Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Statistics for week ending 20110711

Spam from foreign countries hasn't really been a problem in RCM, except for
a period of about 6 weeks several years ago when many usenet newsgroups were
being bombarded with it.. then it just stopped.

The spam posts that I see showing up in RCM are only a few per day on
average, compared to the consistent dozens of bull**** posts per day from
Gummer and his crossposting puppets/groupies from the kook/fringe/fanatic
groups.

For anyone that would care to look for facts.. see how Clifton H happened to
start posting in RCM, but I already know the history, and Gummer had a hand
in that, too.

I was aware of CH (from a.h.r) maybe a couple of years before I came to RCM,
and for a fact - he wasn't active here 'till after Gummer arrived.
Funny coincidence that the 2 of 'em routinely crossposted to the same sorts
of kook/fanatic cheerleader groups.

It's probably a good bet that Gummer just can't stop ruminating over the
stories to start telling about what happened to CH, just as he's already
implying he does know (and he'll imply that CH was on the list, and that
anyone that doesn't fit his standards will be added to the list).

I gotta stop.. I'm scaring the hell outa myself just imagining what "will"
happen.

Obviously "it" has already begun.

--
WB

On 2011-07-11, Dennis wrote:
Filter 1
if NEWSGROUPS contains "survivalism" delete
if NEWSGROUPS contains "politics" delete

snippage

Look into the "NNTP-Posting-Host: " filtering for places which
never contribute anything but spam. (At least, if your filter system
will accept that header and wildcarding.)

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:16:33 -0400, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

[...]

What about TMT, Hack, and Douchebag? What's their story?