DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cutting board to fit kitchen sink (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/323058-cutting-board-fit-kitchen-sink.html)

Joseph Gwinn May 11th 11 11:57 PM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

My latest domestic kitchen-support project was to take a very stiff
12"x18" high-density polyethylene (HDPE) cutting board, and trim it down
to 17.5", so it fits snugly over the stainless-steel kitchen sink,
allowing my wife to cut messy foods over the sink (and disposal).

Trimming the cutting board was easy with bandsaw and an ordinary
woodworking plane. The machining part of this project took maybe 30
minutes, mostly due to trimming and rounding edges with the woodworking
plane so the board rested snugly and securely on the edges of the sink.

For the record, ordinary (low density) polypropylene is a bit too
flexible, even if 0.5" thick. (The board cannot be thicker than this
and still fit in the dishwasher.) I was looking for 0.5" polypropylene,
which is offered by such web merchants as chefscatalog.com (Item #
24406), but The Container Store claimed to have such a thing, and they
are local, so I went there. It turned out to be 3/8" thick and made of
HDPE, not polypropylene, but seemed stiff enough, and cost only $17 or
so. The Chef's Catalog description is "high-density polypropylene",
which does not exist, so I bet it's HDPE as well.

If this modified 3/8" HDPE board doesn't work out, I'll buy some 0.5"
polypropylene stock and make a cutting board to fit the sink; this was
the original plan.

Joe Gwinn

PrecisionmachinisT May 12th 11 12:41 AM

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
[...]

I think I paid Port Plastics about $20.00 a year or so ago for a 3/4 x 18 x
24 piece of uhmw

--Mostly I use it to divide beef primal sections into smaller roasts, steaks
etc....Generally I just wash it by hand although it will fit diagonally
upright in the Hobart undercounter sanitizer unit if I use a peg style plate
rack.

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 12th 11 01:25 AM

[...]

The trouble with plastic cutting boards is that they look like crap in
short order and the wounds in the plastic harbor nasty critters.
Consider laminating some hard Maple strips then machine. It will look
good and last forever.

Joseph Gwinn May 12th 11 01:32 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

In article ,
"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote:

[...]

For my Bosch dishwasher, 18" by 12" by 0.5" fits nicely along one side,
leaving the rest of the space for dishes.

I did try to use a piece of 3/8" UHMW polyethylene as a cutting board,
but right from the start it would not lay flat on the counter, so it was
withdrawn from the kitchen, and now serves to keep my 4-jaw lathe chuck
up off the concrete floor.

Joe Gwinn

Pete C. May 12th 11 01:39 AM

Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

The dishwasher does a decent job of keeping the critters out of the
gouges. The real restaurant supply places sell thick 3/4"+ plastic
cutting boards that are intended to be belt sanded now and then when
they get gouged up. Personally I use a bunch or the thin flexible
plastic cutting boards and like the ability to flex them into a chute
when depositing the items I chopped on them into a pan or bowl.

Snag[_3_] May 12th 11 01:53 AM

Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

Which is exactly what I did - twice . Once for the kitchen sink at home ,
once for the little double sink in the camper. Good use for scrap , and I've
made several for wedding gifts . The newlyweds loved 'em .
Use Gorilla Glue ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Joseph Gwinn May 12th 11 02:31 AM

"Tom Gardner" w@w wrote:

[...]

I must say that I prefer wood, but my wife prefers plastic for all but
cheese. So, plastic it is.

Joe Gwinn

cavelamb May 12th 11 03:04 AM

Tom Gardner wrote:

The trouble with plastic cutting boards is that they look like crap in
short order and the wounds in the plastic harbor nasty critters.
Consider laminating some hard Maple strips then machine. It will look
good and last forever.

Machine sand with 220 - 320 grit to remove the scratches.

--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

Larry Jaques[_3_] May 12th 11 03:19 AM

On Wed, 11 May 2011 20:25:53 -0400, "Tom Gardner" w@w wrote:

[...]

Man, Scarysharpen your knives and stop cutting into the boards so
hard. They last forever!

--
Woe be to him that reads but one book.
-- George Herbert

Steve B[_10_] May 12th 11 03:28 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote

(The board cannot be thicker than this
and still fit in the dishwasher.)

What do you butcher that is not cleanable by normal means in hot soap and
water?

Steve

Winston May 12th 11 04:14 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

Pete C. wrote:

(...)

