Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What's the big deal? OT FOR JIM STEWART

Barry Soweto remarked more than once about his daughter, Malia, as being 13
years old. She's 12.

Apparently, some evil right wingers have seized on this moment to at least
report the "news". Guess it must have been a light news day.

In my mind, a man who can't keep up with his at home children's statistics
isn't doing his job as a father. And can't be trusted to handle bigger
numbers.

But then, maybe he's doing too much important stuff and got it wrong. I bet
he can count to 13 on the golf course, but applied modern math brings that
down to a par.

It's the intent that counts, dontchaknow?

The age of your children is easy to keep track of. Especially when they are
living in the household, and there are things like birthdays, and other
reminders of how old the child ACTUALLY is.

Two things are happening here. Either he is so busy with affairs of state
that he cannot be bothered with affairs of the heart. Or
.........................he's a complete imbecile when it comes to keeping
important details straight. The latter coming into play when dealing with
billions, no trillions, of dollars of other people's money.

And even in that case, a man who hasn't had a regular job in his life, and
who can't discuss finances with a businessman with one employee can't be
expected to be informed or comprehensible. After all, they're just numbers,
and those don't reflect the gut level emotion of people involved in the REAL
issues of having to pay for a house they could never afford, but got
approved by a government regulatory agency bent on "making things even", or
a banker who was hogtied to the point of borderline consciousness.

Forgive the man his weakness of small numbers. Like 12. After all, twelve
is a big number. Twelve years of age. Twelve billion dollars. Twelve
trillion dollars. What's a few zeroes.

Unless you can't count to thirteen in the first place, which should not be a
problem for the smartest man on the planet.

God help us all. And hand him another shovel. He's going to be out of
sight in the next election.

steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-30, Steve B wrote:
Unless you can't count to thirteen in the first place, which should not be a
problem for the smartest man on the planet.

I am not the US President, but I sometimes get confused about how old my
kids are, especially near birthdays.

If this is the biggest thing that worries you about President Obama,
then I personally would not worry as much.

God help us all. And hand him another shovel. He's going to be out of
sight in the next election.

The future is always unclear. The prediction market Intrade gives the
estimate of his reelection chances at 57%.

http://intrade.com/v4/markets/contra...tractId=743474

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-30, Steve B wrote:
Unless you can't count to thirteen in the first place, which should not
be a
problem for the smartest man on the planet.

I am not the US President, but I sometimes get confused about how old my
kids are, especially near birthdays.

If this is the biggest thing that worries you about President Obama,

You are not alone there. Also happens when the doctor or someone asks what
oone of the kids birthdates are........

then I personally would not worry as much.

God help us all. And hand him another shovel. He's going to be out of
sight in the next election.

The future is always unclear. The prediction market Intrade gives the
estimate of his reelection chances at 57%.

http://intrade.com/v4/markets/contra...tractId=743474

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-30, Steve B wrote:
Unless you can't count to thirteen in the first place, which should not be a
problem for the smartest man on the planet.

I am not the US President, but I sometimes get confused about how old my
kids are, especially near birthdays.

It looks like it was the case for Obama, too. That 12 year old
daughter turns 13 this coming Monday.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...aughters-age/1

If this is the biggest thing that worries you about President Obama,
then I personally would not worry as much.

God help us all. And hand him another shovel. He's going to be out of
sight in the next election.

The future is always unclear. The prediction market Intrade gives the
estimate of his reelection chances at 57%.

http://intrade.com/v4/markets/contra...tractId=743474

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

On Jun 30, 7:56*am, Ignoramus18155 ignoramus18...@NOSPAM.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...11/06/obama-fl...

If this is the biggest thing that worries you about President Obama,
then I personally would not worry as much.

God help us all. *And hand him another shovel. *He's going to be out of
sight in the next election.

The future is always unclear. The prediction market Intrade gives the
estimate of his reelection chances at 57%.

* * * * *http://intrade.com/v4/markets/contra...tractId=743474

As much as I dislike BHO, I can't fault him for that. I can't remember
either of my kid's birthdays, and I have to do the math to figure how
old they are.
Doesn't mean I love 'em any less. And it doesn't mean I'm a liberal
democrat either

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-30, Steve B wrote:
Unless you can't count to thirteen in the first place, which should not
be a problem for the smartest man on the planet.

I am not the US President, but I sometimes get confused about how old my
kids are, especially near birthdays.

And, of course, checking the facts before shooting off your mouth is out
of the question, because he already Knows All, being our Glorious Beloved
Infallible Saviour.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-30, Steve B wrote:
[...]

I was a lot more worried about the 57 states.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-30, Ignoramus20088

On 2011-06-30, Steve B wrote:
[...]

Give him a break. He had just spoken at a Heinz pickle factory.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message

(...)

I was a lot more worried about the 57 states.

Give him a break. He had just spoken at a Heinz pickle factory.

Just think of the 19 states we would have lost, had he visited
Baskin-Robbins.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message

(...)

I was a lot more worried about the 57 states.

Give him a break. He had just spoken at a Heinz pickle factory.

Just think of the 19 states we would have lost, had he visited
Baskin-Robbins.

--Winston

Yeah, that was a close one.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus20088 wrote:

I am not the US President, but I sometimes get confused about how old my
kids are, especially near birthdays.

Heck, my mom used to mix up our names. Strangely she has gotten better at not doing that
as she has aged.

I'll go back to marking threads ignore now.

Wes

Home Depot won't price match Milwaukee electric chain saw - where a great deal is not a deal at all. No Name Home Repair 0 June 26th 08 02:58 PM
Stewart System Alan Woodturning 13 March 24th 06 06:06 AM
Veritas Basic Bench Kit - Worth $51.50 ?? is it a good deal, fair deal, or a price gouge? caveman Woodworking 0 October 11th 03 06:09 PM
Veritas Basic Bench Kit - at $51.50 is it a good deal, fair deal, or a price gouge? caveman Woodworking 0 October 7th 03 01:09 AM