Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sharpies (the marker) ain't cutting it -- or marking it....

Tim Wescott wrote:

I've never had a problem with sharpies on reasonably clean metal -- they
cut right through the film of oil that you get when you work on
something then swipe it with a rag, and they certainly work on dry metal.

Sharpies work good to mark steel and as improvised bluing. I'm looking at a Pactra Enamel
pen right now. I haven't used in in a year and it still worked when I tested it just now.
That is a bit more permanent on clean stock.

Sharpies can be removed with alchohol, at least the ones we use at work.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller