Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Newt Gingrich knows something about fiscal responsibility.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...J69G_blog.html

SCHIEFFER: Well, I mean, it's very odd to me that someone would run up
a half-million-dollar bill at a jewelry store.

GINGRICH: Well, go talk to Tiffany's. All I'm telling you is we are
very frugal. We, in fact, live within our budget. We owe nothing.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yep, this kind of stuff and all the wives make Newt an unlikely front
runner. The 'publicans had best get their **** together and soon. its
going totake a strong candidate if we don't want four more years of
Obamanomics.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 May 2011 16:14:21 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Yep, this kind of stuff and all the wives make Newt an unlikely front
runner. The 'publicans had best get their **** together and soon. its
going totake a strong candidate if we don't want four more years of
Obamanomics.

Karl

================
You might find the following oped piece of interest.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucru/2011052...iloftwolessers

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

F. George McDuffee wrote:
You might find the following oped piece of interest.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucru/2011052...iloftwolessers

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)

UN-FORTUNATELY you are right on the nose with that.
:-(
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 May 2011 16:24:41 -0600, Lewis Hartswick
wrote:

F. George McDuffee wrote:
You might find the following oped piece of interest.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucru/2011052...iloftwolessers

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)

UN-FORTUNATELY you are right on the nose with that.
:-(

Which part of that? He made some good points but he's far too
radical. Read the sample pages of his book, _The Anti-American
Manifesto_ on Amazon. It'll cure you of him in short order.

I'm afraid he's right about a revolution being the only way things
will change here to any extent, and I'm amazed that it hasn't begun
yet for one of many dozens of reasons.

--
Doubt 'til thou canst doubt no more...doubt is thought and thought
is life. Systems which end doubt are devices for drugging thought.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

F. George McDuffee wrote:
You might find the following oped piece of interest.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucru/2011052...iloftwolessers

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)

UN-FORTUNATELY you are right on the nose with that.
:-(

Which part of that? He made some good points but he's far too
radical. Read the sample pages of his book, _The Anti-American
Manifesto_ on Amazon. It'll cure you of him in short order.

I'm afraid he's right about a revolution being the only way things
will change here to any extent, and I'm amazed that it hasn't begun
yet for one of many dozens of reasons.

===========

When you're right, you're right, even when you are [far]
left...

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Yep, this kind of stuff and all the wives make Newt an unlikely
front
runner. The 'publicans had best get their **** together and soon.
its
going totake a strong candidate if we don't want four more years of
Obamanomics.

Karl

================
You might find the following oped piece of interest.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucru/2011052...iloftwolessers

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)

"Colossus-The Forbin Project" was always one of my favorite movies.
It's about a computer that takes over all major governments in the
world and institutes forced peaceful prosperity with humans impotently
kicking and screaming all the way. We need better computer AIs!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Yep, this kind of stuff and all the wives make Newt an unlikely front
runner. The 'publicans had best get their **** together and soon. its
going totake a strong candidate if we don't want four more years of
Obamanomics.

Karl

================
You might find the following oped piece of interest.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucru/2011052...iloftwolessers

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)

Excellent article

Which is why we have had some good Presidents..and a raft of poor ones.

Reagan, versus Carter for example...for those of you who remember the
times and the candidates

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-24, Karl Townsend wrote:
Yep, this kind of stuff and all the wives make Newt an unlikely front
runner. The 'publicans had best get their **** together and soon. its
going totake a strong candidate if we don't want four more years of
Obamanomics.

Agreed. An honest, mentally stable and intelligent person would be a
hugely helpful addition to the Republican party.

I do mean this quite seriously.

A long time ago, I actually admired Newt.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-24, Karl Townsend wrote:
Yep, this kind of stuff and all the wives make Newt an unlikely front
runner. The 'publicans had best get their **** together and soon. its
going totake a strong candidate if we don't want four more years of
Obamanomics.

Agreed. An honest, mentally stable and intelligent person would be a
hugely helpful addition to the Republican party.

I do mean this quite seriously.

A long time ago, I actually admired Newt.

I:
My filters prevented seeing transactions under the
title of your former thread but I am sure you pointed
out one of the first Soviet announcements after Sputnik
traveled to orbit was that it failed to find heaven. So,
I look foward to your report if you keep the h word
out of it.

On Newt, he's running for Newt, without any chance
of winning, with every chance of adding to what
passes for fame in this country and vast improvement
in his speaking fees. When the news reported that
he divorced his first wife when in the hospital with
cancer and his second shortly after a diagnosis of
MS, that was enough to form a picture.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 May 2011 16:42:50 -0500, Ignoramus1699

On 2011-05-24, Karl Townsend wrote:
Yep, this kind of stuff and all the wives make Newt an unlikely front
runner. The 'publicans had best get their **** together and soon. its
going totake a strong candidate if we don't want four more years of
Obamanomics.

Agreed. An honest, mentally stable and intelligent person would be a
hugely helpful addition to the Republican party.

I do mean this quite seriously.

One of those would be good in the Democratic party, too.

