Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chinese street popcorn popper.

On May 9, 4:35*pm, Rich Grise wrote:
Doug White wrote:
pyotr filipivich wrote in

This is cool, and shows the way it works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta5jh9VglDw&NR=1

Could also be used to scare off crows.

Thanks! *A friend of mine told me about seeing these at fairs when he grew
up in Korea. *I'd never seen one in action before. *Here's another video
that shows a bit more clearly how much popcorn they get out of the thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBl68...eature=related

The recordings don't do the noise justice. *My friend said they are VERY
loud.

Remember Puffed Wheat and Puffed Rice? They were "shot from guns." ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

My father lived near the Puffed Wheat factory and said you could here
it going off.
Karl