DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   dry out oil (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/323961-dry-out-oil.html)

Karl Townsend May 30th 11 11:52 PM

dry out oil

I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

ted frater May 31st 11 12:05 AM

dry out oil

Karl Townsend wrote:
I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

Try a small ,say cup full first.
It should work.
then you will need to heat the larger amout in such a way as to not
catch it on fire.

Ed Huntress May 31st 11 12:30 AM

dry out oil

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
Karl Townsend wrote:
I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

Try a small ,say cup full first.
It should work.
then you will need to heat the larger amout in such a way as to not catch
it on fire.

Watch out. The oil floats, and when the water reaches boiling temperature,
it pops up kind of explosively and hot oil sprays around. It's really
dangerous.

Yes, I have done it.

--
Ed Huntress

John May 31st 11 12:57 AM

dry out oil

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Ted wrote in message
Karl Townsend wrote:
I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

Try a small ,say cup full first.
It should work.
then you will need to heat the larger amout in such a way as to not catch
it on fire.

Watch out. The oil floats, and when the water reaches boiling temperature,
it pops up kind of explosively and hot oil sprays around. It's really
dangerous.

Yes, I have done it.

If you have the time let it settle and then pour off the top. Another
way would be pulling a vacuum on it and let the oil boil off at room
temp. under a vacuum.

John

jeff_wisnia[_2_] May 31st 11 12:58 AM

dry out oil

john wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ted wrote in message

Karl Townsend wrote:

[...]

Didja mean "let the water boil off" ?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Ignoramus17069 May 31st 11 12:59 AM

dry out oil

On 2011-05-30, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
Karl Townsend wrote:
I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

Try a small ,say cup full first.
It should work.
then you will need to heat the larger amout in such a way as to not catch
it on fire.

Watch out. The oil floats, and when the water reaches boiling temperature,
it pops up kind of explosively and hot oil sprays around. It's really
dangerous.

Yes, I have done it.

No, it will not. And no, you have not done what Karl wants to do.

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 31st 11 01:06 AM

dry out oil

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but
the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out
in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

If the oil is milky it has additives to keep water suspended and yes
the water will come out with gentle heating...been there! If you have
beads of water and the oil isn't milky it will separate by standing
over time.

J. D. Slocomb May 31st 11 01:27 AM

dry out oil

On Mon, 30 May 2011 17:52:57 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

Certainly it will drive off the water. However, overheating may be
detrimental to the oil and/or any additives. I think if I were doing
it I'd try to discover what the recommended maximum operating
temperature is for the oil and then hold the heat to that figure.

Cheers,

John D. Slocomb
(jdslocombatgmail)

Ed Huntress May 31st 11 01:46 AM

dry out oil

On 2011-05-30, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
Karl Townsend wrote:
[...]

Ah, a challenge. g Ok, the single-burner Coleman is going now, under a
3-lb. steel coffee can with 1/4" of water and a half-quart of cheap motor
oil...it's sounding like popcorn. POP! There it goes. 'Just sprayed oil all
over the plywood scrap I use for mixing small batches of concrete.

It better not be ruined, or I'll be annoyed -- at both of us. d8-)

Try it, Iggy. Now, if you're going to say that Karl can control the temp to
200 F, my response is, good luck. But stand back.

--
Ed Huntress

Ecnerwal[_3_] May 31st 11 01:58 AM

dry out oil

In article ,
Karl Townsend wrote:

I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

Got a vacuum pump? I doubt you have the volume to justify the sort of
thing (as commercially and not cheaply built in Cortland, NY) we used on
the transformer oil in the labs, but that was a vacuum-filtration
system, and as such would get the water out without heat (it also ran it
through filters to remove particulates at the same time - I'd suggest at
least a pipe section with a bunch of super-magnets to pull any steel out
of it, and perhaps a regular spin-on filter as well if you can plumb one
up.)

jim May 31st 11 02:01 AM

dry out oil

On 2011-05-30, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
Karl Townsend wrote:
[...]

I think he is saying the water is emulsified in the oil and won't
separate. But I wouldn't bet on it not separating when heated.

-jim

--
Ed Huntress

Pete C. May 31st 11 02:03 AM

dry out oil

Karl Townsend wrote:

I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

Do you want to risk an expensive transmission, hydraulic pump and
control valves to salvage $50 worth of tractor UTF fluid?

Karl Townsend May 31st 11 02:09 AM

dry out oil

On Mon, 30 May 2011 20:06:06 -0400, "Tom Gardner" w@w wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
.. .
I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but
the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out
in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

If the oil is milky it has additives to keep water suspended and yes
the water will come out with gentle heating...been there! If you have
beads of water and the oil isn't milky it will separate by standing
over time.

its a bit of both. I'll toss the bottom gallon after it sits. Then
heat the milky stuff. I'll just start with 1/2 a five pail and set the
hot plate on about mid range heat. Check it every 30 minutes or so. I
got 20 gallons for this batch.