The dishwasher does a decent job of keeping the critters out of the
gouges. The real restaurant supply places sell thick 3/4"+ plastic
cutting boards that are intended to be belt sanded now and then when
they get gouged up. Personally I use a bunch or the thin flexible
plastic cutting boards and like the ability to flex them into a chute
when depositing the items I chopped on them into a pan or bowl.

Every couple years, I go to my plastic monger
and buy several sheets of thin HDPE in various
colors. I slice them up into disposable cutting
boards and store them in the kitch.

Just like you, I discovered that I could easily
form the surface into a funnel and dispense
sliced whatever on to a pan or pot.

Rinse it off in hot water and flip it over when
one side gets too ugly.

Toss it when both sides are no longer pretty.
Cheap, convenient and easy.

--Winston

PrecisionmachinisT May 12th 11 06:29 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

"Winston" wrote in message
Pete C. wrote:

(...)

The dishwasher does a decent job of keeping the critters out of the
gouges. The real restaurant supply places sell thick 3/4"+ plastic
cutting boards that are intended to be belt sanded now and then when
they get gouged up. Personally I use a bunch or the thin flexible
plastic cutting boards and like the ability to flex them into a chute
when depositing the items I chopped on them into a pan or bowl.

Every couple years, I go to my plastic monger
and buy several sheets of thin HDPE in various
colors. I slice them up into disposable cutting
boards and store them in the kitch.

Just like you, I discovered that I could easily
form the surface into a funnel and dispense
sliced whatever on to a pan or pot.

Rinse it off in hot water and flip it over when
one side gets too ugly.

Toss it when both sides are no longer pretty.
Cheap, convenient and easy.

Every so often I lay towel that's been wetted with soapy water and clorox
onto it for about 10 minutes.

Winston May 12th 11 07:56 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

(...)

Every so often I lay towel that's been wetted with soapy water and clorox
onto it for about 10 minutes.

I stumbled across this just now from:
http://www.chefknivestogo.com/woodvsplascu.html

"A good procedure for disinfecting both wood and plastic cutting boards,
as well as other surfaces and utensils, is to spray them first with a
mist of vinegar, then with a mist of hydrogen peroxide."

I don't know what the vinegar is supposed to do, but I am a real
evangelist for the power of H2O2, especially the "40 volume" (12%)
liquid (non cream) stuff. That *smokes* microbes RFN.

http://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.c...-peroxide.html

--Winston

Joseph Gwinn May 12th 11 01:31 PM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote

(The board cannot be thicker than this
and still fit in the dishwasher.)

What do you butcher that is not cleanable by normal means in hot soap and
water?

Lazyness.

Joe Gwinn

Larry Jaques[_3_] May 12th 11 05:31 PM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

On Wed, 11 May 2011 19:28:39 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote

(The board cannot be thicker than this
and still fit in the dishwasher.)

What do you butcher that is not cleanable by normal means in hot soap and
water?

Turn it into a sideboard top, preferably Mission style.

Larry Jaques[_3_] May 12th 11 11:39 PM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

On Wed, 11 May 2011 23:56:46 -0700, Winston
wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

(...)

Every so often I lay towel that's been wetted with soapy water and clorox
onto it for about 10 minutes.

I stumbled across this just now from:
http://www.chefknivestogo.com/woodvsplascu.html

"A good procedure for disinfecting both wood and plastic cutting boards,
as well as other surfaces and utensils, is to spray them first with a
mist of vinegar, then with a mist of hydrogen peroxide."

I don't know what the vinegar is supposed to do, but I am a real
evangelist for the power of H2O2, especially the "40 volume" (12%)
liquid (non cream) stuff. That *smokes* microbes RFN.

http://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.c...-peroxide.html

I use the dilution method. When I wash things, I dilute the strength
of the bugs on there. I believe in the 'little kid' method of health.
What the heck? Eat dirt! After I drop things, I'll pick 'em up, blow
'em off, and pop 'em in my mouth. All the added nasties do their part
in helping my immune system keep up-to-date in fighting things off.

Look at how often kids get sick now, with their mothers douching
everything around the house every hour with germ-killing douches.
Their bad health is a direct result of that.

I keep a spray bottle with 5% bleach solution in it on the kitchen
sink. I spray the counter once a week or so and cutting boards after
raw meat use, and I hose down my sponges (one for the dishes, one for
countertops and floor drops.) about once a week, whenever I smell even
slight mildew on them.