A long time ago, I actually admired Newt.

Ditto.

--
Doubt 'til thou canst doubt no more...doubt is thought and thought
is life. Systems which end doubt are devices for drugging thought.
-- Albert Guerard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news

One of those would be good in the Democratic party, too.

I saw that discrepancy too but a lot of liberals' are "olfactory
challenged".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/24/2011 4:46 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Agreed. An honest, mentally stable and intelligent person would be a
hugely helpful addition to the Republican party.

I do mean this quite seriously.

One of those would be good in the Democratic party, too.

Your problem is that there are people like that in the Democratic party
but you're simply incapable or recognizing them even when they are right
in front of you.

A long time ago, I actually admired Newt.

Ditto.

All this demonstrates is how lousy you are at judging someone's
character. I'm sure you admire plenty of other republicans who are
exactly the same as Gingrich.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus1699" wrote in message

Agreed. An honest, mentally stable and intelligent person would be a
hugely helpful addition to the Republican party.

How about one in the Democrat party? They are quite lacking too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-25, Tom Gardner w@w wrote:

"Ignoramus1699" wrote in message

Agreed. An honest, mentally stable and intelligent person would be a
hugely helpful addition to the Republican party.

How about one in the Democrat party? They are quite lacking too.

Our current president is not lacking in the above qualities.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 May 2011 20:42:20 -0500, Ignoramus1699

On 2011-05-25, Tom Gardner w@w wrote:

"Ignoramus1699" wrote in message

Agreed. An honest, mentally stable and intelligent person would be a
hugely helpful addition to the Republican party.

How about one in the Democrat party? They are quite lacking too.

Our current president is not lacking in the above qualities.

================

Another Rall oped that should be of interest.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucru/2011051...oftheobamabots

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-25, Tom Gardner w@w wrote:

"Ignoramus1699" wrote in message

Agreed. An honest, mentally stable and intelligent person would be a
hugely helpful addition to the Republican party.

How about one in the Democrat party? They are quite lacking too.

Our current president is not lacking in the above qualities.

I'll give you the intelligence, and a possible on the stability, but I
recommend that you stop following the party line on the honesty part.
Jesus, Ig, read something other than DNC propaganda. Try a little
research. Our sitting President was a major factor behind the housing
crisis. The Democratic Black Caucus, including Obama, was a major
force behind Fannie Mae giving homes to people who couldn't EVER be
considered stable enough to make a -second- payment, let alone 30
years worth of 'em. He doesn't own up to that, either.

What substantial promises has he fulfilled since first campaigning?
Which have shown him to be a prevaricator, such as the promise of
transparency in the Whitehouse?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/ here's a list to get
you started (likely not unbiased.)

Damnit, Ig. Read some of the things written about him and do your own
research via known unbiased (hard to find) sources. You'll come to the
same conclusions I have: I'd trust him as far as I could throw him
(and my spine is out of place at the moment. Chiro visit #4 coming
up.)

--
Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening
of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-25, Tom Gardnerw@w wrote:

lid wrote in message

Agreed. An honest, mentally stable and intelligent person would be a
hugely helpful addition to the Republican party.

How about one in the Democrat party? They are quite lacking too.

Our current president is not lacking in the above qualities.

That's what's wrong with the right wingers. They don't recognize quality
in anyone that's not in their party. They think douche bag republicans
like Newt have character but can't see anything positive in Obama.

How can you reason with people like that? It's impossible.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-24, Karl wrote:
Yep, this kind of stuff and all the wives make Newt an unlikely front
runner. The 'publicans had best get their **** together and soon. its
going totake a strong candidate if we don't want four more years of
Obamanomics.

Agreed. An honest, mentally stable and intelligent person would be a
hugely helpful addition to the Republican party.

I do mean this quite seriously.

A long time ago, I actually admired Newt.

Newt is a good example of what is wrong with republicans. What you see
is not what you get. Or more like, what they tell you is not true.
Here's Newt trying to portray himself as just one of us. He's not. He's
a spoiled, rich, elite, pretending to be a regular guy. He's far more at
home with the rich and the business community than he is with anyone
with a normal job.

His spending at Tiffany's is just one example of his opulent lifestyle.
The other day I heard that his expenses for airline travel for the year
amounted to 3 million dollars. In comparison Mitt Romney spent something
like 350,000. So here's Newt spending a half a million at Tiffany's and
three million on air travel. But Newt says he and his wife are frugal.

That's the problem with all the republicans. They want to portray
themselves as representing average Americans when in reality their
policies are harmful to ordinary people. Policies like getting rid of
Medicare and substituting a voucher to buy insurance with. That isn't
going to help granny. It will help the insurance company. So will the
subsidies to oil companies they just kept in place, and so will the
watered down regulations on Wall Street they forced on us.

The problem is that the hypocrisy Newt demonstrates goes with the entire
republican party. They pretend to be on your side while at the same time
they are stabbing you in the back. You know, like when Newt was having
an affair while savaging Clinton for fooling around with Monica
Lewinsky. How anyone can follow people like this is really amazing.

Hawke