Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Today's trip

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

$250

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 15:33:30 -0500, Ignoramus11951
wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

$250

Lets see...Rigid pipe threading stand, Dumore grinder, welding or
grinding helmet, Jacobs flex spindle nose, NICE machinists
chest/cabinet, 6" 4 jaw chuck, grinding attachment for old surface
grinder..probably 10",

Im curious..what is the blue fixture between welding helmet and the
wooden machinest cabinet? Looks like a tool/cutter grinder fixture..but
all I can see for sure is a can shaped graduated "knob".

A couple misc "tool boxes" and a drill/tap index in the foreground. Not
Huot.

I may have some spare jaws for that 8" chuck behind the trash can....

Nice trip!!

Gunner

Hey..this is more fun than the biweekly "what is it?"

Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-30, Ignoramus11951 wrote:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Is that a pancake turner sticking out of the base for your
crane? Doesn't seem like the usual grinding stuff. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

$250

Lets see...Rigid pipe threading stand, Dumore grinder, welding or
grinding helmet, Jacobs flex spindle nose, NICE machinists
chest/cabinet, 6" 4 jaw chuck, grinding attachment for old surface
grinder..probably 10",

Two pairs of new Fafnir superprecision bearings 2MM9107WI DUL

Ridgid pipe stand

Three universal grinding attachments for Cincinnati #2 grinder

KO Lee attachments

Grinding centers

Weldon pneumatic air bearing spindle holder and about 20 spindles for it

100 lbs anvil

two motorized wheel dressers

one circle pattern wheel dresser

Two BT 50 Nikken collect toolholders

Dumore grinder

Two gearmotors

More tool grinder attachments with swiveling vises etc

Huge box of O/A manifolds, torches, regulators

3/32 TIG tungstens

Wooden machinist toolbox with machinist tools

Mitutoyo 8" digimatic caliper

German Helios analog caliper

60 lbs of 5C collets (rusted)

Three Darex SP2500 drill holders (that was a great find, as I realized
that my Darex SP2500 is missing one 5/8 to 1" toolholder).

Six Darex SP2500 borazon wheels, some look new and some look worn, I
will ask about it.

Hardinge 4C collet set in box

Buck 6 inch chuck

6 inch 6 jaw chuck

10 or 12 inch three jaw chuck

four position lathe tool post

10 lbs of carbide lathe bits (I will keep those)

3 HP Doerr motor for those "fake 5 HP compressors"

SEM Servo motor

Carbide cutters

More Darex parts

Im curious..what is the blue fixture between welding helmet and the
wooden machinest cabinet? Looks like a tool/cutter grinder fixture..but
all I can see for sure is a can shaped graduated "knob".

Tool/cutter grinder fixtuire for Cincinnati #2

A couple misc "tool boxes" and a drill/tap index in the foreground. Not
Huot.

I may have some spare jaws for that 8" chuck behind the trash can....

Nice trip!!

Gunner

Hey..this is more fun than the biweekly "what is it?"

I love it, I am thinking maybe I should do it full time.

I made that guy an offer on his warehouse building.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-30, Ignoramus11951 wrote:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Is that a pancake turner sticking out of the base for your
crane? Doesn't seem like the usual grinding stuff. :-)

Yes, they will go into the compressor grill.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 31 Jul 2011 01:14:01 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2011-07-30, Ignoramus11951 wrote:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Is that a pancake turner sticking out of the base for your
crane? Doesn't seem like the usual grinding stuff. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

Actually..they are pretty common in some machine shops, particularly
those heavily involved in grinding operations. Works good for scraping
out the sand from the grinding wheels from the various bits and places
where the coolant runs.

Though..I suspect its not part of Iggies treasure trove G

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-30, Ignoramus11951 wrote:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Is that a pancake turner sticking out of the base for your
crane? Doesn't seem like the usual grinding stuff. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

Actually..they are pretty common in some machine shops, particularly
those heavily involved in grinding operations. Works good for scraping
out the sand from the grinding wheels from the various bits and places
where the coolant runs.

Though..I suspect its not part of Iggies treasure trove G

No, it is for meat grilling.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus11951" wrote in message
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

$250

Are we going to read in the newspaper about your dead stinking four day old
corpse buried under a mound of hoarded "goodies" in the back yard?

Looks like me after a good day of yard saling..................

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-31, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus11951" wrote in message
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Are we going to read in the newspaper about your dead stinking four day old
corpse buried under a mound of hoarded "goodies" in the back yard?

Looks like me after a good day of yard saling..................

I hope not, I will be selling like mad.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-31, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus11951" wrote in message
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Are we going to read in the newspaper about your dead stinking four day
old
corpse buried under a mound of hoarded "goodies" in the back yard?

Looks like me after a good day of yard saling..................

I hope not, I will be selling like mad.

Ebay ?

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-31, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus11951" wrote in message
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Are we going to read in the newspaper about your dead stinking four day
old
corpse buried under a mound of hoarded "goodies" in the back yard?

Looks like me after a good day of yard saling..................

I hope not, I will be selling like mad.

Ebay ?

Best Regards
Tom.

Mostly, yes, but also on craigslist.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

One of the $10 items was a Harig Steptool tool grinder attachment,
somewhat like this but with a different gearmotor:

http://ef.algebra.com/e/50838214876

It was cheap because it was "broke" and "won't run".