Thanks, everybody, for all the advice.

Karl

RangersSuck May 31st 11 02:10 AM

dry out oil

On May 30, 8:58*pm, Ecnerwal
wrote:
In article ,
*Karl Townsend wrote:

[...]

Are you saying that you pulled a vacuum to boil off the water, or that
you used a vacuum pump to suck the oil through a filter? Two pretty
different processes.

Bill Noble[_2_] May 31st 11 02:11 AM

dry out oil

On 5/30/2011 3:52 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

A centrifuge is effective at this, if you are on a farm, a cream
separator is a form of a centrifuge that may be worth a try,
particularly if you have one that you don't use for cream any more.

--
www.wbnoble.com

anorton May 31st 11 02:18 AM

dry out oil

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

Aside from what others have suggested, a dessicant like silica gel or
calcium chloride will absorb water from oil. You will need more of the
dessicant than the water you want to remove. I have not tried this myself.

Rich Grise[_3_] May 31st 11 03:06 AM

dry out oil

Ted Frater wrote:
Karl Townsend wrote:
I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

Try a small ,say cup full first.
It should work.
then you will need to heat the larger amout in such a way as to not
catch it on fire.

Like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kspx1oOP_fE&feature=fvst

Cheers!
Rich

[email protected] May 31st 11 03:31 AM

dry out oil

On Tue, 31 May 2011 00:05:24 +0100, Ted Frater
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:
I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

Try a small ,say cup full first.
It should work.
then you will need to heat the larger amout in such a way as to not
catch it on fire.

You want to "decant" the water first. Get a 5 gallon can and cut the
"bottom" out of it. . Solder a small valve into the fill cap. Invert
the can and fill with oil. Let it sit for an hour or so and open the
valve to drain off the water.
Now you will have 90+% of the water removed. Let is sit some more and
see if any more settles out. If not you are pretty well set to go -

A whole lot faster and simpler than cooking all the water out.

warming it up GENTLY to no more than about 215F- 220F won't hurt the
oil and will drive the last remnants of moisture out of the oil if you
want to be fussy, or put a few bags of Silica Gel in the oil to suck
out the last of the water.

[email protected] May 31st 11 03:34 AM

dry out oil

On Mon, 30 May 2011 18:59:56 -0500, Ignoramus17069

On 2011-05-30, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
Karl Townsend wrote:
I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl
Try a small ,say cup full first.
It should work.
then you will need to heat the larger amout in such a way as to not catch
it on fire.

Watch out. The oil floats, and when the water reaches boiling temperature,
it pops up kind of explosively and hot oil sprays around. It's really
dangerous.

Yes, I have done it.

No, it will not. And no, you have not done what Karl wants to do.

Yes it will - and it is not recommended. That's why I recommended
"decanting" the water with the modified 5 gallon can.

If you have all the "free" water drained out, heating the oil will
drive out any "bound" or absorbed water relatively safely - as will
working the equipment for an hour or two.

[email protected] May 31st 11 03:36 AM

dry out oil

On 2011-05-30, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
Karl Townsend wrote:
[...]

If it is "emusified" to the point it will not settle out, don't be a
cheapskate - put in new oil. I'm sure the hydraulics are worth a LOT
more than a couple gallons of new multi-hydraulic oil

[email protected] May 31st 11 03:43 AM

dry out oil

On Mon, 30 May 2011 20:57:26 -0500, Ignoramus17069

On 2011-05-30, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
Karl Townsend wrote:
[...]

What I am saying is that at 200-220 degrees, the water (in droplets)
does not have the energy to explode. I would just heat the oil in a
boiling water bath.

At 215F at sea level water is vapour. At 210 it's just hot water.
Somewhere in between there the water trapped under the oil approaches
it's "local" boiling point and starts rizing to the surface - and the
localized pressure reduces, causing the water to "flash" to steam.
When this happens it expands exponentially - something like 1700:1 -
blowing hot oil all over the place.

This is bad enough on an enclosed element - it is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
when working with an open flame, as the splashing oil can easily
ignite, and the possibility of igniting the whole pot of oil, although
not terribly high, IS REAL.

PrecisionmachinisT May 31st 11 05:19 AM

dry out oil

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 May 2011 20:06:06 -0400, "Tom Gardner" w@w wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Put it into a 55 gallon steel drum that's setting horizontal on an elevated
stand with a water faucet screwed into the 3/4in bung and rotate it to appx
the 5:00 O'clock or so position so that the water level is slightly below
the faucet.

When your done, drain the water and you can then re-use the setup to store
used motor oil and or other petroleum based substances for later use either
for a waste oil shop heater or as feedstock for black diesel.