Maybe I'll use up my peroxide on the counters now that it has been
shown to be bad for treating wounds.

Winston May 13th 11 12:55 AM

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2011 23:56:46 -0700,
wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

(...)

[...]

In an age of antibiotic - resistant disease, I doubt the
wisdom of that. :)

Look at how often kids get sick now, with their mothers douching
everything around the house every hour with germ-killing douches.
Their bad health is a direct result of that.

I keep a spray bottle with 5% bleach solution in it on the kitchen
sink. I spray the counter once a week or so and cutting boards after
raw meat use, and I hose down my sponges (one for the dishes, one for
countertops and floor drops.) about once a week, whenever I smell even
slight mildew on them.

Maybe I'll use up my peroxide on the counters now that it has been
shown to be bad for treating wounds.

That's a rumor, apparently.

The Healthfinder site of the U.S. Department of Health and Human
Services is cited as saying that H2O2 hinders healing, but a search
of the site revealed no opinion at all.

http://www.healthfinder.gov/search/?sort=date%253AD%253AL%253Ad1&output=xml&ie=UTF-8&client=healthfinder&lr=lang_en&numgm=5&site=heal thfinder&filter=0&q=hydrogen+peroxide&noJsSubmit.x =0&noJsSubmit.y=0

The National Safety Council is quoted to have said "DO NOT use hydrogen
peroxide It does not kill bacteria ..." Their site remains
mum on the subject too. It's a good thing because, H2O2 definitely
does kill bacteria.

I get so tired of bogus information cloaked as science.
"Some scientists say..." is just not good enough proof for important
stuff.

--Winston

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] May 13th 11 12:59 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

Winston fired this volley in
:

In an age of antibiotic - resistant disease, I doubt the
wisdom of that. :)

That's all the MORE reason to "get exposed" to minor amounts of
infectants.

When I went to RVN, I was a "country boy". NOBODY would eat anything the
locals serve, for fear of getting the runs.

I ate everything I could buy, and suffered greatly for about a month.
After that, I could eat off the local economy any time I wanted, without
penalty.

Gotta build up the "gut bugs". It's actually MORE healthy than surviving
in a sterile environment.

Hell... I even (still) keep (and use) a bottle of Nuc Mam in the pantry.
It's good, if you can get past the smell! G

LLoyd

Larry Jaques[_3_] May 13th 11 01:08 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

On Thu, 12 May 2011 16:55:01 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2011 23:56:46 -0700,
wrote:

(...)

http://www.epinions.com/content_1742577796

The National Safety Council is quoted to have said "DO NOT use hydrogen
peroxide It does not kill bacteria ..." Their site remains
mum on the subject too. It's a good thing because, H2O2 definitely
does kill bacteria.

I get so tired of bogus information cloaked as science.
"Some scientists say..." is just not good enough proof for important
stuff.

....that we're all gonna die from Globular Swarming tomorrow.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that
we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how

Winston May 13th 11 02:10 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

http://www.epinions.com/content_1742577796

Hah! An unnamed person claiming to be in 'nursing school' passing along
heresay from someone claiming to be a Wound Care Nurse.
That's even better than "Some scientists say...". :)

" ...it is also eating away and bubbling away good tissue!"

That's first aid for you. Merely washing the wound will cause
the removal of some healthy tissue. So what?

I particularly liked this one:
"... dilute the peroxide. It should be about 3/4 water and may 1/4
peroxide." (SIC)

Jeebus Crisco! 25% concentration! The 3% stuff isn't strong enough?

Man! I don't even know *where* to get that strength H2O2! :)

The National Safety Council is quoted to have said "DO NOT use hydrogen
peroxide It does not kill bacteria ..." Their site remains
mum on the subject too. It's a good thing because, H2O2 definitely
does kill bacteria.

I get so tired of bogus information cloaked as science.
"Some scientists say..." is just not good enough proof for important
stuff.

...that we're all gonna die from Globular Swarming tomorrow.

The thing that comes out of Left Field is the thing that gets ya.
You are minding your own business when your workplace collapses
into the ocean, for example.

