Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone heard about this bad virus?

Last night a friend of mine got his computer infected with a virus. He
opened an email from a trusted source, it had attachments, pictures of
his friends dogs. AVG put up the notice that a virus threat was
detected and asked if it should it be moved to the vault. So my friend
clicks yes and then instantly he gets the message across the bottom of
the screen "HARD DRIVE FAILURE". So he shut the computer down and
called his friend from whom he recieved the email. This guy knows
computers pretty well and even though his email contained the virus
none of his computers were infected. Anyway, he told my friend to
restart his computer and press the F2 key. He does that and the BIOS
recognized his hard drive. So he thinks that the drive is probably OK
but is taking it to a local computer repair place to have them fix the
drive. I use AVG and Agent. He uses Yahoo and Outlook AVG. This virus
is bad enough that I'm leery of opening any emails even from trusted
sources. Comments anyone?
Eric