Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What's It Gonna Be

http://img221.imageshack.us/slidesho...735285si9.smil

I haven't posted one of these in a while. I guess its time. Periodic
updates will be posted as I remove more of the material that is not the
final part. Everything you need to know is within the boundaries of the
pictures.

Yes, I finally go the MaxNC retrofit and started using it to cut some parts.
Its got acme screws now with DumpsterCNC antibacklash nuts. You can see I
made a mount similar the one on the Taig for a router as a spindle. I
improved the design slightly allowing me to tram it easier and also remove
and replace the router very quickly with the flip latch off the table that
comes with the router.

I still need to build a cabinet for it, and setup a flood lubricant pump and
tank, but for now it works if I just cut less aggressively.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
http://img221.imageshack.us/slidesho...735285si9.smil

The next hint:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/dscf1787x.jpg/

I haven't posted one of these in a while. I guess its time. Periodic
updates will be posted as I remove more of the material that is not the
final part. Everything you need to know is within the boundaries of the
pictures.

Yes, I finally go the MaxNC retrofit and started using it to cut some
parts. Its got acme screws now with DumpsterCNC antibacklash nuts. You
can see I made a mount similar the one on the Taig for a router as a
spindle. I improved the design slightly allowing me to tram it easier and
also remove and replace the router very quickly with the flip latch off
the table that comes with the router.

I still need to build a cabinet for it, and setup a flood lubricant pump
and tank, but for now it works if I just cut less aggressively.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
http://img221.imageshack.us/slidesho...735285si9.smil

The next hint:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/dscf1787x.jpg/

Oh, yeah. A logical hint. The part will serve two purposes. One primary
and one secondary.

Remember: Everything you need to know is within the boundaries of the
pictures.

I haven't posted one of these in a while. I guess its time. Periodic
updates will be posted as I remove more of the material that is not the
final part. Everything you need to know is within the boundaries of the
pictures.

Yes, I finally go the MaxNC retrofit and started using it to cut some
parts. Its got acme screws now with DumpsterCNC antibacklash nuts. You
can see I made a mount similar the one on the Taig for a router as a
spindle. I improved the design slightly allowing me to tram it easier
and also remove and replace the router very quickly with the flip latch
off the table that comes with the router.

I still need to build a cabinet for it, and setup a flood lubricant pump
and tank, but for now it works if I just cut less aggressively.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
http://img221.imageshack.us/slidesho...735285si9.smil

The next hint:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/dscf1787x.jpg/

Ok, Last hint before I post it in service.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/dscf1789l.jpg/

I haven't posted one of these in a while. I guess its time. Periodic
updates will be posted as I remove more of the material that is not the
final part. Everything you need to know is within the boundaries of the
pictures.

Yes, I finally go the MaxNC retrofit and started using it to cut some
parts. Its got acme screws now with DumpsterCNC antibacklash nuts. You
can see I made a mount similar the one on the Taig for a router as a
spindle. I improved the design slightly allowing me to tram it easier
and also remove and replace the router very quickly with the flip latch
off the table that comes with the router.

I still need to build a cabinet for it, and setup a flood lubricant pump
and tank, but for now it works if I just cut less aggressively.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-05, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
http://img221.imageshack.us/slidesho...735285si9.smil

The next hint:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/dscf1787x.jpg/

Ok, Last hint before I post it in service.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/dscf1789l.jpg/

Finally -- enough to make a guess from.

Looks like a mounting bracket for the next version of router --
with a set of grooves on the back plate to allow vertical adjustment.

Understand that -- at least on my system -- from the first URL,
all I saw was a looping video showing only a block of aluminum in the
vise, with the milling cutter almost touching it. Hardly a useful
image. (It kept zooming and panning, and there were two major views,
but nothing which showed me more than a block in a vise, ready to be
cut. And because it was a video, I could not save it and zoom in for
more details. All the motion was distracting, too.

The second URL was at least a still image, and showed what
appeared to be a single groove milled the long dimension of the block.
Again, hardly enough to judge by.

But *this* has enough shape to allow guesses.

And -- I don't like the "ImageShack" site. I had to fight it to
get it to show me the so-called "slideshow", which turned out to be a
video.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
On 2011-07-05, Bob La Londe wrote:
[...]

Fair enough. And no.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-05, Bob La Londe wrote:
[...]

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/dscf1791t.jpg/

It moves the motor back from the table giving a little more room for the
motor/shaft coupler and allowing for more travel. It also provides a semi
permanent quick square for throwing a vise or other item on the table for a
quick job, Now I need to put a longer screw on this axis. Fortunately I
still have 3 feet of the original screw left.... if I can find it.

I bored the cross slide for the coupler originally, but I had to stop short
of the ways. With this spacer I can use the full length of the bed. I saw
right away that I should have flipped the part and notched it out past the
ways in the front and back in case I needed to over run a little bit
sometime. Fortunately I can do it easily enough. Loosen two screws and
swap out two long ones for two short ones and its back the way it was while
I cut that part, and I have not yet removed my previous quick square.

P.S. The big vises are nice, but I really need some smaller ones for this
machine.