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] May 31st 11 04:05 PM

dry out oil

Ignoramus17069 fired this volley in
:

No, it will not. And no, you have not done what Karl wants to do.

Actually, it can, Ig. It depends upon how you apply the heat.

We had to dry out about 20lb of wet paraffin wax at the factory.

I _almost_ had an injurious accident.

I was melting the wax/water over an electric burner at high heat.

It began to foam and boil vigorously, and didn't look _too_ likely to
boil over-- it was just foaming to beat the band.

I got called back to the office, and thought, "Well, I better turn the
burner down so it won't catch fire while I'm away."

I turned it down to a low heat, and began to walk away.

I was about 30 feet away, when, at that point, all the tiny droplets of
water suspended in hot wax settled to the bottom of the pot, then
violently "BLURPED" out in one big surge.

So long as the boiling was vigorous enough to keep the water off the
bottom, it was fine. As soon as it settled out, it very nearly exploded.

Keep in mind that there was enough of a column of wax over the water to
at least slightly raise the boiling point. And then, when the water
began to boil, it "relieved" its own pressure, which then left the water
"superheated" for all intents and purposes. Even if it was only a tenth
of a degree over its boiling point at our altitude, when it surged up,
its boiling point dropped back to "normal", and thus it flashed to steam
all at once.

LLoyd

Jim Wilkins May 31st 11 04:48 PM

dry out oil

On May 30, 6:52*pm, Karl Townsend
wrote:
I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

A chamois ("shammy") will separate water from gasoline. Perhaps it
would work for warmed hydraulic oil?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamois_leather

jsw

Karl Townsend May 31st 11 06:49 PM

dry out oil - follow up

Put 3 gal oil in five pail on hot plate at med hi heat. Took two hours
to reach 100 degree C. Let it run another half hour. Oil looks like
new, got four more batches to do.

Karl

Baron[_4_] May 31st 11 08:03 PM

dry out oil

Ed Huntress Inscribed thus:

"Ignoramus17069" wrote in
message ...
On 2011-05-30, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
Karl Townsend wrote:
[...]

Try putting a 1 inch cube of meat on a fondue fork and plunge it into
very hot oil...

The water in the meat boils and causes it to spit oil like crazy !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Ed Huntress May 31st 11 08:17 PM

dry out oil

"Baron" wrote in message
Ed Huntress Inscribed thus:

"Ignoramus17069" wrote in
message ...
On 2011-05-30, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
Karl Townsend wrote:
[...]

Well, yes, I used to do that. This was a lot more violent -- a big POP! and
oil sprayed a fair distance.

As I said, I've done that before. I think the last time was when I was
around 20 and got the bright idea that I could dry the water out of an oil
can I'd left open outdoors. I put it on my dad's new gas grill to heat it;
'wound up running off to buy some more of those lava rocks before he got
home. g

--
Ed Huntress

Cydrome Leader May 31st 11 10:46 PM

dry out oil

Ecnerwal wrote:
In article ,
Karl Townsend wrote:

I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

Got a vacuum pump? I doubt you have the volume to justify the sort of
thing (as commercially and not cheaply built in Cortland, NY) we used on
the transformer oil in the labs, but that was a vacuum-filtration

I'm guessing vacuum pump oil costs more than whatever you dump into a
tractor.

You don't want water settling inside a vacuum pump either.

Jim Wilkins May 31st 11 10:58 PM

dry out oil

On May 31, 5:46*pm, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Got a vacuum pump? I doubt you have the volume to justify the sort of
thing (as commercially and not cheaply built in Cortland, NY) we used on
the transformer oil in the labs, but that was a vacuum-filtration

I'm guessing vacuum pump oil costs more than whatever you dump into a
tractor.

You don't want water settling inside a vacuum pump either.-

Water doesn't seem to bother the small Gast vane pumps.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=4-1808
Mine has the integral motor. I run air through it afterwards to dry it
out.

jsw

Michael A. Terrell May 31st 11 11:28 PM

dry out oil

Bill Noble wrote:

On 5/30/2011 3:52 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

karl

A centrifuge is effective at this, if you are on a farm, a cream
separator is a form of a centrifuge that may be worth a try,
particularly if you have one that you don't use for cream any more.

It's an APPLE FARM, not a dairy.

Ignoramus17069 June 1st 11 12:07 AM

dry out oil - follow up

On 2011-05-31, Karl Townsend wrote:
Put 3 gal oil in five pail on hot plate at med hi heat. Took two hours
to reach 100 degree C. Let it run another half hour. Oil looks like
new, got four more batches to do.

So, I was right, then.