Karl Kleppinger Jr. of Natchez, MS
Donald Clark, Newellton, LA
Shane Roshto of Amite, MS
Roy Wyatt Kemp age 27 (family is in Monterey, La)
Dewey Revette age 48 from Southeast Mississippi
Blair Manuel from Eunice, LA
Stephen Curtis, Georgetown, LA
Aaron "Dale" Burkeen age 37 from Philadelphia, MS
Adam Wiese of Yorktown, Texas
Jason Anderson from Houston TX
Gordon Jones, Baton Rouge, age 28

--Winston

Winston May 13th 11 04:12 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
fired this volley in
:

In an age of antibiotic - resistant disease, I doubt the
wisdom of that. :)

That's all the MORE reason to "get exposed" to minor amounts of
infectants.

When I went to RVN, I was a "country boy". NOBODY would eat anything the
locals serve, for fear of getting the runs.

I ate everything I could buy, and suffered greatly for about a month.
After that, I could eat off the local economy any time I wanted, without
penalty.

It's all fun and games until you come down with a case of misdiagnosed
MSRA:
http://deadlydeceit.com/necrotizingf.html

Gotta build up the "gut bugs". It's actually MORE healthy than surviving
in a sterile environment.

--Winston --Did the dinosaurs have a '30 hour rule'?

cavelamb May 13th 11 05:08 AM

Winston wrote:

The National Safety Council is quoted to have said "DO NOT use hydrogen
peroxide It does not kill bacteria ..." Their site remains
mum on the subject too. It's a good thing because, H2O2 definitely
does kill bacteria.

I get so tired of bogus information cloaked as science.
"Some scientists say..." is just not good enough proof for important
stuff.

--Winston

Worked for Global Warming (tm)...

Tom Gardner[_6_] May 13th 11 05:59 AM

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 May 2011 23:56:46 -0700, Winston
wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

(...)

[...]

It's your "Chicken Tar Tar", no mater how tasty........

Gunner Asch[_7_] May 13th 11 06:06 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

On Thu, 12 May 2011 18:59:57 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Winston fired this volley in
:

In an age of antibiotic - resistant disease, I doubt the
wisdom of that. :)

That's all the MORE reason to "get exposed" to minor amounts of
infectants.

When I went to RVN, I was a "country boy". NOBODY would eat anything the
locals serve, for fear of getting the runs.

I ate everything I could buy, and suffered greatly for about a month.
After that, I could eat off the local economy any time I wanted, without
penalty.

Gotta build up the "gut bugs". It's actually MORE healthy than surviving
in a sterile environment.

Hell... I even (still) keep (and use) a bottle of Nuc Mam in the pantry.
It's good, if you can get past the smell! G

LLoyd

Indeed. Same here. Though I still dont much like nuc mam.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.

Larry Jaques[_3_] May 13th 11 06:34 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

On Thu, 12 May 2011 18:59:57 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Winston fired this volley in
:

In an age of antibiotic - resistant disease, I doubt the
wisdom of that. :)

That's all the MORE reason to "get exposed" to minor amounts of
infectants.

Precisely.

When I went to RVN, I was a "country boy". NOBODY would eat anything the
locals serve, for fear of getting the runs.

I ate everything I could buy, and suffered greatly for about a month.
After that, I could eat off the local economy any time I wanted, without
penalty.

Good call. You realize that tourists to the USA get the trots, too,
right? It's all because we have different intestinal bacteria in our
food and water.

Gotta build up the "gut bugs". It's actually MORE healthy than surviving
in a sterile environment.

Rightio.

Hell... I even (still) keep (and use) a bottle of Nuc Mam in the pantry.
It's good, if you can get past the smell! G

Fish sauce? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Humming "Fish heads, fish heads, lovely little fish heads!"

Larry Jaques[_3_] May 13th 11 06:41 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

On Thu, 12 May 2011 18:10:42 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

http://www.epinions.com/content_1742577796

Hah! An unnamed person claiming to be in 'nursing school' passing along
heresay from someone claiming to be a Wound Care Nurse.
That's even better than "Some scientists say...". :)

Keep researching it. You'll find some real docs concurring.

" ...it is also eating away and bubbling away good tissue!"

That's first aid for you. Merely washing the wound will cause
the removal of some healthy tissue. So what?

It keeps the skin from healing back together as rapidly and causes
more scarring.

I get so tired of bogus information cloaked as science.
"Some scientists say..." is just not good enough proof for important
stuff.

...that we're all gonna die from Globular Swarming tomorrow.

The thing that comes out of Left Field is the thing that gets ya.
You are minding your own business when your workplace collapses
into the ocean, for example.

