Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Scary, enormous industrial behemoths

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Ignoramus6708 wrote:

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/06/8-gigantic-indu.php

There's a great powerpoint set that shows one of those strip mine
excavators
that picked up a bulldozer and it got lodged in the conveyor belt where
the
buckets dump at the top of their rotation. You might be able to find it
searching for "where's my dozer?"

Jon

Definitely an Oh, **** moment. I'd love to see it if anyone finds it. The
post accident investigation had to be interesting.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-19, Steve B wrote:

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Ignoramus6708 wrote:

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/06/8-gigantic-indu.php

There's a great powerpoint set that shows one of those strip mine
excavators
that picked up a bulldozer and it got lodged in the conveyor belt where
the
buckets dump at the top of their rotation. You might be able to find it
searching for "where's my dozer?"

Jon

Definitely an Oh, **** moment. I'd love to see it if anyone finds it. The
post accident investigation had to be interesting.

Here it is

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3188664...4547/lightbox/

I have to admit, I have seen all those beautiful pictures of these
power shovels, but this is the first time that I was able to
comprehend their true scale.

Scary example? Tom S Woodturning 10 July 9th 07 01:47 PM
enormous steel chopstick? Grant Erwin Metalworking 17 March 19th 06 06:42 PM
Enormous Erection problem Zymurgy UK diy 27 November 21st 04 08:41 AM