Ignoramus17069 June 1st 11 12:08 AM

dry out oil

On 2011-05-31, Baron wrote:
Ed Huntress Inscribed thus:

"Ignoramus17069" wrote in
message ...
On 2011-05-30, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
Karl Townsend wrote:
[...]

These examples have NOTHING to do with heating oil to be near the
boiling point of water.

Ed Huntress June 1st 11 12:17 AM

dry out oil - follow up

On 2011-05-31, Karl Townsend wrote:
Put 3 gal oil in five pail on hot plate at med hi heat. Took two hours
to reach 100 degree C. Let it run another half hour. Oil looks like
new, got four more batches to do.

So, I was right, then.

Yeah. You get a gold star. Now, when you've settled down, you might want to
said "watch out, don't let it boil." g

Good for Karl. I'm glad it worked for him.

--
Ed Huntress

Ned Simmons June 1st 11 01:06 AM

dry out oil

On Tue, 31 May 2011 20:03:21 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Try putting a 1 inch cube of meat on a fondue fork and plunge it into
very hot oil...

The water in the meat boils and causes it to spit oil like crazy !

Try dropping a live lobster into a Frialator. g I did it quite by
accident while taking a shortcut to the lobster cooker at my high
school summer job. Three lobsters in each hand, and the one on top
flipped it's tail at just the right instant.

But I have boiled water mixed with waste oil in order to reduce its
volume before disposal. Using a 5 gallon metal paint bucket on a
Coleman stove away from other combustibles, and a bit of patience, I
don't recall any excitement.

--
Ned Simmons

[email protected] June 1st 11 02:29 AM

dry out oil

wrote:

Try putting a 1 inch cube of meat on a fondue fork and plunge it into
very hot oil...

The water in the meat boils and causes it to spit oil like crazy !

Try dropping a live lobster into a Frialator. g I did it quite by
accident while taking a shortcut to the lobster cooker at my high
school summer job. Three lobsters in each hand, and the one on top
flipped it's tail at just the right instant.

But I have boiled water mixed with waste oil in order to reduce its
volume before disposal. Using a 5 gallon metal paint bucket on a
Coleman stove away from other combustibles, and a bit of patience, I
don't recall any excitement.

Predominently water with a bit of oil is not a problem.. The other
way definitely CAN be.

Tom Gardner[_6_] June 1st 11 12:19 PM

dry out oil - follow up

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
Put 3 gal oil in five pail on hot plate at med hi heat. Took two
hours
to reach 100 degree C. Let it run another half hour. Oil looks like
new, got four more batches to do.

Karl

Weren't you tempted to do a bit of tempura?

[email protected] June 1st 11 07:11 PM

dry out oil

wrote:

I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

You can dry oil contaminated with water by heating it to about
90C/190F for several hours.

I have done this on a large scale ( about 80,000 litres at a time)
at my employers. I was Technical Superintendent of a lubricating oil
manufacturing plant and after about 20 years the steam heating coils
in the blending tanks fractured, releasing steam which condensed into
water and emulsion as the oil was only heated to 60C.

We simply transferred the oil to a sound tank, heated to 90C until
the oil was dry. The test for water is called a "crackle test",
simply put about 10 ml of oil in a test tube and heat with a bunsen
burner or electric heater. If you hear popping sounds, the oil is
still wet, continue drying until there is no popping.

If you have a reasonably heavy gauge 60 litre steel drum with one
or two bungs, fill it no more than about 2/3 full, then you can heat
it safely until it is dry, the oil will not overflow and the water
will evaporate through the bungs. Do not close the bungs. Do not
use an open topped grease pail unless it is 180 kg size and filled
with a maximum of 50 litres. Open containers are dangerous. You
can use a 20 litre drum filled to about 15 litres but they are a
thinner gauge steel and you have to be more careful with the heating
method.

I also have about 60 litres of damp transmission oil to dry from my
tractor, will wait until the end of winter when the weather warms up a
bit.

HTH

Alan,
who has had a much better life since retiring in
1995. No more 5 am starts unless I WANT to go out at that horrible
hour.

[email protected] June 1st 11 07:15 PM

dry out oil

wrote:

I had to dump the trans-hydraulic oil out of a tractor today. Its
contaminated with water. I've always just replaced it before, but the
price of oil has went nuts. And I'm a bit short right now.

I'm wondering about putting it in a metal bucket on a hot plate out in
the field. If you heat it to say 200, will it drive the water off?

I forgot to add that we blew dry compressed air through the wet
oil to circulate it. I will use compressed air when I dry my oil.

Alan

[email protected] June 1st 11 07:19 PM

dry out oil

On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:24:44 -0400, Ecnerwal
wrote:
That's called "form oil" when it lands on your concrete-mixing plywood
scrap, Ed - should be fine.

Real form oil is a mixture of the cheapest grade base oil and wool
grease and stinks of sheep ****.

Alan