Karl Kleppinger Jr. of Natchez, MS
Donald Clark, Newellton, LA
Shane Roshto of Amite, MS
Roy Wyatt Kemp age 27 (family is in Monterey, La)
Dewey Revette age 48 from Southeast Mississippi
Blair Manuel from Eunice, LA
Stephen Curtis, Georgetown, LA
Aaron "Dale" Burkeen age 37 from Philadelphia, MS
Adam Wiese of Yorktown, Texas
Jason Anderson from Houston TX
Gordon Jones, Baton Rouge, age 28

"Hi. I'm Joe Blow. I'm from Nawlins. I live in a city which is built
on ground UNDER sea level and UNDER the level of the lake next door."
Pay me when it gets hammered by a hurricane or the river overflows or
the lake overflows onto my land. I'm a victim. Pay me NOW!"

Larry Jaques[_3_] May 13th 11 06:48 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

On Thu, 12 May 2011 20:12:45 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
fired this volley in
:

In an age of antibiotic - resistant disease, I doubt the
wisdom of that. :)

That's all the MORE reason to "get exposed" to minor amounts of
infectants.

When I went to RVN, I was a "country boy". NOBODY would eat anything the
locals serve, for fear of getting the runs.

I ate everything I could buy, and suffered greatly for about a month.
After that, I could eat off the local economy any time I wanted, without
penalty.

It's all fun and games until you come down with a case of misdiagnosed
MSRA:
http://deadlydeceit.com/necrotizingf.html

Stay away from hospitals, doctor's offices, and biological warfare
labs. They're the only places where you catch the real nasties.

Gotta build up the "gut bugs". It's actually MORE healthy than surviving
in a sterile environment.

Who said anything about 'sterile'? :)

You looked as if you were going to any second there, Winnie.
Any second.

--Winston --Did the dinosaurs have a '30 hour rule'?

I think it was a 30 second rule. We're quicker so ours is 3.

Gunner Asch[_7_] May 13th 11 06:59 AM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

On Thu, 12 May 2011 22:34:49 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Hell... I even (still) keep (and use) a bottle of Nuc Mam in the pantry.
It's good, if you can get past the smell! G

Fish sauce? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Humming "Fish heads, fish heads, lovely little fish heads!"

"fermented" fish heads.

Its actually pretty good, but it gives me gas big time

Ed Huntress May 13th 11 12:33 PM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

. 3.70...
Winston fired this volley in
:

In an age of antibiotic - resistant disease, I doubt the
wisdom of that. :)

That's all the MORE reason to "get exposed" to minor amounts of
infectants.

This gives me a business idea. How about a weekend vacation and immunization
spa? Two days in my ancient dirt-floor garage ought to do it. It's got
everything -- a roof, plenty of wildlife hanging out, and a grill for
cookouts right outside. There are bugs in that floor that have been
cultivating for 80 years -- diseases that everyone thought were extinct.

$50. And I'll put up a cot and rig the garden hose for a shower...

--
Ed Huntress

Michael A. Terrell May 13th 11 12:34 PM

Larry Jaques wrote:

Stay away from hospitals, doctor's offices, and biological warfare
labs. They're the only places where you catch the real nasties.

Not according to the news. MSRA is being spread by infected emplyees
at food processing plants.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Winston May 13th 11 12:35 PM

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 12 May 2011 20:12:45 -0700,
wrote:

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
fired this volley in
:

In an age of antibiotic - resistant disease, I doubt the
wisdom of that. :)

That's all the MORE reason to "get exposed" to minor amounts of
infectants.

When I went to RVN, I was a "country boy".

Thank you for your service to our country, Lloyd.

NOBODY would eat anything the
locals serve, for fear of getting the runs.

I ate everything I could buy, and suffered greatly for about a month.
After that, I could eat off the local economy any time I wanted, without
penalty.

It's all fun and games until you come down with a case of misdiagnosed
MSRA:
http://deadlydeceit.com/necrotizingf.html

Stay away from hospitals, doctor's offices, and biological warfare
labs. They're the only places where you catch the real nasties.

Notny more. The article mentions that the new resistant super bugs
were extremely rare in the 1990s. Many have now attained 'epidemic'
status, propagating in improperly treated trash and sewage
as well as unsafe composting practices.

This ain't our grandfather's strep and staph.

Gotta build up the "gut bugs". It's actually MORE healthy than surviving
in a sterile environment.