What was really "broke" in it was the on/off switch.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

$250

Lets see...Rigid pipe threading stand, Dumore grinder, welding or
grinding helmet, Jacobs flex spindle nose, NICE machinists
chest/cabinet, 6" 4 jaw chuck, grinding attachment for old surface
grinder..probably 10",

Two pairs of new Fafnir superprecision bearings 2MM9107WI DUL

Ridgid pipe stand

Three universal grinding attachments for Cincinnati #2 grinder

KO Lee attachments

Grinding centers

Weldon pneumatic air bearing spindle holder and about 20 spindles for it

100 lbs anvil

two motorized wheel dressers

one circle pattern wheel dresser

Two BT 50 Nikken collect toolholders

Dumore grinder

What size?

Two gearmotors

More tool grinder attachments with swiveling vises etc

Huge box of O/A manifolds, torches, regulators

3/32 TIG tungstens

What formula Tungstens?

Wooden machinist toolbox with machinist tools

What brand box? Id be interested for the right price. No interest in the
tools. Ive got way way more than I need.

Mitutoyo 8" digimatic caliper

German Helios analog caliper

60 lbs of 5C collets (rusted)

When you get those sorted, email me a list and Ill probably buy some
that Im missing. Any odd shaped ones..such as Hex..Id be very interested
in.

[...]

Cool!!!

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

$250

Hey Iggy,

Ok...once again Iggy....pipe vises on the bottom with legs away from
cab window. Tool boxes, especially wooden ones, on the top or in the
cab.

Will you never learn?!?!?

Brian Lawson.

ps... The pix kind of reminds me of one of those visual acuity
puzzles, where you have to identify 10 differences between this pix
and last weeks pix. Hahaha. Or maybe give a prize to whoever can ID
the most stuff !! I think I picked out about 6 or 7 "items" that I
can ID.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

$250

Hey Iggy,

Ok...once again Iggy....pipe vises on the bottom with legs away from
cab window. Tool boxes, especially wooden ones, on the top or in the
cab.

Will you never learn?!?!?

that's not how life works...

Brian Lawson.

ps... The pix kind of reminds me of one of those visual acuity
puzzles, where you have to identify 10 differences between this pix
and last weeks pix. Hahaha. Or maybe give a prize to whoever can ID
the most stuff !! I think I picked out about 6 or 7 "items" that I
can ID.

Yep, indeed, and being able to tell picture details is a very valuable
skill.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

$250

Hey Iggy,

Ok...once again Iggy....pipe vises on the bottom with legs away from
cab window. Tool boxes, especially wooden ones, on the top or in the
cab.

Will you never learn?!?!?

I didnt bother reminding him about his screw ups. If he hasnt learned
by now..he is never going to learn. Only thing that might teach him is
to hit something and have something long and blunt/sharp come through
that rear window and wipe out a member of his family.

Shrug

Brian Lawson.

ps... The pix kind of reminds me of one of those visual acuity
puzzles, where you have to identify 10 differences between this pix
and last weeks pix. Hahaha. Or maybe give a prize to whoever can ID
the most stuff !! I think I picked out about 6 or 7 "items" that I
can ID.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry
capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an
Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense
and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have
such a man for their? president.. Blaming the prince of the
fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of
fools that made him their prince".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey Iggy and Gunner,

I hope you both realize I was "chuckling" about all this. My
recollection of last weeks pix was that there was some ugly hunk of
metal laying/rubbing/scratching on the barrel of the air bearing for
the cutter grinder. With so much stuff and such good deals, maybe
it's not worth worrying about, eh?!?!

Take care.

Brian "Drooling with every pix" Lawson.
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-08-01, Brian Lawson wrote:
Hey Iggy and Gunner,

I hope you both realize I was "chuckling" about all this. My
recollection of last weeks pix was that there was some ugly hunk of
metal laying/rubbing/scratching on the barrel of the air bearing for
the cutter grinder. With so much stuff and such good deals, maybe
it's not worth worrying about, eh?!?!

Definitely not worth worrying about such piddling stuff.

I have a Weldon air bearing spindle and 200 or so lbs of air spindles
for it.

The wooden tool box, on top of which the pipe vise was laying, turned
out to be a Gerstner ($4 or $5, I do not remember but I think it cost
me $4).

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Gerstner-Toolbox.jpg

I was, however, trying not to put too heavy stuff on top of the
cuttermaster and on top of this Weldon air bearing.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 00:17:17 -0400, Brian Lawson
wrote:

Hey Iggy and Gunner,

I hope you both realize I was "chuckling" about all this. My
recollection of last weeks pix was that there was some ugly hunk of
metal laying/rubbing/scratching on the barrel of the air bearing for
the cutter grinder. With so much stuff and such good deals, maybe
it's not worth worrying about, eh?!?!

Take care.

Brian "Drooling with every pix" Lawson.

But it was only rubbing on the outside. G

And yes...I drool when I see his pics too!

Then I look out at the Piles O Stuff in the shop..and cringe....

wrote:

[...]

Today's Odd 'un ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 17 October 29th 10 04:34 PM
Today's top tips Keith UK diy 19 April 25th 07 09:51 PM
Today's thought DJ Delorie Woodworking 13 December 11th 06 05:40 PM
Today's URLs Gigi Home Ownership 0 August 12th 05 07:33 PM
today's catch Gunner Metalworking 1 July 17th 05 01:54 AM