagewhore
wrote:

OK.. Let's try this again..

Found this thing in the shop, and can't quite figure out what it is or
does.. It appears to be die-cast zinc and is about 5" x 5"..

The picture of this thing is posted in the metalworking dropbox at
www.metalworking.com and the file name is whatsit1.jpg

Looks like a leather skiving knife for belts.
http://goo.gl/ONCvx Here's a plain one.

Speaking of which, I've been looking for my leather punch pliers all
day and they've developed legs.