Who said anything about 'sterile'? :)

You looked as if you were going to any second there, Winnie.
Any second.

Pshaw, I say. Moderation, not psychosis.

Our job is to maintain our existing feedback loops in shape and
give them medical assistance when they fall out of regulation.
I *agree* that the occasional 'bacterial challenge' is normally
a *good thing*. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine

However:
Part of our task is to avoid (let's face it) serious man-made
illnesses that are likely to knock our feedback loops flat
before they have time to recover.

Our problems start the moment we deny the massive effectiveness
of our evolved hardware and our problems get really huge when we
hand over total responsibility for our wellness to elite shamans,
some of which would not recognise the Hippocratic Oath if it were
spelled out in front of them. They are part of our exploding
criminal class because they make their money *creating* illness.

--Winston

Winston May 13th 11 02:28 PM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in message
. 3.70...
fired this volley in
:

In an age of antibiotic - resistant disease, I doubt the
wisdom of that. :)

That's all the MORE reason to "get exposed" to minor amounts of
infectants.

This gives me a business idea. How about a weekend vacation and immunization
spa? Two days in my ancient dirt-floor garage ought to do it. It's got
everything -- a roof, plenty of wildlife hanging out, and a grill for
cookouts right outside. There are bugs in that floor that have been
cultivating for 80 years -- diseases that everyone thought were extinct.

$50. And I'll put up a cot and rig the garden hose for a shower...

All Right! Pox Partay!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pox_party

--Winston

Winston May 13th 11 02:38 PM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

Winston wrote:

(...)

They are part of our exploding criminal class because
they make their money *creating* illness.

Ed, I'm not lumping you and your new Spa in with Harley,
Gary and Ali here. Your plan is to have participants
*recover* from illness, AFAIK :)

--Winston

Ed Huntress May 13th 11 02:46 PM

"Winston" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
[...]

Omigod. I forgot about those.

Well, I've decided that I can guarantee that, after two days in my garage,
you'll leave with an acute respiratory disorder, or severe gastric distress,
or a full-body rash. And, as an added bonus, you'll get a mudpack made from
dirt supplied by the local Superfund site, the former Raritan Arsenal, which
also will give you a chance to soak some serious toxins into your pores.

Just don't light a match while the mud is on you.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress May 13th 11 02:47 PM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

"Winston" wrote in message
Winston wrote:

(...)

They are part of our exploding criminal class because
they make their money *creating* illness.

Ed, I'm not lumping you and your new Spa in with Harley,
Gary and Ali here. Your plan is to have participants
*recover* from illness, AFAIK :)

--Winston

My plan is individually therapeutic and socially beneficial. And, if you
spend some time cleaning up my garage, I'll reduce the price.

--
Ed Huntress

Winston May 13th 11 03:03 PM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

Well, I've decided that I can guarantee that, after two days in my garage,
you'll leave with an acute respiratory disorder, or severe gastric distress,
or a full-body rash. And, as an added bonus, you'll get a mudpack made from
dirt supplied by the local Superfund site, the former Raritan Arsenal, which
also will give you a chance to soak some serious toxins into your pores.

Just don't light a match while the mud is on you.

Geek Flambe Mmmmm.

--Winston

Winston May 13th 11 03:09 PM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message
Winston wrote:

(...)

They are part of our exploding criminal class because
they make their money *creating* illness.

Ed, I'm not lumping you and your new Spa in with Harley,
Gary and Ali here. Your plan is to have participants
*recover* from illness, AFAIK :)

--Winston

My plan is individually therapeutic and socially beneficial. And, if you
spend some time cleaning up my garage, I'll reduce the price.

Price?

I thought you were *offering* participants 50 smackers.

I'm not nearly as excited, now. :)

--Winston

Ed Huntress May 13th 11 03:24 PM

Cutting board to fit kitchen sink

"Winston" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message
Winston wrote:

(...)

They are part of our exploding criminal class because
they make their money *creating* illness.

Ed, I'm not lumping you and your new Spa in with Harley,
Gary and Ali here. Your plan is to have participants
*recover* from illness, AFAIK :)

--Winston

My plan is individually therapeutic and socially beneficial. And, if you
spend some time cleaning up my garage, I'll reduce the price.

Price?

I thought you were *offering* participants 50 smackers.

I'm not nearly as excited, now. :)

The cost of medical care is just going up all over, Winston.

--Winston